• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - MarkMan Returns!

VGChampion said:
Brothers Bloom! Love that movie. More people should see it.
I know right such on amazing movie I love it!

Danielsan said:
Indeed. If you had waited a month you could probably get that CE for half price in the UK.
No not really Fable 2 CE was gone in a hart beat!
And the MSRP for the CE of F3 was 90 euro so I got a great deal.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
jecclr2003 said:
Had this delivered this morning at 6:30 AM.....

74323_488181367572_667022572_6821670_7575543_n.jpg

My 2nd daughter. Life is awesome :)

Wow! She is gorgeous. Congrats man!

Zing

Banned
Solideliquid said:
iWork for $49 after purchase of a new MacBook Pro. I already have Mac Office 2008. Keep?

GRhvtl.jpg

It depends on your outlook on the "Mac experience" and user interface. iWork has it, Office does not. As far as basic end-user functionality goes, they are on par. If you already own Office, then iWork is superfluous. If someone has no Office suite, then I would recommend iWork hands down.

I use Pages and Numbers daily.

MarkMan said:
I hope I don't come off as a 'salesman' of sorts. I only post/recommend products that I really believe in. It would suck to have my name associated with shit. lol.

lol no not at all, i just was making a pun.

I own 4 madcatz joysticks, a madcatz fight pad, and now the Madcatz Rock Band 3 Keyboard.

rSpooky said:
Pretty sure that was preorder only.!
Pre-ordered nine months in advance.

I've heard the gameplay is a struggle and lasts 18 years or more. Gameplay may also make your hair fall out from stress.

Yes Boss!

Should I be considering Vanquish? Lots of pick-ups in this thread. FWIW, I own all the Platinum games but have not played much more than a few hours on each. PS3 or 360?

Volcynika

Yes Boss! said:
Should I be considering Vanquish? Lots of pick-ups in this thread. FWIW, I own all the Platinum games but have not played much more than a few hours on each. PS3 or 360?

Not much difference between the two versions but I think the PS3 one edges out a bit.

Yes Boss!

Volcynika said:
Not much difference between the two versions but I think the PS3 one edges out a bit.
I'll pick it up. The demo was not doing much for me but I'm still game for it.

Tonight I picked up a few classic games on VC:

27f7522f.jpg

9caaf090.jpg

JEKKI

whooo! got this for $1 off ebay!!!

m65ip.jpg

too bad all BB are sold out of the dang game!!! I didnt find it until the 3rd store I went to, thank goodness coz the coupon expires today! lol

ir6yir.jpg

triumvir!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Where's all the Rock Band 3 love at?!

Speaking of RB3. I guess this is a pick-up right?

73583_495308345235_245509115235_7467368_6942828_n.jpg

In the credits for Rock Band 3 ;)

°°ToMmY°° said:
marksman, how's the hori lcd screen for the ps3?

It is AWESOME. I wish I had the Japanese one (Sony licensed), it has a PS logo on the top instead of the Hori one, lol.

SonOfABeep said:
lol no not at all, i just was making a pun.

I own 4 madcatz joysticks, a madcatz fight pad, and now the Madcatz Rock Band 3 Keyboard.

:) Thanks :D

I got tired of trying to win it on Ebay for cheap, had a $15 Best Buy Gift Card, so I went and picked it up.

33474_448170026645_685251645_5966441_2907233_n.jpg

Also the FlingSmash bundle were on the shelves at Best Buy, but the standalone new Wii Motes w/ Motion Plus built in weren't, odd.

I just noticed no one checked the mail today so I just went out to the box and this came:

40156_448180486645_685251645_5966722_6506769_n.jpg

Nintendo wasted money and packaging on shipping. The other fan came yesterday lol.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
_dementia said:
what happened? i just went to their webstore...

The top guys in charge of the company both got married, decided they wanted to move on to another phase in their lives. Triumvir's still putting out the Street Fighter Alpha collaboration but I believe that's their final product.

