• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football Paypal League (Season 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinker

What is the advantage of divisions? Doesn't it just leave the chance that a team with a worse record could get into the playoffs over a team with a better record? (eg: seahawks)

It's basically just a segmenting mechanism. Sure, a team with a worse record could make the playoffs, if you set it up like that. Some leagues prefer to only have division play (the schedule can also be customized, remember) and others just like to use it as a way to reward multiple leaders rather than just a single regular-season-champ prize. You do have the option with Yahoo FF to set playoff seeding to ignore divisions, if you wish.

EDIT: That being said I'm not sure we have some sort of important reason for divisions. Pay out the regular season champ, and then playoffs 1-2-3

The main reason why draft pick trades wouldn't make much sense here is that draft order is set 30 minutes beforehand. If this was a long-term keeper league where the order was pre-determined (i.e. reverse the prior year's standings) it would be a doable idea but not with this format.
Actually that's the point. I've done this the past two years in this league, since beforehand no one knows the order you're trading it blind. THAT'S THE WHOLE FUN!

I could actually be trading the #1 pick or the #16 pick. You know know but I don't wither. It's all up to chance! Read the previous FF threads of Cloudy
Sumidor said:
We don't need divisions, it's a waste.
If we have 16 guys I see the appeal... since we would re-seed regardless for playoffs it wouldn't matter then.
Playoff Seeding Options can be set from the Edit League Settings page. When using divisions you can choose to award division winners the top seeds, advance division winners but seed teams according to overall standings, or seed all teams regardless of divisions based on overall standings

Cloudy

Banned
I'm only running one league and I didn't see anyone else volunteer to do a second one. If no one is vocally opposed to $50, we'll just do that, k? This has taken way too long...

So whats the deal on this? My league is falling apart this year and Id love to get in on a GAF league. Would prefer a $20-$25 dollar league, but if its a $50, Ill do that as well. (Definitely not the $100 lol).

Cloudy

Banned
Ok, enough is enough. We'll be going with $50. I apologize to the $100 folks but maybe others will be more comfortable with $100 next year. 17 people voted and $50 won 9-8 anyways

We have to move on...

I will start accepting the buy-in from the following 16

- Team Seph*
- Virtual Physics
- Rooks *
- GaleSayers Explosion
- Hookers And Blow
- Sinistar*
- Long Island Broskis*
- PrimeTime
- FirstPlaceLoser*
- Good As Gould
- Bail Kings (NeoGAF)
- Ember Island Players
- Dinner Out
- The Big Blue Crew 3
- Romo Wittenhispants
- Peyton's Creaky Neck

Anyone who hasn't paid a week before 9/4 will be bounced and the 4 wait-listers will get a chance. PM me for my paypal info.

ps: You need to do an instant transfer or have the money in your account cos I'm not covering Paypal fees this year :p Also, please indicate your team name in the memo!

rinker

Any of you guys have room for me in one of your pay leagues that does an auction draft? I really want to try an auction, seems like it would be a lot of fun.

UberTag

rinker said:
Any of you guys have room for me in one of your pay leagues that does an auction draft? I really want to try an auction, seems like it would be a lot of fun.
A free auction league was set up in the GAF NFL thread last season. Was my first time tackling an auction format and was a lot of fun.

minx

Hey I'm interested in the fantasy football league. I'm down with $100 buy in.

Edit: anyone want to start up a 2nd gaf league? I think we would have enough players.

rinker

No one seemed to want to step up to be commish of the 2nd league, though I would probably join if someone does! (Especially if its auction! :D)

minx

rinker said:
No one seemed to want to step up to be commish of the 2nd league, though I would probably join if someone does! (Especially if its auction! :D)

Same. Snake draft is for suckers. Someone set up a 2nd league with auction!

Cloudy

Banned
Only 7 of 16 have paid. How about we up the pace here, people? Let's not keep the waiting list folks waiting forever

UberTag

Cloudy said:
Only 7 of 16 have paid. How about we up the pace here, people? Let's not keep the waiting list folks waiting forever
Just under three weeks until the draft. When do you start breaking thumbs (or letting the Waiting List folk sign up)?

Cloudy said:
I never saw the dues list updated... yeah, it still isn't so I thought you weren't accepting yet for some reason. Gimme about a week, you know I'm good for it!

Cloudy

Banned
UberTag said:
Just under three weeks until the draft. When do you start breaking thumbs (or letting the Waiting List folk sign up)?

A week and half before Sep 4.

