• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Creative Writing Challenge #188 - "Harmony"

Status
Not open for further replies.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Not gonna lie, Mike and Cyan pair up is intimidating and exciting. I want mystery horror sci-fi. I'm also selfish.

Ashes

Banned
I don't want to scare anyone, but Mike and I are just starting our 20th draft.

Lol.

We should all do a joint hangout. And talk over each other.

I'd join in but my sleep pattern is all over the place. Plus it'd be easier a couple hours before.

Did alle the pairs get into contact with each other? Were there any problems?

I can confirm that we have had no contact and seek to stick to our plan of leaving it till the dawn of the last day.

Cyan

Banned
Hangout starts in half an hour. Standard quick recap: it's on Google Hangouts, and the format is ten minutes of chat, then thirty minutes of writing with mics muted, repeated until we've gone for two hours. Webcams aren't required, though several of us will have them. Mics are recommended but also not required, as you can use the text chat.

The hangout link is (quote to see):

Note that Google Hangouts recently moved to a new format, which doesn't include the text chat. If you want to switch back, hit the three dots in the upper right corner and choose the option to switch to the old version.

Cyan

Banned
I'll probably set up another hangout since we're still in a writing period. Feel free to join in if you're up for it. Start in about two hours.

Ashes

Banned
Normally I'd wish everyone else good luck. But the way nez and I are rolling, I'm gonna wish us luck too!

Good luck sista.

Nezumi

Normally I'd wish everyone else good luck. But the way nez and I are rolling, I'm gonna wish us luck too!

Good luck sista.

Don't fret. After all it is still over four days to the deadline. And I HAVE already started to write something.

Mike M

Nick N
And now comes the easiest part of a coach's job; the cuts.

OMG, I can't remember the last time I blew up the word count this bad. I feel like we've cut this to the bone and we're still over.

Hey guys,
Is there thread on GAF dedicated to creative writing which isn't one of the challenges?
I've started working on a short story / skript... not really sure what it is yet set but I've got the basic idea down on paper.
Anyway, i was wondering if we had a thread dedicated to giving feedback, advice, tips etc.

Red

:D Let's just say that no matter which timezone you are in you'll have a good chunk of your Saturday to write as well.

I vote you give just enough time for Flowers and I to finish our story, and just less than enough time for Mike and Cyan to edit theirs.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I vote you give just enough time for Flowers and I to finish our story, and just less than enough time for Mike and Cyan to edit theirs.

No shh shhh don't tell them. Everyone ignore the pillars of smoke. Those are nothing. They were always there.

tirminyl

I think my vacation destroyed my progress towards completing a first draft. Oh, well. Can't wait to read what you all have written.

I think this is my first time going way above the word limit and utilizing the grace period.
Here's looking at you, Saturday morning. Gotta wrap this up and edit. Oy.

Cyan

Banned
Man, after being more or less done for the last day or two, now I'm just wondering how Mike M refrains from making endless smug comments in these threads every time we approach the deadline.

Nezumi

I'm up. I'm up!

Going to start right...

after a shower, tea, coffee, biscuits....

...toast.

Expecting your name to pop at google drive any minute then...

I've been up for over an hour and have written a whooping 50 words...

Man, after being more or less done for the last day or two, now I'm just wondering how Mike M refrains from making endless smug comments in these threads every time we approach the deadline.

Because after all this years he learned that most of us procrastinators wouldn't give a single shit about them :D
On a different note... I just bought Infinite Jest yesterday... Where's my book club, Cyan? Where?

Nezumi

Hey Nez... how about "Aperture"?
That's what I got.

I like it.

PSA!

The extended deadline/graceperiod will end in a little less than two hours (Noon PST). If you are almost done but don't think you can make it until then let me now and I'll be just a little bit more gracious;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom