• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Happy New Year!

CiSTM

Banned
eXistor said:
I also got a 12cm large Luigi, but forgot to put it in the picture.
http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af99/eXistor_2009/DSC00771.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Oh man, where did you get those ? Great pick-up.

Yes Boss!

Last summer, when I was living in Texas, I donated my Heart Gold to a little kid who was totally enthralled with it. Finally bought another copy for $20 at Best Buy to replace it. Just in time for the upcoming Black and White!

a56f42d9.jpg

Yes Boss!

red shoe paul said:
I have Soul Silver so I should get Gold to complete it. $20 is a damn good steal.

Yeah,

For some reason Soul Silver was still $40. I actually needed to replace Heart Gold since that is the one I had before so it worked for me!

So weird the way one of the colors of Pokemon always sells more than the other. Strange!

Wasn't able to make it into the Dec. thread so here's some Xmas and pre/post Xmas pick-ups.

5313480694_3f21dd1deb_b.jpg

5312897757_02343ddca2_b.jpg

The Bandai store found some of these and put 'em up for sale. They weren't sealed but still "new". And for $30 it beats trying to track one down on eBay for a decent price.

5313491648_c7119b9dc0_b.jpg

Now I just need a stand/base for it...

Yes Boss!

OMG,

That Apocalypse Now box is so sexy. Almost bought it yesterday but decided to order it from Amazon sometime next year. Totally awesome that it is now in 2.35. Love Storaro with my life but his insistence at 2.0:1 for the last decade has been SO misguided.

purg3

slept with Malkin
ErnieMcCracken said:
5312897757_02343ddca2_b.jpg

The Bandai store found some of these and put 'em up for sale. They weren't sealed but still "new". And for $30 it beats trying to track one down on eBay for a decent price.

damn, I just checked the ebay prices. I have the same version, didn't realize it was that limited or worth that much money.

Stairs

Banned
This is my first time posting in this thread, so please be gentle with me.

This is my belatedly posted Christmas haul:

b4b451b5.jpg

The best of the bunch are the handcrafted Calvin and Hobbes felt decals. My girlfriend made them for me--so awesome.

2b88a7c2.jpg

I picked up the complete Calvin and Hobbes collection shortly thereafter:

fa536895.jpg

Yes Boss! said:
OMG,

That Apocalypse Now box is so sexy. Almost bought it yesterday but decided to order it from Amazon sometime next year. Totally awesome that it is now in 2.35. Love Storaro with my life but his insistence at 2.0:1 for the last decade has been SO misguided.
Got it from B&N for $27. Wasn't going to pass it up at that price. Wonderful set.

purg3 said:
damn, I just checked the ebay prices. I have the same version, didn't realize it was that limited or worth that much money.
And that's why I jumped on it at that price! It sold out quickly once word got around.

Also got these in. I had completely written them off and didn't think they would ship both of them. Gives me hope for getting LBP2 when it comes out since I won that also.
5313563280_2e2e9418e9_z.jpg

Yes Boss!

ErnieMcCracken said:
Got it from B&N for $27. Wasn't going to pass it up at that price. Wonderful set.

Was that in-store? If so, I still have time to go before flying out tomorrow. Best Buy wanted $55 :-(

Yes Boss! said:
Was that in-store? If so, I still have time to go before flying out tomorrow. Best Buy wanted $55 :-(
Online. The price had been lowered and also used a coupon code to get it even lower. I'm always checking the blu-ray.com forums for deals.:D

Yes Boss!

Pein said:
Its Akira in 1080p, its magnificent. Also It has the japanese voice track in some crazy good quality.

Seconded!

Exquisite set. Outside of a clean 35 projection, hard to beat! What a milestone.

ErnieMcCracken said:
Online. The price had been lowered and also used a coupon code to get it even lower. I'm always checking the blu-ray.com forums for deals.:D

Bummer. $45 at Amazon is decent enough!

Love blu-ray.com! The best source for news on Indian blu-rays.

seady

ErnieMcCracken said:
Also got these in. I had completely written them off and didn't think they would ship both of them. Gives me hope for getting LBP2 when it comes out since I won that also.
5313563280_2e2e9418e9_z.jpg

Are these very easy to win or you are just blessed with luck?

Gouken said:
oops, too late Tabris, i just uploaded my last batch of underwater snorkeling shots...

42240015.jpg

42240003.jpg

42240001.jpg

42240025.jpg

42240022.jpg

42240021.jpg

42240013.jpg

42240009.jpg

42240008.jpg

42240007.jpg

42240005.jpg

wish i had an underwater digi cam, all of those were taken last minute with a disposable underwater Kodak cam...i happy with the results nonetheless less :D

Amazing photos Gouken. What a beautiful trip.

Infinity said:
Holy shit, you did really well on that router! I have one and love it to death.

High-five to you.

Yeah, I was originally thinking of flipping it but now I'm leaning towards keeping it cuz I need some faster internetz!

168101_478503916645_685251645_6429859_3368223_n.jpg

Bought a Logitech HD Webcam C310 at Best Buy. It was on sale for $29.99, and then I also had $10 reward zone certificate. My friends and bro kept telling me to get a new webcam so I did it. I love the quality it's wonderful!

mehdi_san

Long post incoming.

