• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf Games Night Thread: We actually play games

Uzzy

Would people be interested in playing some strategy games one night? Starcraft 2, Wargame, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes or Total War? Or maybe something a bit more involved, like some Europa Universalis 4?

Would people be interested in playing some strategy games one night? Starcraft 2, Wargame, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes or Total War? Or maybe something a bit more involved, like some Europa Universalis 4?

The more fast paced ones wouldn't be that much attractive to me, but something like Civ I would like. My APM sucks.

Bracket

I actually checked the discussions page of the Steam group, and responded to the one about new game ideas. I'll echo here what I posted there:

Bracket said:
Killing Floor, Age of Empires II HD, and Jedi Academy (especially) would be awesome! I could go for some DEFCON, too. Let me know if you need any help making this happen.

I could do CoH also. I have both expansions.

I'd be down for Total War (Shogun II), CoH (have both expansions), or the original Dawn of War. That's about my limit with RTS's.

Shadownet

Banned
capsule_467x181.jpg

t1407288600z1.png

-I'm setting up casual games in GAF server, for those that want to play competitive and wanted to warm up a bit. We can play in the GAF server for 1 or 2 matches. Then afterward we can switch to comp.
-Those of you who just want to play causal can continue playing in the GAF server. You do not need to join comp in order to play casual. Since not everyone enjoy comp. :)
-You only need to sign up for a spot in comp. But beware the max amount of players in GAF server casual is 16 people.

A: We have a server for Counter Strike Global Offensive.
IP: 50.97.235.66:27115
PW: Quote to see Server Password.
Alternative Click Here
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CSGO - COMP TEAMS: Sign up list (Comp will start after everyone done warming up in casual) Let me know on HERE if you want to do comp.

Team 1
1.Shadownet
2.fishy
3.Maneil (leader)
4.InvisibleStride
5.danielcw

Team 2

Team 3 (maybe, if have more than 10 people)

*RESERVED*
1.Special Agent Kano!

maneil99

capsule_467x181.jpg

t1407288600z1.png

I was thinking we can do a match or two of casual on the private server as a warm up, after that those of us that want to go play competitive can split up into teams.

No need to sign up for GAF server obviously :) just join. You only need to sign up for comp games!

Alternative Click Here

I'll lead a team

danielcw

capsule_467x181.jpg

t1407288600z1.png

-I'm setting up casual games in GAF server, for those that want to play competitive and wanted to warm up a bit. We can play in the GAF server for 1 or 2 matches. Then afterward we can switch to comp.
-Those of you who just want to play causal can continue playing in the GAF server. You do not need to join comp in order to play casual. Since not everyone enjoy comp. :)

I would like to join for one or more competetive matches

Strider

Ugh I'm not gonna be able to play tonight I don't think. My internet is crapping out on me. Trying to get hold of someone from customer support but no luck there either.

My ISP is failing on all fronts right now.

Edit: Woah. literally 1 minute after I typed that I got through to customer service and my internet was back up running fine. Guess a data center was down or somethiong on their end? I have no idea how that stuff works. Either way hoping online now! Hopefully it doesnt go down again.

Shadownet

Banned
Counter Strike Global Offensive - Game Night [08/07 Thursday]

capsule_467x181.jpg

t1407459600z1.png

-You only need to sign up for a spot in comp. But beware the max amount of players in GAF server casual is 16 people.

Alternative Click Here
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CSGO - COMP TEAMS: Sign up list (Comp will start after everyone done warming up in casual) Let me know on HERE if you want to do comp.

Team 1
1. Shadownet
2. Junko

Team 2

Team 3 (maybe, if have more than 10 people)

*RESERVED*

Uzzy

Ultra Street Fighter Endless Battle

t1407528000z0.png

-I'll be hosting an Endless Battle lobby tonight, mostly aimed at EuroGAF members, but everyone is welcome
-I'm pretty rubbish too, so all skill levels are welcome
-To join, add me and I'll send you an invite to the lobby tonight.

No one showed up, guess I'll try again some other time.

2muiRQl.jpg

When we are playing:
t1407627000z4.png

Quote to see Server Password.

Information said:
How to join us:
In the main menu click play, click browse community servers and finally click add a server. Be sure to favorite it!

The server IP is: 50.97.235.66:27115

Alternatively, Click me.

Any map suggestions for this weekend?
Try to stick with maps already in the CSGO folder. (steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/csgo/maps)

Can you turn on competitive rules on the GAF server? It might make it work better as a warm up for real comp matches.

And stop you fuckers from buying autos every round :p

Hey, add me to the Steam Group: SteamID: MemphisCreep.

I don't know if I will be play any games ever, but it would be fun sometimes.

BGMNTS

Ultra Street Fighter Endless Battle

t1407528000z0.png

-I'll be hosting an Endless Battle lobby tonight, mostly aimed at EuroGAF members, but everyone is welcome
-I'm pretty rubbish too, so all skill levels are welcome
-To join, add me and I'll send you an invite to the lobby tonight.

No one showed up, guess I'll try again some other time.

If it was Arcade Edition i'd have been up for that shit.

So I'm planning on hosting a Tabletop Simulator game night sometime this coming week, probably Thursday night as Friday and Saturday are no good for me this particular week. But I'm looking for suggestions on specifically what tabletop games people might be interested in playing? Cards/gin/texas hold em? Some kind of board game like monopoly, risk, Settlers of Catan? Cards against Humanity? Light D&D night? Or something else altogether? Personally I'm leaning towards trying out Bang! as I've heard a lot of good things about it from other friends IRL, but sound off if anyone feels strongly about anything else.

Popped into the server but I noticed it was set to competitive so I left. Don't want to put anyone through the pain of playing comp with me given my ping.

Shadownet

Banned
Counter Strike Global Offensive: Competitive
capsule_467x181.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

If you wanna play comp tonight, sign up for a team. Start time can be whenever a team get enough people or whenever the leader decide to launch it. Quote if you want a spot.

Team 1
t1407635100z1.png

1.Shadownet (temp leader)
2.Mayhem
3.Cheddahz
4.StrangeTaco

Team 2
TBD

Counter Strike Global Offensive: Competitive
capsule_467x181.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

If you wanna play comp tonight, sign up for a team. Start time can be whenever a team get enough people or whenever the leader decide to launch it. Quote if you want a spot.

I'm up for some competitive, throw me on team 1 i suppose.

Top Bottom