• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf, let's take a personal visit to the SNK USA Office in 1995 with this vid

Will watch later, thank you for posting this. I had a Neo Pocket and loved it. Metal Slug Anthology is permanently on my psp and vita.

I appreciate you for posting this. I love to see other people's experiences and how different things are now vs then. Looking forward to SNK's next King of Fighters.

Diablos

I think the early 90's are a lot like the 80's. Things started changing a little earlier than 2000, though. AOL was blowing up around 1995. The Nokia 3210 came out in 1999. There were a lot of changes happening in the 90's.
1997 was kind of when everything started to solidify. Everything before that, culturally speaking, was similar to the second half of the 80's.

jblank83

1997 was kind of when everything started to solidify. Everything before that, culturally speaking, was similar to the second half of the 80's.

Sure, but that's a hell of a truism. The end of the 90s was a lot like the beginning of the 2000s. The end of the 2000s was a lot like the beginning of 2010.

Meanwhile, the beginning of the 90s was very different from the beginning of the 80s.

Know what I mean?

maks

SNK guys were great. Im not surprised at all that they gave fans a tour. Group of friends and I hung out there all the time in 93-94. We helped give feedback and balance on KOF 94, 95 and samsho1, 2. For the gaffer that asked about the comp scene on samsho, it was the strongest at torrance. We had samsho 2 on a 50inch arcade setup for several weeks prior to release. People would travel to play. It was pretty well balanced, ive witnessed 20 game win streaks with every character in the game by the time things were tightened up.

Im guessing the arcade they went to is aladdins castle in del amo. They had test machines there and southern hills Golfland.

Masatshi

Hi everyone!! NeoGAF finally accepted my account... I tried for YEARS to get an account here LOL!

Man, it feels so good to read all your positive comments.... seems it was a good idea to transfer those old vhs-tapes to digital after all!!

It was really something special to visit those guys, something that I will always remember and cherish for the rest of my life! Words can't describe the feeling!

You know I was the creator/owner of the NEOGEO Fan Club of Switzerland back in the day. We even had our very own Fan-Magazine (came out 4-times a year)... we were like the biggest SNK fans in the world (at least it felt like that haha!). I had contact with SNK (Heh-Kyu) all the time, concerning news, merchandise and sometimes I even ordered a bunch of carts. I would sell them here in Switzerland to other NEOGEO fans.

So meeting those people responsible was indeed something truly special. Now that I am 45 years old I realise, just how lucky I was...

At one point in my life, I owned every cartridge there was! Man I was sooo proud... and broke LOL!

It was around 2002 when I sold everything to one single buyer, because I got married and needed money for my house and child.

I'm still a gamer today, mostly playing on PS4/Xbox One these days... and I am the humble owner of one of the biggest gaming-sites here in Switzerland. Check www.thegnet.ch

I still do play SNK games whenever I can (or Arcade games for that matter). I made my very own MAME-Arcade Cab which stands in my gaming-room next to the new consoles.

Well, I don't know what more to write. Anyways, thanks for your comments and youtube-views and likes! I had literally tears in my eyes reading them. Thank you guys! And keep the SNK spirit alive!

Cheers and lots of greetings from Switzerland!

PS: I had to zoom on that ass, I was secretly in love with that girl! hahaha

Top Bottom