• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Drawing-a-Day Thread

highrider

Banned
IMG_20130615_174331_zpsd744a4b2.jpg
S memo 15 minutes. The second one took about a half hour.

Collete

I hope you don't mind, but I thought your design would look cool with some effects. Just for fun.

Oo that does look cool!
I don't mind if it's just for fun, no worries.
I actually like this new look!

Day 8:
Gosh I was brain dead when it came to creativity...I just drew whatever I felt like today.

Time: Forever to think of.
Medium: Artrage 4, wacom bamboo
Notes:
Title is New Home
After being denied from salvation, the journey for reentry to salvation starts. Through foreboding skies, we must embark.

Collete

Day 9:

Time: 30 minutes
Medium: Artrage 4, wacom bamboo tablet
Notes: Eye of Paradise
The greater power opens his eye to let us see what missed opportunity we have brought upon ourselves. It's as if he's taunting us. What being would do that if he cared for everyone of us? Stabbing the eye will do no good. We have to press on.

Counting this one as the one for the 16th. Just did a a basic 10-minute doodle of a rocket launcher idea and a Sceraphid dude holding it.

fOYA1EH.png

Prax

Friend's birthday today so I drew him his character!

tumblr_moif5pTw4p1rpo74uo1_500.png

I liek yoru style~!

Oh, and I have draw things here and there but I think I missed a few days.. >___>
All this wedding planing is driving me nuts
here is some "procrastinart" before i drop dead asleep

procrastinart__asfir_and_a_guitar_by_meibatsu-d69djeb.png

dangeROSS

I've been working on a series of photos showing what my dog does when we are not around. In this one he is a race-car driver. Done with Artrage.

Z1fzaia.jpg

Collete

I've been working on a series of photos showing what my dog does when we are not around. In this one he is a race-car driver. Done with Artrage.

Z1fzaia.jpg

Wow nicely done! It really does like a real painting from a canvas, what was your canvas settings out of curiosity?

Day 10:

Time: 45 Minutes
Medium: Artrage 4, wacom bamboo
Notes: The title is Nightmare Field, but I'm in no creative mood today to give you a description...I don't know, but I can tell you it's in the same area where our journey is going.

I think I'll try and participate in this because I don't really live up to my username much these days... I don't know how long I'll last because I'm easily distracted and a heavy procrastinator, but here it goes!

jdy44fqdjFLoe.png

~an hour
PS + Wacom

TCKaos

A true Nonoriri has a Buster Machine in her heart!

Day 8:

HARD WORK
GUTS

Done in around fifteen minutes. I honestly only did it so I would have something to post, but I think I'm getting faster. Still don't like it, though (kinda like Nono's hair. It looks neat).

Jhoan

Been behind like crazy so to make up, here are the latest people I've been drawing in public. All done with pen on Moleskine sketch book; 5-20 minutes (varies):

Friday before the last:

Last Friday (heading to my destination and going home for 2 drawings). I drew the first dude's lips too big which makes it look like duck lips; the second dude that I drew realized that I was drawing and liked it; his friend was also impressed:

Today's subway rides drawings. The first dude does not have a beard; that was shading but I was able to get all the important details in; the woman got off her stop so I had to improvise and imagine where her arm and chest would be so I wasn't able to draw out the details; the last dude's hand looks awkward:

I need to invest in a scanner since my phone takes awful quality pictures. But for now, I'll have to deal with using my phone.

I'm also working on a cat drawing based on a picture that I've been doing on and off in the weekend. Here's the reference photo and my version. I have to make the eyes orange and get rid of the pea green from the eyes. The head also looks squished and the snout needs to be angled more toward the right and enlarged a bit more. I welcome other critiques:

Not sure if this counts as a drawing per se, but...

iSjSRP4tCLRvJ.png

Spent a bit trying to make a cohesive UI for a pseudo-class-based arena shooter I'm brainstorming. I know it'd be next to impossible on consoles because of the dead space on most HDTVs, but a man can dream.

It was all in Photoshop CS5 (except for the weapon blueprints which were done in Illustrator CS6) and I own all of the assets, save for the obvious Damnation concept art / map thumbnail and the Shuffle button on the class bar. It's meant to signify picking a random class each spawn. Took about two and a half hours, I think.

Collete

Day 10:

Time: 30 minutes
Notes: "You will never get your wings back, even if you reach your salvation," the vines taunt. What is the use?...What is the point of struggling to salvation knowing you'll never belong anywhere...

0315tKy.png

Tried doodling some Livechamber vehicle concepts. Clockwise from the top-right:

Giant Aether tripod thing based on the three-legged crow. Still needs a buttload of tuning (as do most of these concepts). Also not to scale; it's like four or five times that size.

The lich king/pyramid head-looking dude is actually a mech; it's the same symbiote junk Nullpunks used, but "public domain" in terms of an owner and about two and a half times the size of one of their regular footsoldiers. You can shoot a beam out of the sword like a mortar. Only difference is, you're firing yourself - it's a slow-moving projectile that, once impacts, teleports you to the blast radius and you perform a wide swipe with your blade.

Typical Nullpunk soldier (maybe like 6 and a half feet?) shown next to it for size reference.

Very rough recon lightcycle/batpod Aether vehicle. Nicknamed "Scooty Puff Jr."

Hive aircraft in use by the Scerephim. You can either fire a weird incendiary turret or drop a payload of landmines on unsuspecting infantry.

Haven't figured out a Mind vehicle yet but Horus (birdman) takes some cues from Egyptian culture, so here's a doodle of a Sphinx with a jetpack and gun.

Top Bottom