• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf Games Night Thread: We actually play games

Kuxp0vA.png

IbvMtBA.png

ro510jb.png

Welcome to NeoGAF games night, where we actually play games. On most weekends and some weekdays we schedule a time when all gaffers can play games together. This is a casual environment where anyone is free to join regardless of skill level. We play a variety of different games from big AAA titles to small indie games from a variety of different genres.

When a game is scheduled it will be posted in this thread with a link to it in the OP. Some games will have a limited number of player slots available depending on the game. To register for these games, post a reply in this thread quoting the post in which the game is scheduled or PM the organizer of the game. Games are usually scheduled in the afternoon/evening in North America.

tP953aG.png

Q: What games do you play?
A: We play a variety of games. Last month we played Counter Strike Global Offensive, DOTA2, Team Fortress 2, Sonic Allstars Racing, Left 4 Dead 2, SpeedRunners and many more.

Q: When do you usually play games?
A: We usually start playing 3:30-5:30PM(PDT) on Friday-Sunday.

Q: Is there some type of Steam group I can join?
A: Yes! NeoGAF Games Night As part of this group Steam will send you a notification when a game that has been scheduled is starting.

Q: Do you have a NeoGAF server for game xxx?
A: We have a server for Counter Strike Global Offensive.
IP: 64.237.38.122:27315
PW: Quote to see Server Password.

Q: Is this a PC only thing?
A: No. However I will only be hosting PC games. Console players are welcome to organize their own game nights.

Q: I want to schedule a game and have it featured in the OP, how do I do that?
A: PM me with a link to your post. Be sure to include the game you want to play, the time you want to play and a countdown to that time.

MmsVRNV.png

Videos:
CS:GO - July 2014 Was a Fun Month With SteamGAF

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1406935800z4.png

Quote to see Server Password.

Information said:
What is this?:
NeoGAF Games Night is a designated time where gaffers can play games together. This is a casual enviornment, players from all skill levels are welcome! Join the NeoGAF Games Night group to receive a notification through steam when an event has been scheduled and when it starts. PM anyone in the group for an invite.

How to join us:
In the main menu click play, click browse community servers and finally click add a server. Be sure to favorite it!

The server IP is: 50.97.235.66:27115

Alternatively, Click me.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
No twitch live stream???

We are in 2014 guys, this is a must for such events.

aScaris

Great idea for a thread! Sadly the starting time is a little late here in my time zone, but maybe there will be some fitting events in the future :) Hope this thread will be around for a long time! :D

Kade

Damn, I got beaten to it! Was working on an OT for the exact same thing but it's fine because I only wanted something like this to exist at all, whether I made it or not so thanks OP!

Maybe every once in a while we can play a less populated/dead game like The Ship or a free Source mod.

Ozium

Games I would like to play with GAF..

Epigenesis
100% Orange Juice
Killing Floor
Awesomenauts
Cult of the Wind
Fistful of Frags (f2p)
The Ship

Mokoi

Banned
Nice OT Phoneix. Going to see Guardians, so can't join in this time.

Edit: May also set up a Skullgirls lobby tomorrow, but those pings may be shit.

Kater

Banned
Bookmarked and can't wait to see this thread evolve and creating a big community. I will participate if I am able to, but I only have a Wii U, an old laptop and a 3DS at the moment at my disposal so my choices are pretty limited of what to play in online multiplayer, heh. I'll get a new PC later this year though so I could join you by then.

Shadownet

Banned
"You can't hold onto you're butts, you're already dead" Sajajaja predicting the future a few seconds in advance XD

Lol I think Sajjaja responded to me. "Hold on to your butts gentlemen!" XD

Ozium and Shadownet taking one for the team :p

Gotta do whats necessary to insure the win :p
----------------------------------------------------------

If we can get 10 people or more that want to play CSGO, we can split up into 2 comp teams. or maybe even 3 comp teams.

Top Bottom