• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Notebook |OT-Redux| Around the World in 124 Dick Pics

Jhoan

Latest scans coming in red hot off the presses as promised:

Bonus updated guestbook page now with some art work that I added to it so make it more interesting since it was rather bland without it:

Still haven't added in my stuff yet. When I eventually I do, I'll scan it in and upload it. Huelen 10's GAF crossword puzzle has been fun to do. Got almost all of them save for two. Will scan that in at a later point.

So notebook #1 is truly dead now I take it?

Also, I'm going to be clearing my Google Drive of a bunch of old folders/files in a few days which includes the scans I loaded of the notebook from back in January. Ouro, please take the scans I uploaded if you still want them to add to the OP. Sorry, I don't mean to pressure you, but I've been wanting to organize my digital life for a while now and will finally have time soon.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yeah, sadly it may seem that way. Sorry I've not been paying much attention lately - been hosting a Mafia game on GAF and that's held most of my attention.

I'll get them up - give me a couple days.

EDIT: Actually, catmincer had the 2nd notebook, not the first one.

Jhoan

Sorry I've brought the first book to a grinding halt. I've been overthinking about what type of art to add to it that I haven't gotten around to it. I've been lugging it around in my messenger bag so it's been places.

However, I did add a candid rant that I wrote last weekend. Will keep you guys posted on when I pass it on to xkramz once I'm done with my additions.

Jhoan

Gotten lazy contributing to the book that it's still been held up in my place and I haven't sat down to properly do stuff to it.xD Been carrying it everywhere in my bag to say the least so it's been to many places around the city.

I definitely will need to contribute my piece, scan the stuff in, and pass the torch within the next 7-10 days and will write it into my to-do list app. Procrastination is bane of the book's existence.

I knew I should have just driven the book to everyone and watched over them as they made their entry. Now the Soul Vessel might be gone forever :(

There are two books right? The original one has been held by someone for months now without contact. That original book seems dead.

Book two has been held for a while by the poster a few above me. He is communicating with us at least so imt sure that book will continue no problem.

Also, I'm removing my uploaded scans of book one from my Google Drive tonight but I don't think Ouro ever loaded them to the OP's database. If someone else wants to back them up they're linked it a few previous posts of mine in this thread dating as far back as January 2015.

There are two books right? The original one has been held by someone for months now without contact. That original book seems dead.

Book two has been held for a while by the poster a few above me. He is communicating with us at least so imt sure that book will continue no problem.

Also, I'm removing my uploaded scans of book one from my Google Drive tonight but I don't think Ouro ever loaded them to the OP's database. If someone else wants to back them up they're linked it a few previous posts of mine in this thread dating as far back as January 2015.

Jipan has the original, the second book done crashed and burned.

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh that's great news. I was pretty bummed that the original was lost. How far did book #2 get, like 3 people before dying? Seems like it was pretty fresh.

Yeah. I'm less concerned about that one getting lost. The sad thing is if those three want to contribute to the new one, then it's another shipping cost to them :/

Jhoan

Shit, still have it! xD It's my promise to you guys that I'm gonna pass it along before next weekend for sure since I'll be busy working that entire weekend. Tomorrow I'm adding my piece and will proceed to contact xkramz once it's all scanned and all that other fun stuff.

Shit, still have it! xD It's my promise to you guys that I'm gonna pass it along before next weekend for sure since I'll be busy working that entire weekend. Tomorrow I'm adding my piece and will proceed to contact xkramz once it's all scanned and all that other fun stuff.

You got this weekend and then after that we gonna dogpile you brah! :p

yeah come on now Jipan! Don't make me come over there :D

Jhoan

Good news and bad news. Good news is I got all meta and did a drawing will definitely be rolling it out of my hands before the weekend of NY Comic Con.

Bad news is I won't finish it until tomorrow if not Saturday at the very least but I made an art! You'll see it when I scan it in eventually.

Good news and bad news. Good news is I got all meta and did a drawing will definitely be rolling it out of my hands before the weekend of NY Comic Con.

Bad news is I won't finish it until tomorrow if not Saturday at the very least but I made an art! You'll see it when I scan it in eventually.
Did you pass it around other NYC gaffers? Really want to see your contribution mayne!
This is such a great idea. I hope I can get in on it next time it rolls around!
This is what we need more of, I think it's a cool idea but it feels like only a few of us die hards commited post on here! We need some young blood up in here!

Really cool contributions so far I am amazed it has gone this far.

Jhoan

Did you pass it around other NYC gaffers? Really want to see your contribution mayne!

