• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football League (No Quitters 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

So that late round Darren Sproles pickup seems to have worked out nicely for me.
May well be the steal of the entire draft. Moreno and Ingram were in contention before they went down to crippling injuries.

I've just updated my trade block. Maclin, Chris Johnson and the aforementioned injured Ingram are all up for grabs.

UberTag

The Commish got himself banned again thanks to playing devil's advocate in the Ray Rice thread. Boo-urns.

FANTASY MATCHUP OF THE WEEK

Azwethinkweiz' Hookers and Blow (2-0) vs. MBison's Psycho Crushers (2-0)

One of the most seasoned veterans in No Quitters history, Azwethinkweiz is hoping to finally climb to the top of the mountain after narrowly losing the very first league championship game back in 2009 by a mere 2.34 points.

Thanks to surprise passing game utilization by #1 fantasy running back Darren Sproles and surprise return game utilization by C.J. Spiller, Hookers and Blow have vaulted themselves into unquestioned top dog status after the first two weeks of the season. Boasting RB depth with Ellington, the lethal Seahawks tandem of Wilson and Harvin (who gets return yardage himself), the incomparably talented Julio Jones and hitting on upstart talents in Brandin Cooks and Markus Wheaton, this team is currently projected by Yahoo! to make No Quitters history and become the first unbeaten 13-0 team.

Standing in the way of history over the next two weeks are last season's runner-up (Psycho Crushers) and 2-time champion (Dinner Out) - who is incidentally the team that bested Hookers and Blow for the '09 title.

UberTag

Why did the Commish pick up Hester and then not start him tonight? It's not like Roddy was active.

iVOtG5SKBu776.gif

minx

what a game for Roddy White to miss. Injuries always fuck me in this league, dammit Moreno
And once again it seems like we have owners in this league who never check trade offers.

Pepiope

what a game for Roddy White to miss. Injuries always fuck me in this league, dammit Moreno
And once again it seems like we have owners in this league who never check trade offers.
Feel free to send me (Foles Gold) some offers.

Edit: Come on ATL! It's only the 3rd Q, don't bench Ryan!

Pepiope

I benched Jordan Matthews in favor of Watkins because he had a great game last week, and now Matthews responds with 2 TDs in one half....Fuckity fuck fuck.

UberTag

I benched Jordan Matthews in favor of Watkins because he had a great game last week, and now Matthews responds with 2 TDs in one half....Fuckity fuck fuck.
Perfect fantasy whack-a-mole players.
They'll always go off on your bench and never when they're in your active lineup.
Effectively making them useless... especially the ones that go off in bad matchups and not good ones.
Matthews has been trash the past two weeks. You made the right call.

Pepiope

Perfect fantasy whack-a-mole players.
They'll always go off on your bench and never when they're in your active lineup.
Effectively making them useless... especially the ones that go off in bad matchups and not good ones.
Matthews has been trash the past two weeks. You made the right call.
Yeah at least I'm still projected to win, and it helps that Charles is inactive so Davis gets the start.

minx

My shitty ass team actually has a chance to win. Another key player out for me, likely done for the year. Yay fantasy football.

UberTag

Three games are poised to go right down to the wire in the Monday nighter with projections less than 1 point apart...

Hookers And Blow 100.47
Psycho Crushers 83.10 (w/ Jay Cutler)

TD's N' Beer 70.55 (w/ Robbie Gould)
Gisele's Bundchens 64.06 (w/ Alshon Jeffery)

Long Island Broskis 94.30 (w/ Chris Ivory)
PK Boosters 71.37 (w/ Brandon Marshall, Martellus Bennett and Jeremy Kerley)

Rare is it that a Monday night game will hold such importance in shaping the outcomes of so many fantasy matchups.

Will the Commish finally win?
Will Azwethinkweiz maintain his bid for Hookers and Blow perfection or have it spoiled by MBison's Crushers?
Will the Broskis start the right NY Jet running back?

Tune in tomorrow night for all of the answers.