*Updating League Dues section now*

Cloudy

Banned
Btw, Seph is out so one of the waitlisters is definitely in. I'll have to review my pms to see who it is. Also, there is now an empty wait list spot. Pm me for league details

UberTag

Cloudy said:
I am gonna start kicking non-payers on the 27th. Just a friendly reminder :p
Have you updated the Dues tally board lately? Or are we still waiting on 9 people?
Also, why is TD's N' Beer showing up as not having to pay anything? I'm assuming that's a glitch, right?

Puddles

Banned
$10 NeoGAF League is now accepting players!

League Name: NeoGAF Economy League
League ID: 666696
Password: gabornnews

11 spots still open!

The draft is set for next Monday, August 29th at 6pm PDT. We can change that if people have issues.

I modified some of the scoring settings, so check those. Nothing too fancy, just a few personal preferences (which are open to change if enough people want to change anything).

minx

Puddles said:
$10 NeoGAF League is now accepting players!

11 spots still open!

The draft is set for next Monday, August 29th at 6pm PDT. We can change that if people have issues.

I modified some of the scoring settings, so check those. Nothing too fancy, just a few personal preferences (which are open to change if enough people want to change anything).

I am interested but I have work that night. If it's done the 30th I'm in.

UberTag

I want to sign up for the $10 league except I'm in 5 leagues already.
Two of those (including one of last year's GAF leagues) are likely to fizzle out before their drafts so I'd still have room for one other.

Problem with setting up a pay league (even for a paltry $10) with a draft set less than a week in advance is that you can easily envision a scenario where not everyone has paid up prior to the draft and then someone welches on their dues if they don't land a team they like.

Puddles

Banned
minx88 said:
I am interested but I have work that night. If it's done the 30th I'm in.

I might push it even later. Would the Thursday, Friday or Saturday be good for you guys?

UberTag said:
I want to sign up for the $10 league except I'm in 5 leagues already.
Two of those (including one of last year's GAF leagues) are likely to fizzle out before their drafts so I'd still have room for one other.

Problem with setting up a pay league (even for a paltry $10) with a draft set less than a week in advance is that you can easily envision a scenario where not everyone has paid up prior to the draft and then someone welches on their dues if they don't land a team they like.

Yeah, I'll push it back at least a few days.

Puddles

Banned
4 signups in the $10 league so far.

We still need 6 guys, but we'll take as many as 8 more.

Draft time is tentatively changed to September 1st at 8pm PDT. If you want to join this league, but can't draft at that time, post the days and times that work for you, and I'll work something out for everyone.

lol, I was freaking out about the draft time. I guess I'm still pretty concerned but 9:30 eastern is a lot easier to handle than 3:30 eastern. praying for 3G by then...:/

Puddles said:

Draft time is tentatively changed to September 1st at 8pm PDT. If you want to join this league, but can't draft at that time, post the days and times that work for you, and I'll work something out for everyone.

What is the format and scoring options?

here's my issue: I'm interested in this a bit but I'm in Cloudy's and as I stated I'm kinda new to the real FF format. I drained myself last year for every piece of info... I have no idea if I can do two pay leagues simultaneously.

Machine

Puddles said:

I'm in. 9 teams total at present.

Puddles

Banned
Okay, the NeoGAF Economy League ($10 league) needs one more player (we're at nine). I capped it at 12 though, so there are actually three spots available. 10 or 12 is fine with me. On Sunday evening, I'll send out paypal requests to everyone.

If anyone still wants to play a cheap money league with other GAF members, join up!

Draft is tentatively set to Thursday, September 1st at 8pm Pacific time.

Puddles said:
Okay, the NeoGAF Economy League ($10 league) needs one more player (we're at nine). I capped it at 12 though, so there are actually three spots available. 10 or 12 is fine with me. On Sunday evening, I'll send out paypal requests to everyone.

If anyone still wants to play a cheap money league with other GAF members, join up!

yay $10. just joined up

NJ Shlice

Puddles said:

I joined (NJ Muscle) but can't make the draft on Sept 1 or 7th. I can literally make any other day and time.

If I'm the exception then I understand. No hard feelings.

Puddles

Banned
Okay, I got a request to change the date from that Thursday. Would anyone have a problem with the Friday, Saturday or Sunday?

I'll send messages to the league members as well.

Edit: okay, we're at 11 players now, so we need one more for the last spot! An odd number won't work, so join us!

Cloudy, just noticed Sun, Sep 4 6:30 PM PDT (3:30 EST) is the listed draft time. Kinda early, don't you think? Don't you usually schedule it later at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom