• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF E3 2015 Summary Thread

Bsigg12

In terms of things available now, Microsoft crushed it. Xbox 360 backwards compatibility, although limited currently, Gears of War Ultimate beta, Win 10 game streaming, Elite Dangerous Preview and The Long Dark Preview. Pretty good stuff all in all.

Can't wait to see if Nintendo has anything planned for tomorrow.

cool_dude

Banned
In terms of things available now, Microsoft crushed it. Xbox 360 backwards compatibility, although limited currently, Gears of War Ultimate beta, Win 10 game streaming, Elite Dangerous Preview and The Long Dark Preview. Pretty good stuff all in all.

Can't wait to see if Nintendo has anything planned for tomorrow.

Great job by MSFT!

Kinnon

Neo Member
It seems like this year they are just catering to everyone's pipe dreams. FF7 remake, Shenmue 3 and the XBone backwards compatibility. Next they'll probably say Last Guardian is already out.

Tizoc

OK so stuff I gotta get trailers for to show my brother
1- That new FF game
2- FF7 Teaser trailer
3- SF5 new chara trailer

What else was shown during Son'y conf. besides what was mentioned in the OP?

Scoot2005

Banned
This E3 is turning out to be the best one in a long time. It feels like current gen is actually getting it's real oomph. Excited.

When I woke up my wallet had somehow placed a chastity belt on itself. Wonder how I'm going to get that off.

wilflare

Ok updated with the bulk of the Sony conference stuff.

Nintendo conference left!

I was able to get off work early today, but tomorrow no way. So I won't be back to probably around 7:30PM(EST) for the Nintendo stuff.

is there gonna be a specific summary post/segment for EA, Ubisoft, etc?

BouncyFrag

This E3 is turning out to be the best one in a long time. It feels like current gen is actually getting it's real oomph. Excited.

When I woke up my wallet had somehow placed a chastity belt on itself. Wonder how I'm going to get that off.
Where we were last year compared to now is night and day. Gamers of all stripes should feel pretty good with e3 so far and hopefully Ninty will have a strong showing too. Gaf might even not be as grumpy.
It won't last long though, lol

Scoot2005

Banned
Where we were last year compared to now is night and day. Gamers of all stripes should feel pretty good with e3 so far and hopefully Ninty will have a strong showing too. Gaf might even not be as grumpy.

Gaf is always grumpy. I don't have a Wii U or 3DS anymore but I hope they bring the heat. Show some new LoZ footage. Also I want to see Starfox.

wilflare

It's mixed into my post, but most of the Ubisoft/EA stuff is in the Misc/multi stuff, from the 5:49PM to 8:14PM update.

See you guys later tonight.

I see. thanks for doing this!
perhaps a summary for each press conference would be great for next time (like one for Beth, one for EA, one for Ubisoft)

hope this doesn't come off as complaining, appreciate your efforts here!

I'm seeing a great mix of new IP, sequels we all wanted, and the return of some legends. Also plenty of gameplay shown off for games like Fallout, Star Wars Battlefront, Horizon, Gears, Uncharted. Best E3 in a while in terms of games shown off I think. At least from the games that I want.

StarVigil

Seriously, Adam Boyes and Shuhei Yoshida are the shit.
CHljyHuUEAEcyW8.jpg

https://twitter.com/amboyes/status/610628940344922114

2013: Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3
2015: The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy VII RE and Shenmue 3

What a crazy day.

hesido

Where can I watch the Sony Conference in proper quality? Youtube IGN version suffers from bad encoding (bad 60fps->30fps conversion or whatever..)

This E3 has been the best in several years. Even the worst moments have been better than a lot of the good moments from before. It would seam that corporate gaming has learned from the gamers. I am impressed.

8/10 B+

giphy.gif

jond76

Banned
I'd they're any live coverage going on today?

I know Xbox is doing their daily later in the evening, but is there any general coverage?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
If by some miracle Half-Life 3 gets announced later at the PC conference (I doubt it though), the gaming community will be definitively satisfied given the other announcements from yesterday.

Dawg

Small adjustment, Ami, doesn't really matter but yeah... :eek:

Metal Gear Solid V, for PS4/XBO/PC, has a brand new E3 trailer. It may be the last Kojima MGS E3 trailer we ever get :( (Link, Thread)

Also coming to PS3 and Xbox 360. Easy to forget, though :p

EpicBox

This has easily been the best E3 of my life.

Now we play the game of "guess what gets delayed". My money is on Rise of the Tomb Raider, because its current release date is the same as Fallout 4.

why does the website say it starts in 5 hours o_O

but their twitch says in 1 hour

wtf future

The countdown on their site is broken. It says 0 for me.
To restate: the venue doors open to press and attendees at 5 PM PDT today, June 16. At that point we'll be switching on the PC Gamer livestream and launching a 1-hour countdown clock paired with music from Disasterpeace and some fun PC gaming trivia. The stage show itself is scheduled to start at exactly 6 PM PDT. Click here to see what time that is in your local time zone.

http://www.pcgamer.com/pc-gaming-show-livestream-twitch-watch/

I think I posted these somewhere else but since this is an "aftermath" thread I think it's better here.

Bethesda: 10/10 - Fantastic conference, the depth of Fallout 4 is staggering. Everything was just "here it is" with no blabbering. The announcement of an immediately avaialble product is always nice, and in this case the app itself is great as well. FO4 looks incredible and I can't wait to sink into the rabbit hole. Not particularly bothered about Doom, but everyone went into this expecting Fallout 4 and they delivered.

Microsoft: 9/10 - Backwards compatibility, ALMOST 'nuff said. Forza 6 demonstration was short but incredible. Not much else to say, this one just clicked and Xbox BC is easily the biggest announcement from E3.

Square Enix: 7 or 8/10 - Just Cause 3 alone. I didn't even watch anything past that, the game just looks that good.

Sony: 7/10 - Solid conference, I appreciate the quick firing of their games, but the most interesting stuff wasn't exclusive. Shenmue being brought back is amazing for everyone, but the way they're treating it is weird. Very surprised at the complete lack of any racing content.

Ubisoft: 5 or 6/10 - Not much I was interested in, but Trackmania looks great, and another title receiving a broader audience of consoles + PC is always nice for everyone. Ghost Recon looks great, but as with EA, the most interesting stuff didn't have much spotlight. Assassin's Creed is bland as ever.

EA: 3/10 - Not interested in Battlefront. All graphics and not much else really. The most interesting thing there was NFS, which got about a minute of screen time. The Unravel game looks decent and quirky but not my thing, and the rest was just SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS.

Nintendo: Didn't watch it, and this is the important part. But from hearsay alone, 1/10. From what I've heard even from dedicated Wii U owners, there's not much reason to keep the console. Reading the news of announced titles, nothing interests me either.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm back on, but won't be able to update until 10:00PM(EST). I hear Nintendo's conference wasn't terribly packed, so maybe not much of a big update anyway.

Any other important news today?

Nintendo: Didn't watch it, and this is the important part. But from hearsay alone, 1/10. From what I've heard even from dedicated Wii U owners, there's not much reason to keep the console.
Existing games that I'm still playing is my reason to keep it. I can easily get another 6-12 months out of Splatoon and Mario Kart alone. Quality DLC.

Star Fox Zero, forma.8 and FAST Racing Neo were the only new games on Wii U to interest me. And I'd have to try before buying for all.

Top Bottom