Really cool contributions so far I am amazed it has gone this far.
Nah, I've only been hanging out with a small handful of NYC GAF bros this year who saw it and flipped through it so it's been a touched by number47 and a banned GAF member who still lurks. I've been contemplating doing local NeoGAF Notebook here in the city possibly in the near future seeing as there's loads of GAF members who live here that would be itching to add something to it. I might get the gang back together for something in December to have at least one meet up this year.

This year has been a personal journey for me going through major changes/ups and downs that I made the entries about that. I even contemplated asking for a self-imposed ban at some point but I think that would only isolate me further from people.It gave me a chance to open up and be candid so for that, I'm extremely grateful that this project exists in this community and I'm humbled to have contributed something. It's a fantastic thing similar to how GAF members have banded together in the past to send get well cards to a 8 year old cancer survivor.

The thread subtitle should be changed to Procrastinating around the World in 124 pages since the big P gets to everyone! ;p

I was thinking of doing a Sketchbook Project* for NeoGaf buuuut after this attempted endeavor...
Before you say do it, it's not free and cost about $25-60 and that would be a bitch to lose

*it's 32 page (well 64 front and back) mini sketchbook that'll be archived at the Brooklyn library and taken on tour across the country

I was thinking of doing a Sketchbook Project* for NeoGaf buuuut after this attempted endeavor...
Before you say do it, it's not free and cost about $25-60 and that would be a bitch to lose

*it's 32 page (well 64 front and back) mini sketchbook that'll be archived at the Brooklyn library and taken on tour across the country

I've done that once. It's a neat project.

Ourobolus

Banned
Btw as far as I can tell, catmincer has dropped off the face of the earth.
Though maybe he blocked me on steam. Anyone else want to try to contact him?

Jhoan

Sweet Jesus! That sounds like a high quality sketchbook that it's a bit on the pricey side but for it to be housed in the Brooklyn library for others to peruse through it would be a huge honor. I would totally be on board since I've typically had the NeoGAF Notebook in my messenger bag or in my room.

I'm familiar with this project while since I stumbled upon it I was doing some Googling around for traveling sketchbook one day.I need to make a note to visit this Brooklyn library that houses these books.

The idea have in mind would be to have an equal amount of GAF members from living in the five boroughs of NYC contribute stuff starting with Manhattan before eventually reaching Staten Island last but not least and coming back to Manhattan full circle with possibly a raffle in the end or donate it to an institution that would be willing to house it. The catch would be that book has to be pass along via local pick up so it gives GAF members a reason/excuse to meet up and get to know each other.

Another idea that I have in mind would be to buy a decent quality hard cover sketchbook and bring it to GAF meet ups in the future as a guestbook of sorts. I'm getting excited from thinking about it so I think I'm gonna make it happen and shop the ideas around in the NYC GAF thread. November would be the starting month.

CarpeDeezNutz said:
Have we dropped it off at the nearest post office brah?
Yeah, I went to the post office yesterday.
It was to mail out a ticket that I sold. :p

In all seriousness, I've PM'ed xkramz. We're in talks to pass the torch along. It might be quite possible that I meet up with him in person as opposed to mail it out to him since our schedules aren't lining up this week. And I still haven't 100% finished my piece that I haven't scanned it yet but it's been coming along quite nicely.

I wonder what happened to the Ourobulus vs. catmincer saga. I guess that book has been stalled indefinitely. I guess you can say that his cat minced the book. ;)

Jhoan

Monday for sure I'm physically passing it to xkramz that I'm gonna pass by his work place to hand it to him. Our schedules haven't been lining up since he works a 3PM-11PM shift every day whereas I'm typically only in downtown Manhattan two days a week unless I have plans with friends or volunteer for an event in which case, it's more days.

Unfortunately, this means I won't be able to scan the entries unless I go to my alma mater to do so before passing it to him because I need to replace my laptop's battery. However, to compensate, I'm gonna take informal shots of the updates.

Jhoan

Update Notebook bros: I just left the book at xkramz's work place for him to pick up tomorrow when he goes into his shift. Expect to receive a confirmation tomorrow afternoon after 3PM EST. It's officially out of my hands. I have scanned my entries in but won't upload them until I get home if not tomorrow.

While I'm at it, I finally get to say Prima Nocta, I chose number 47.

xkramz

UPDATE!! I now currently have the book. Jipan left it at my job. I'll try to be speedy with my time with it. I will contact the next in line soon. Bless you all gaffers.

Top Bottom