• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheating on the PC has gotten completely out of control

Krathoon

I think I ran into a bot in Destiny 1 as well. Some guy on a speeder was honking at me, but he was acting erratically.

Community servers suck ass because the admins can’t loose. You shoot him 5 times and you get banned.
I've never had a problem with that so far on this game. I don't think that's how BoB servers operate or they wouldn't have about 10 full ones at all times.

MikeM

Its why I largely have abandoned competitive online games. No fun when people have unfair advantages.

Love crossplay so I can play with friends that aren't on Playstation. Have crossplay because things like Fortnite force it (there's an option to turn it off, but it won't let you join a game unless you turn it on, which makes me question why it's even an option). There are some cheaters on consoles but it's much worse on PC because it's much easier to set up.

I always tell people that if you want to deal with cheating chud's, play on or with PC people.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The way I see it there are:
1) Obvious cheaters - super powered, crazy accuracy etc. These are fun to play against for a couple of rounds, makes a meta game of hunting or avoiding the cheater. After that it's time to bail.
2) Impossible to tell cheaters - could be skill, could be cheats. Don't really care about these guys as it's the same as if you were just playing a better player.
3) Subtle but detectable cheaters - don't think I have ever encountered this except where it wasn't doing them much good
4) Ultra competitive cheaters - top players using cheats to eke out that extra 5%. I'm just not at this level to care.
I'm talking shooters as that is all I have ever played multiplayer, I'm guessing the grief you can inflict in other games is worse.

StueyDuck

I just don't think I'll ever wrap my head around why to cheat?

Like apart from the trollollol so random flying boat which instabans my account. What do you get from it.

Especially those people that try really hard to minimize and hide their cheats, it's like... how sad 🤣. Going through all that shit just so you can win a call of duty match.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I think I ran into a bot in Destiny 1 as well. Some guy on a speeder was honking at me, but he was acting erratically.
The big one for D1 was lag switching... trials of Osiris was an awful experience when it released. Dude was in front of you, boops his lag switch and teleports next to you and kills you instantly

StueyDuck

Than explain how I play BF4, some CoDs, R6S, Fortnite, PUBG, Overwatch, WoW...

And how gazillions play CS, Valorant, Dota, LoL...
Honestly... depends on your region and when you play.

Some cultures cheat more than others, I'm not gonna say who but when you know, you know.

Also There's a smaller pool of gamers in general here in Africa/ South Africa, so much so that when playing CS GO back in the day I almost started recognizing all the names in lobbies.

If someone Cheated then they'd be known to everyone.

It's different if you are in the US and you've got such a large pool of gamers to play with

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I just don't think I'll ever wrap my head around why to cheat?

Like apart from the trollollol so random flying boat which instabans my account. What do you get from it.

Especially those people that try really hard to minimize and hide their cheats, it's like... how sad 🤣. Going through all that shit just so you can win a call of duty match.
I remember playing Bad Company 2 and a guy was using some kind of cheat that let him know when he had been spotted. He was sniping and was practically the worst player on his team.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
This is the only downside, to me, when it comes to PC.
That and strangers seem way more toxic and idiotic than even during my own personal HeyDay.

Tried to get a game going of L4D and I am met with idiot after idiot... I remember it wasn't THAT long ago, where I could have a cup of coffee on a Saturday and enjoy several hours with consistently good matchups, even sustaining good groups for many games at a time. Now... I find myself having to ask "friends" or even planning shit ahead of time, IF... I want to play MP games. Heck, I wouldn't mind carrying everyone, but, when people act like fucking shit on a stick, I just want to avoid them and the entire game.

I won't generalize and say every game is like this, but I was disappointed and even uninstalled, because I sure as hell don't enjoy playing alone, unless I am carrying. :messenger_winking:

GametimeUK

Is BF4 actually close to being cheater free? How populated is it these day? I'm interested in trying it again to be honest.

I tried BF5 a while back and there was just a dude clearly cheating mowing everybody down and it put me off trying online for a while on PC as I never had this problem on PS5.

Rainbow 6 is fucked, though. No idea how you can say you play that with hardly any cheaters. It's full of them.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Is BF4 actually close to being cheater free? How populated is it these day? I'm interested in trying it again to be honest.

I tried BF5 a while back and there was just a dude clearly cheating mowing everybody down and it put me off trying online for a while on PC as I never had this problem on PS5.

Rainbow 6 is fucked, though. No idea how you can say you play that with hardly any cheaters. It's full of them.
In BF4 I can't say I saw a cheater recently. R6S, at least here in my region, the same. 🤷‍♂️

AngelMuffin

This is the way.

ciBRiCM.jpg

Top Bottom