Let's start with my favorite pickup of 2010, I got this in December but I haven't posted the pics yet so here it is: an (almost) complete 64DD set, something that I dreamed of when I was younger.
Here's the 64dd box and the games:
The 4 Mario Artist games, with all accessories (microphone, a/v capture kit, mouse), Doshin the Giant 1, Sim City 64, F-zero X with the 64DD expansion pack (first DLC in history of gaming??)
sbpz4y.jpg

Inside the box, all the instruction manuals are still here, also all the accessories (modem cartridge, modem cable, Randnet disk with browser and such, n64 ram expansion pack).
t65awm.jpg

It wasn't cheap nor easy, but I got lucky. I got the 64dd unit only and games for a good price, and then I found someone selling a "junk" 64dd (the guy couldn't confirm if it was working or not because he didn't have a N64) but it had the box and all manuals and accessories. I jumped on it, and actually found out that the supposedly junk 64dd was actually working. So I'm just gonna keep the box, manuals and accessories, and sell back the unit only. In the end, the "complete" set didn't cost that much, compared to what you have to pay at auctions for it. Now, for my collection to be complete I "just" need to hunt down the last 2 64dd that I'm missing: Japan Pro Golf 64 and Doshin the Giant 2 (but they're the rarest and most expensive of all games :(((...)

Next, I got this in late December, and it only cost me 100 yen ($1??): PSP3000 Hunter Edition. I got this at one of these UFO catcher coin games, and I think it was the first time in my life I ever win something at this kind of games. The design is awesome, the battery last longer than my other PSP, the analog nub is just perfect (PSP2??) and thanks to the bumps on the back it holds well in hand.
2ptbjg6.jpg

With it's MGS Peace Walker edition sister:
149mgzc.jpg

Finally, my first pickup for 2011. Today was the equivalent of Black Friday here in Japan, with huge sales everywhere. They also have a tradition of selling "fukubukuro", which you could call "lucky bags". Almost every store in Japan would do this, they would prepare bags with a certain amount of products, and sell it for a lot cheaper than the usual price (sometimes more than 50% off). The catch is you don't know what's inside and you can't chose size, color, etc...
Anyway, I still wanted to try it and decided to try and get the Lucky Bag from the Apple Store this year. These are always very popular, so I had to be in line at 4:30am to be sure to get one at 8am when the store opens (I was around number 80 and they had 100 bags).
The bag itself is usually just a simple shopping plastic or paper bag, but this one was actually a real bag, and a nice one, from incase. From what I understood, this color variation (red, black and blue) is exclusive to the Apple Store Lucky Bags. I like it a lot, it has a lot pockets inside, and it feels really sturdy.
2rggmsg.jpg

r86koi.jpg

11gkh7b.jpg

The little plate on the bag, with a Japanese decoration for New Year and... Apple earbuds :lol
2yovioi.jpg

Inside, there was all of this: iPod nano 8gb , griffin slap case (this is soooo awesome to use the nano as a watch), some Senheiser intra earbuds with mic/remote (works with the iPhone and the nano too), a Nike+iPod sensor, a mophie juice pack (same hting: iPhone and nano), a jack/jack retractable cable, and a nice iHome speaker/docking station (iPhone/nano) that has its own battery and case (which is awesome to use it outside:D )
20sb147.jpg

I never realized how awesome is the new nano used a watch :D
http://yfrog.com/h72r4yj

I also got this awesome Apple tshirt (with a bunny on it because it's this year's zodiac sign) and 3 iTunes card for 1 free movie rental.
29pxown.jpg

Overall, I was very satisfied by this year's lucky bag. I wish I could have chosen at least the size and color for the nano (i would have taken the 16gb product(red)), but that's not how it works. My favorite point is that all the products that I got are supposed to be used together, it's a nice set, so it really feels like someone took some time to think about it. This is different from most usual Lucky Bags, where the store employees just put anything that they didn't sell well last year. If there's a new nano this year and it looks interesting, I'll maybe do it again next year.

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
How much did you throw down on that bag? Every year I think about getting one, but be damned if I got anything at a clothing store...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
moop2000 said:
Another thrift store killing. All of this for about $40.
IMG_2277.jpg

hell yeah I got Atari Flashback 2 too, it's pure awesome , I think t give you the real old experience perfectly, way better than playing these game with 360 controller on game room, I hope they make another one but with all the games they released this year on game room for the Atari system someday.

icecream

Public Health Threat
banKai said:
are those ultimate ears? which ones did you get? and how are they?
Yes, the Triple-Fis. Not a real fan of IEMs (prefer headphones), but these might turn out to be the ones that change my mind.

Frester

Christmas pickups!

Xmas2010Pickups001.jpg

Not pictured: Epic Yarn, gift card for a pair of TOMS and a new gym membership! :D

Xmas2010Pickups002.jpg

My sister got me the Gaga tickets for Christmas since I got us tickets for the show back in September. I bought the Girl Talk tickets a couple weeks ago (non-Christmas), can't wait.

Top Bottom