In my other league as my three WRs I have:

Demaryius Thomas
Kennan Allen
Marcus Colston

All of them have been under performing so far. Time to panic or should I wait it out?

MBison

I wouldn't worry about DT. Allen I wasn't high on anyhow but he should be an okay WR3 type.

Marcus Colston though. Definitely worry about him cause he has no NFL catches :)

I wouldn't worry about DT. Allen I wasn't high on anyhow but he should be an okay WR3 type.

Marcus Colston though. Definitely worry about him cause he has no NFL catches :)

LOL Marques Colston, whoops. I have Golden Tate too so I have some depth but after the first three weeks really disappointed in my WR corps.

UberTag

LOL Marques Colston, whoops. I have Golden Tate too so I have some depth but after the first three weeks really disappointed in my WR corps.
Definitely panic on Colston. Cooks is even outsnapping him.
Entertain selling Allen this week on the promise of a big game versus the Jags because he'll be absolutely worthless if he does nothing against that feeble defense.
Definitely hold out on Thomas. He'll win you some matchups down the road. Just expect more games like this week's where Peyton dials in on a different receiver.

UberTag

If Marshall is out the rest of the game is doesn't bode well for me.
I'm not so sure about that. Cutler has a man-crush on Marshall but Jeffery's just another guy on the field to him.
He has plenty of receiving options available so don't just assume he'll be peppering Jeffery relentlessly just because Marshall's out.

EDIT: That Jeremy Kerley explosion on that last drive did me no favors.

minx

I'm not so sure about that. Cutler has a man-crush on Marshall but Jeffery's just another guy on the field to him.
He has plenty of receiving options available so don't just assume he'll be peppering Jeffery relentlessly just because Marshall's out.

EDIT: That Jeremy Kerley explosion on that last drive did me no favors.

I'm a Bears fan and you are wrong.

UberTag

<shakes his Magic 8-Ball>

"Is the Commish still banned from GAF this week?"

8-ball-certain.jpg

FANTASY MATCHUP OF THE WEEK

Azwethinkweiz' Hookers and Blow (3-0) vs. Ife's Dinner Out (1-2)

After barely escaping defeat in Week 3 by 0.97 points thanks to some last minute heroics from the Jets defense stalling out Cutler's only 4th quarter drive, Azwethinkweiz continues his bid for No Quitters perfection by facing a 1-2 opponent whose first loss of the season was in a Week 1 game whose decision was even closer (at 0.73 points) and who lost last week despite putting up the 3rd highest point total in the league.

Two-time league champion Dinner Out could easily be 3-0 right now... and given most anyone else's schedule, he would be. Instead, he stares down a 1-3 record unless he can find a way to overturn the Hookers and Blow apple cart. This may well be the week to do it as Azwethinkweiz won't have the services of either his starting QB (Russell Wilson) or his gadget play wizard (Percy Harvin) thanks to the early bye week for the Seahawks. They've been entrenched in his starting lineup all season and contributed heavily in each of his three wins.

UberTag

Does Sangreal ever respond to trade offers? :p
I'm guessing no seeing how you're posting about it here.
Shame too... considering that he has Foster and you've got Blue.
You'd think he'd be interested. It's not like he's got any other RBs on hand to play this week if Foster's not active.
Dumping Anderson would free up a roster spot for him so easily too.
It's about as textbook as an ideal trade scenario can be.

MBison

I'm guessing no seeing how you're posting about it here.
Shame too... considering that he has Foster and you've got Blue.
You'd think he'd be interested. It's not like he's got any other RBs on hand to play this week if Foster's not active.
Dumping Anderson would free up a roster spot for him so easily too.
It's about as textbook as an ideal trade scenario can be.

Yeah I was trying to deal him Blue for not much.

sangreal

Yes, I reply to trade offers, I just take my time in evaluating them. In this case I was waiting to hear more on Foster's status. I also keep up on this thread. I am not at all an absentee owner -- call me out when I start a bye week player or something

e: and of course, after trading for Blue, Foster is starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom