• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEGA Community Thread |OT| To be this good takes AGES

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus

This new Sega-Atlus-Vanillaware is a God Send for Sega Saturn fans.

It's basically a Shining Force/Dragon Force/Princess Crown mash up 💪🏻

SEGA community thread

Kazza Kazza and Fat Frog powered.

Ooh, that's going to be awesome. Definitely taking inspiration from Dragon Force, a series that deserved to sell millions. In a just world, we'd have as many DF games as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. And I always love how Vanillaware follows the same art style going all the way back to Princess Crown (another unjustly overlooked Sega Saturn classic...cough, fan translation, ahem).

I hope this videogame is successful enough to enable Sega to look at its vast software library and consider reviving its many RPG classics: Shining Force 3 Trilogy, Terra Phantastica, Princess Crown, Dragon Force.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Ooh, that's going to be awesome. Definitely taking inspiration from Dragon Force, a series that deserved to sell millions. In a just world, we'd have as many DF games as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. And I always love how Vanillaware follows the same art style going all the way back to Princess Crown (another unjustly overlooked Sega Saturn classic...cough, fan translation, ahem).

I hope this videogame is successful enough to enable Sega to look at its vast software library and consider reviving its many RPG classics: Shining Force 3 Trilogy, Terra Phantastica, Princess Crown, Dragon Force.
Vanilla games are on the rise:
Dragon's Crown > Million seller
13 Sentinels > Million seller

Plus, Sega-Atlus networks will help.

RayBoy

nNrSCAj.jpg

Celcius

°Temp. member
Does playing burned games on a dreamcast vs retail disks wear the laser down faster?
Also, I remember dreamcasts having the VGA adapter back in the day... how easy is it to connect to DC to a TV via HDMI, just need an adapter?

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia

Looking good ! (except Tyris and the SOR screenshot is too small, cannot see anything 😅)

Last edited:

cireza

Hello everyone.

In case someone might be interested, here is a link to preorder my Game Gear game. It will be released later this year.

Many other games available from that publisher too, including Master System games in MegaDrive carts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom