• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Drawing-a-Day Thread

^ I don't think I could ever withstand trying to actually work in illustrator. It seems helpful for some graphic design stuff but don't think I could handle doing actual sketching and stuff in there haha. Good luck with your project!

I am still in the worst art slump I've had in like, years. It's awful

:/ maybe I'll paint it or something

:(

sophora

dBsHBXq.jpg

Trying to get back into the routine again. Some Hitman Reborn fan art because I love the series.

isitstill

I drew this with Edscii, an ASCII art editor. The heads are raised up from the background.

image.jpg

I was pretty psyched about how this turned out, but I have ideas on how I could improve it.

Haha yeah! My life felt saved when I figured how to use multiply so I could colour underneath the lineart! Those were the days~!

Oh gosh yeah. They look like an odd creepy couple! Longneck bunny starts looking more like a kangaroo or llama lol.

And because I apparently draw more while I'm sick..
Haha hope you get better soon, I know that I can't draw at all when I'm sick :/

todays randoms

DEATH™

Guys, about the Art Thread I've been working on... I just discovered that I went over 1 post. Is one post OP a hard cap? If it's a hard cap, I might just make the post into a huge jpg image/s.

DEATH™;153937928 said:
Guys, about the Art Thread I've been working on... I just discovered that I went over 1 post. Is one post OP a hard cap? If it's a hard cap, I might just make the post into a huge jpg image/s.

This thread's OP went over 1 post so I'm sure it's all good, especially because you'll be using the multiple posts for good reason aswell. But maybe it's best to contact a mod, just to be sure.

Negaduck

Been really trying to kick my ass on the art grind. This was the latest endeavor. Stopped here because it wasn't going as well as I wanted.

Doing the 100 something's exercise. Not confident in drawing females so I'm drawing 100 females. This is number 4.

LegendX48

Been a while, here's a random thing I did in photoshop today, took a couple hours.

whatever skill I have does not translate well into digital :| I had fun drawing the hair but I should probably do it very differently next time.

Also, I'm just now realizing that I never colored the necklace thingy... oh well.

LegendX48

Was going on and off for this one for a bit but won't be able to finish it today.

Being sick stinks >_<

beyond that, I'm thinking of overhauling what I've done for the upper body. Maybe just making it more, well, without the breasts. Gonna play with it when I feel better.

Prax

AU stuff! Dogs are dumb. lol

tumblr_nknyvop1B61qh3iwzo1_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nknyvop1B61qh3iwzo2_r1_1280.png

EDITED VERSION where it's the hind paw instead. lol:
tumblr_nknyvop1B61qh3iwzo3_r1_1280.png

2-3 hours? Honestly, I can't believe it took so long.. lol

EDIT:
And something from today!

Pinch-hitting a secret santa for someone who couldn't finish an exchange. >___>
The Slayers in some kinda.. cyberpunk setting? It still looks like fantasy to me though. XD
tumblr_nkr40vF0Wv1tb3rvdo1_1280.png

5-6 hours? I feel like an hour was just playing with an overlay/dodge colour correction layer. lol

DEATH™

Here's the next hero, this one was dreamed up by a two and a half year-old boy named Liam who's undergoing treatment for cancer. He loves dinosaurs:

How was he now? I seriously wish him well. I'll keep him in my prayers.

was bored and learned I could make gifs and junk in photoshop so...

does this count?

Yep lol.

I think you will have easier time doing animation using paths though.

LegendX48

DEATH™;155033776 said:
You can easily move them in each frame. Move the anchor point, you move the line, or even the whole object/s.

That's why people use Flash now for 2D animation...

I'll have to figure out how that works sometime.

Anywho, here's my drawing for the day

tumblr_nkvi7yUASb1t50g6fo1_1280.png

Prax

I animated one of my friend's comic panels today to respond to a comment by a reader!
For context, the reader was saying how the silver-haired guy looked nonchalant like he guys on his lap after rescuing them was a usual thing. He's a stripper:

oft_14_by_meibatsu-d8kx7fe.gif

I didn't want the gif to go too long, so they don't quite get enough syllables in with their open/close mouth frames. lol
Base art by her, extra art for animations by me in Paint Tool SAI and then converted into a gif in photoshop.

DEATH™

I just realized I haven't posted any artwork here... so here's one...

I'm trying to make the banner for the Art Self Study Thread using her but I realized how I suck at digital art. I can't make any progress. I realized I can't paint anything that isn't a ball lol.

Guys, anyone of you want to refine/color her?

E0fh1pi.jpg

Still trying to warm up to the comic book style by imitating Capullo. You'd think shadow heavy characters would be lazy-friendly but not really :p

DEATH™

what are you talking about? That seems pretty good so far.

I mean, look at those guys above me... I'm like DEEEEEEEM.

I know it's a carnal sin to compare where I am to others but I still end up being jealous lol.

Anyway I might just color it myself... I'm exploring brushes in Painter and I'm finding some brushes that I'm liking...

Also, I'm almost done with the contents of the thread. Guys, I need feedback from you guys...

DEATH&#8482;;153960971 said:
Thanks. I went to ask permission in the OT Thread...

Also here is my current progress... https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3IvTRNyHM3sOUNCWlBVck9OUGs&authuser=0

It's looking pretty fantastic, really makes me wish something like this existed a while back. Lots of respect and love for doing this.

Also the Level Up! guys should definitely be put in. Their first videos are a bit wonky because they're getting used to streaming, but man their channel is exactly what I was looking for.
The whole point is for aspiring artists to 'level up'. They teach and do paint overs, and their special guests are amazing- lots of great insight into how they got to where they are now as they just chat about their methods and what they've learned throughout their lives.

Loxley

E0fh1pi.jpg

Still trying to warm up to the comic book style by imitating Capullo. You'd think shadow heavy characters would be lazy-friendly but not really :p

Looks great dude. Capullo is my favorite Batman artist, so as far as I'm concerned you picked a good artist to emulate.

LegendX48

running low on time so this will have to do for today

Also, since others posted colored versions of previously shown drawings, here's what I did yesterday

she looks like an alien to me >.>

edit: the glasses version looks weird to me but I think I have an idea of how to correct it.

UrbanRats

I figured i'd start posting here, perhaps it'll help find a bit more consistency.

i8RjCcMyjLm4h.png

Just some foot studies (and two hands!) i did today, more as a warm up than anything.
They're all from memory, so don't expect them to be terribly accurate, but i thought it went well enough, eventually i'll look up some references to clear out the confusion about a bunch of aspects (especially concerning muscles).
I don't usually do these sort of practice sketches on digital, but it's less of a pain in the ass like this, if i then want to post it here, also, i won't waste paper.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Past couple of weeks on my IG

Biggie character studies
10296869_1586776924893979_1607511819_n.jpg

Friend's BDay sketch
11032954_1411084912530056_310810286_n.jpg

Medusa because...Medusa practicing ink n marker
11024170_835505876492703_390931046_n.jpg

Storm too
11007886_333124446888871_1530410387_n.jpg

Work