• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF E3 2015 Summary Thread

Sora_N

Anyone have a code for today they won't be using so I can order something from BB?

The code thing is stupid as hell.

I want to make another order but dont' reallyf eel like waiting till tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me why people thought EA conference was bad? I missed it but they showed Mirrors Edge 2, SW Battlefront, and Mass Effect right? How bad could it be to compare them to Nintendo?

rpmboy

Can anyone tell me why people thought EA conference was bad? I missed it but they showed Mirrors Edge 2, SW Battlefront, and Mass Effect right? How bad could it be to compare them to Nintendo?

Mass Effect and ME2 were short, ~2 min cinematic trailers. Battlefront was 5 mins of gameplay.

EA had a 90 minute conference.

People have a problem with no real Mirror's Edge 2 gameplay and what took up the other 80 minutes (sports sports sports, mobile mobile mobile).

Amir0x

Banned
Is this thread going to be updated with a summary from the PC Gaming show?

Yes, all of today's news - including Nintendo Direct, PC show and SquareEnix stuff - will be added sometime tomorrow. I just got so busy with the audit today and when I came home I had a little personal emergency I had to take care of.

Rise of the Tomb Raider, timed exclusive on XBO/PC, has a new E3 gameplay trailer. Out November 10, 2015.

Isn't this wrong? Its a xbone/360 only timed exclusive no?

Thanks for this amazing thread, let's me catch up on everything without having to watch the conferences.

lol just saw this on twitter.

CHqnSInUMAEb8dM.jpg

Not bad.

So due to a friend who works event planning, I got guest listed for E3 today. I'm leaving in a few hours.

I'm not sure if today is a public or press day still, in which case I could just end up waiting in line all day.

Either way, I've never gone. Anyone have any tips/suggestions for a first time E3 goer?

Thanks!

Amir0x

Banned
Ok started updating a bit, Nintendo conference stuff, a few tidbits from the PC conference (haven't poured over all the news from that conference yet) and a few other random shits like the SquareEnix announcements all updated.

And thanks John Caboose, fixed that oversight now

Marele Viorel

Neo Member
For me...E3 2015 was:

1. Microsoft
  2. Sony
  3. PC
  4. Ubisoft
  5. Bethesda
  6. EA
  7. Nintendo
  8. Square Enix
...and:

• SOMA
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Residenr Evil 0
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection
  • DOOM
  • Eve: Valkyrie
  • Gears of War Ultimate Edition
  • Killing Floor 2
  • Just Cause 3
  • Nier
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Ronin
  • ETIR
  • Mother Russia Bleeds
  • Crossing Souls
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • For Honor
  • Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
  • Unravel
  • ENKI
  • Gears of War 4
  • Rare Replay (all 30 games especially Battletoads)
  • Cuphead
  • Beyond Eyes
  • Dark Souls III
  • Street Fighter V
  • Neonchrome
  • Phantasmal: City of Darkness
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • XBOX ONE Backwards Compatibility
  • The new XO controller (the one with jack and stuff)
  • Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Amir0x

Banned
You're doing good work. Nice to see everything in one place.

Honestly it doesn't usually feel like work, for some reason I love collecting data points and putting them behind bulletpoints. It's soothing to me for some bizarre reason, ever since I was a kid.

So making these threads is something of a treat. Plus, I get tons of help from GAFers, which makes it easier.

Subba

Unconfirmed Member
Any word on the yearly Nintendo round table? I believe it has always taken place on Wednesday night but I've yet to see mentioned anywhere.

Amir0x

Banned
No Tenchu

No Battletoads

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Maybe Battletoads for Gamescom? They moved a lot of big games to Gamescom, and Sony doesn't even have a conference this year there. So they have an opportunity to get the media all to themselves.

Vanish

Have Capcom or Sega announce any new games at all this week? I know Capcom at least showed off Street Fighter 5 but did Sega even show up at all?

KingJ2002

So was Capybara and Below just a complete no show?

Below was on the floor... didn't get a chance to play it though.

After coming back from the show here's my top picks (I checked out mostly playstation 4 stuff so forgive me if this isn't comprehensive.)

1. Uncharted 4: What Naughty Dog is doing... jeeeez... After watching the extended trailer there in it's private viewing area. I walked out of that room every other game paled in comparison... like guppies in a shark tank. I saw the best looking game at e3 and it was definitely uncharted. They really raised the bar as it's cinematic and gameplay blends so smoothly.

2. Star Wars Battlefront: This game is the real deal... from it's graphics down to the gameplay it all felt good and looked unbelievable. I still dont think it's going to ship looking that good.. i'm looking forward to being let down for some... weird... reason.

3. Street Fighter V: This was my game of show... probably because it was the most accessible on the floor. Graphically it's top notch but the game is more fun and feels more aggressive than SF4. Nash felt good to play with, Ryu as well... Birdie is stupid OP... felt like fighting a boss character with his damage output. I didnt get a chance to try the others but seeing oother folks play with them... it all moved really well.

Middle of the road picks

1. Ratchet & Clank: The game looked great and ran smooth... but the camera got in the way when trying to jump from platform to platform leading to a couple of unnecessary deaths.

2. Star Fox Zero: The game looks better in person than it does in the online videos... but honestly it gives off a "been there, done that feel" as far as gameplay. Gave up the controller a couple of minutes in because i felt like i've done this already in 1997. Still think it's going to be a great release for fans... it just didn't move me like i thought it would.

3. Cuphead: This game is my 1B for best looking game of the show next to Uncharted... the game definitely has an arcade vibe to it with cupheads super being a super beam similar to Ryu from Marvel vs. Capcom... it was all cool looking but then i realized that the game is a series of boss fights and i'm not sure what replay value is there. Might get shallow quick for some.

Disappointments

- Nothing really... everything looked good but there's not enough of the game to be played to truly feel like it's going to come out and be a dud...on Second thought...

Capcom / Konami's Booth - It was like they really didint need to be there... Street Fighter V was prominent in Sony's booth and outside of Resident Evil Zero there was nothing there. The only redeeming quality of Capcom's booth was Ono showing up and the excellent hiring of the Cammy impersonator... she was spot on. As for Konami... well... it was a Metal Gear Solid booth... the japanese big publishers weren't as prominent and that was disappointing. I hope next year is more promising.

Sleeper of the show

Until Dawn - This is a gorgeous game that no one seems to be talking about. It plays like being in a B horror movie but visually it's up there with some of playstations best. There may be something i'm missing here but what i played made me want more.

Top Bottom