SnowWolf said:
The top guys in charge of the company both got married, decided they wanted to move on to another phase in their lives. Triumvir's still putting out the Street Fighter Alpha collaboration but I believe that's their final product.
ah, gotcha
well, wish them the best with their future endeavors

No photos, but just picked up a brand spanking new Dell laptop (*cough* Alienware). Ridicule me all you want, paying for the name, etc, but I got it for $300 off as an open box, so paid $1500 for it. Expensive, but I figure it wasnt too much of a premium. Beat the hell out of the comparable ASUS they were offering for $1800. Radeon 5850, i7 720 processor clocked at 1.6, 4GB ram, etc. A suitable replacement for my desktop, to say the least. Gonna be moving around quite a bit for the next couple years (new job, gonna be changing homes every 4 months or so for the next little while) so taking the desktop with me was not a terribly enticing idea. Figured I would just get a heavy duty laptop to cover my ass instead. Gonna be spending the next couple days transferring everything over from the desktop to the laptop, but right now I'm very happy with my purchase. The battery life will probably be shit, but I plan on using it as a desktop replacement and not a laptop, so it doesnt worry me too much.

Also, Fallout: New Vegas (which is fantastic, by the way), and, most importantly, a new job! First job out of university, so I am pretty excited. Start on the 8th, can't wait to see how things go.

isny

napkin dispenser
MidnightScott said:
I just noticed no one checked the mail today so I just went out to the box and this came:

Nintendo wasted money and packaging on shipping. The other fan came yesterday lol.

How did you get it to stay open? Mine is so stiff...(no jokes please)

WEGGLES

isny said:
You might be opening it the wrong way. When open, the wide side of the slats should be pointed at you, not the narrow side.

isny said:

Yeah be careful, grab from the top and pull it sideways gently. Don't force it or you'll break it. I made the mistake of doing that with the humongous fan I bought at the Japan festival and ended up breaking it.

Now to go get tangled in some epic yarn.

Straxus

jecclr2003 said:
Beautiful baby girl
Ahh, reminds me of the day I became an uncle...

and so does my plasma :(

"HEY! STOP PRESSING THE SCREEN! YOU'RE MESSING UP MY GAME/WORDS! OohH!"
Now she interacts with Dora, Ni Hao, and every other edutainment program. Kinda worth it. :)

kairu said:
macbook-air-side.jpg

macbook-air-top.jpg

New Macbook Air. 13.3" with 4gb Ram and a 128 gb storage. Very impressed so far.

YESSS!!! I'm planning to buy one next month myself! I can't wait. And it's funny too, I was talking to my wife about how I wished that they had a smaller mac laptop then boom!

JEKKI

SnowWolf said:
yeay they made a lot of good collections tho, so if they go out on Street Fighter Ima be sad!!!

kairu

@Mattlikewhoa Yeah I had been wanting a smaller mac laptop too. The new Air's performance has been really surprisingly good.

Akim

Banned
4NibT.gif

I'm one of 75 people that got picked to go see Tegan and Sara while they film a new DVD. Hyped.

Also I got this pumpkin

3nBLq.jpg

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Akim said:
I'm one of 75 people that got picked to go see Tegan and Sara while they film a new DVD. Hyped.

Also I got this pumpkin

Lucky! I never heard of them until Paramore's Honda Civic Tour when they were opening. They put up an awesome performance and looking forward to that DVD

54-46!

_dementia said:
5131817191_bd03369341_z.jpg

banqueesh!
How are anime bd as far as region locking and subtitles go? I've noticed that alot of japanese releases seem to be region free and feature english subtitles.

54-46! said:
How are anime bd as far as region locking and subtitles go? I've noticed that alot of japanese releases seem to be region free and feature english subtitles.
this release is north american (funimation) so *shrug*
region lock A, 1080p dual language/subs and 5.1

fallagin

suikodan said:
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab12/suikodan/3a0d1114.jpg

Picked this up. We're going to watch part one with the nieces tonight. I wonder how they'll like it.

And to stay in the theme of the POWER OF LOVE, my ultimate pickup:
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab12/suikodan/mariage.jpg

Now I'll be able to say "My wife" like Harrison Ford :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-vjbuodBEU[/url]

Dude, you look alot like bill gates. That is pretty awesome.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
_dementia said:
this release is north american (funimation) so *shrug*
region lock A, 1080p dual language/subs and 5.1
A few Funimation titles have Region A and B on them, so it really depends. My copy of FMP! and Fumoffu are AB and TSR is just A.

Volcynika said:
ps3 version has framerate issues and the 360 screen tearing towards the top of the screen If i had to choose again I'd go 360 version

Top Bottom