• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Creative Writing Challenge #[##] - "[#]"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike M

Nick N
IT'S 10:00 ON WEDNESDAY AND I HAVE NO FIRST DRAFT!
22202902-Frustrated-young-man-holding-his-head-and-screaming-sitting-with-a-laptop-on-white-background-Stock-Photo.jpg

IT'S 10:00 ON WEDNESDAY AND I HAVE NO FIRST DRAFT!

I can't help but notice how old that picture is by the fact that that laptop still has a Printer Port, and some else I don't even recognize. An external SCSI port?

For those wondering, in order from left to right: P/S2 (mouse or keyboard), the world's loneliest USB 1.0 port (I think? Doesn't look like it, but firewire would be too recent compared to the other ports), RS232 port (male), printer port, VGA port, something (SCSI?), power.
So this would be a 90's / maybe early 2000's picture. Aside from the fact that the 'laptop' is obviously an old-school giant brick, that is.

That's a long-ass time to collect royalties on a stock picture.
And yes, I'm old.

also, congrats Tangent, that was a neat entry.

Tangent

Hi people!

Wow, you guys are eager beavers. Good thing I didn't wait until Feb. 23rd to see what the prompt was for a 24th deadline. Thanks, Cyan, for pinging me!

And thank you for the congratulations! I'm honored to share the congrats with Flowers. If I weren't so late in the game for posting a new challenge, then I think it would have been fun if Flowers and I came up with something together. I also think it's an endearing protocol we have -- letting the person who never wins get a win.... kind of like letting the toddler win at an arm wrestling match. :) "Look Daddy! Look Mommy! I won!"

OK, anyway, I'm at my computer! And I will post something in the next hour! Thinking!

And yeah, let's blame the delay on Trump. Why not?

Okay, the new thread is up here!

BTW, I skipped writing challenge #205, and just decided to call the new one #206, after "#[##]!" :) Also, I kind of forgot how to post a new thread for a new challenge. I hope I got all the deets down correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom