• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Milly79

I wasn't playing too hot tonight, that was my first game on left wing in months, but I was getting into the groove of it when I wasnt getting lagged out. Sucks we lost that last game when we hit two posts.

Well, I was contemplating letting you have RW, but I figured you wouldn't last very long with the lag. :)

Have you tried opening your ports? Or possibly putting your Xbox in the DMZ? I did that with mine and anytime I would have a moderate NAT type, it disappeared after I put it in the DMZ. It has helped a bit with the lag, although I still need to reset my router every few days.

It's frustrating going into a game with 3-4-5 and losing a guy and being outnumbered. ;_;

Probably won't be on tonight. Preds are on late this week.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's a pain in the ass cause it's pretty random, some nights I have nothing and some nights it's non stop. Then there's nights like last night were I was fine for 2 periods then It goes to shit on me, I just assume it's part of living with 5 other people.

Milly79

It's a pain in the ass cause it's pretty random, some nights I have nothing and some nights it's non stop. Then there's nights like last night were I was fine for 2 periods then It goes to shit on me, I just assume it's part of living with 5 other people.

Well, are you running wireless? What are the others running?

Red_Man

I doubt my roommates would be willing to spend more for internet so I don't lag as much in NHL 12 :lol but I could still always dispose of them....

We're all on wireless, but my xbox is about 10 feet away from the router I can try directly connecting to it.

Marvie_3

Banned
I doubt my roommates would be willing to spend more for internet so I don't lag as much in NHL 12 :lol but I could still always dispose of them....

We're all on wireless, but my xbox is about 10 feet away from the router I can try directly connecting to it.

HDRGm.gif

wired>>>>>>wireless

Milly79

I would try direct, yes. If not, setup the DMZ. All it requires is a static IP assigned to your Xbox. It's really simple to setup and hey, it just may work.

Regardless, if you're lagging at the beginning of the game, I think you should start dropping. It's a detriment to the team if you're playing with it, and even more when you drop. Sucky situation all around. Would love to see a non-laggy Legit actually being effective. D:

Marvie_3

Banned
Depending on your router, you should also be able to set priority for each connected device. Mine allows me to rank everything connected to it and it limits bandwidth to everything else when my 360 is running.

Red_Man

I'll try it, and if I do keep dropping I'll just stop, it's a waste of everyone's time and I'm tired of wasting 2 hours with 20 mins of actual playing time.

Milly79

Really? That's cool. I wish I knew if my router had that capability. I've looked around in the setup page and don't believe I've seen that before.

Red_Man

I just connected my xbox direct to my router, so I'll play some games tonight and see how it is, I'll try and change my router settings too if I can.

Milly79

I have a Belkin wireless dongle for my PC, cause I was too cheap to buy a nic card and I don't have a cable long enough to reach the router (plus it would be an awkward situation dealing with people possibly tripping). It's terribly slow at times.

Red_Man

I'm going to some brewery tour but when I get back I'm going to try and do this port forwarding bullshit

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I have a Belkin wireless dongle for my PC, cause I was too cheap to buy a nic card and I don't have a cable long enough to reach the router (plus it would be an awkward situation dealing with people possibly tripping). It's terribly slow at times.

Legit has a dongle for you!

My Xbox is wired. The only way to go if you can.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm going to some brewery tour but when I get back I'm going to try and do this port forwarding bullshit

Which brewery?

Also, if anyone is looking for cheap ethernet cables, go to monoprice.com. My old roommate and I wired our entire apartment for less than $20.

Red_Man

Which brewery?

Also, if anyone is looking for cheap ethernet cables, go to monoprice.com. My old roommate and I wired our entire apartment for less than $20.

Just some small local one with pretty shit beer, my gfs friend was running it so I got dragged to it.

I've never dealt with this port forwarding stuff so I'll see how it goes, it doesn't look too difficult.

Red_Man

Wtf I have to buy this shit ? :lol Fuck you time to google this. The ape got off my xbox so I should be on in a bit.

Red_Man

Never mind, I'm an idiot that was just an advertisement aha fuck this is dumb, think I almost have it working though.

Red_Man

Seems to work, I played a few drop in games last night and didn't have any issues. I plugged it into the modem and did the port forwarding business. Guess we'll see how it goes next time we play.

Red_Man

:lol I actually started laughing last game when my batteries died, and I wasn't moving for like 3 seconds and you guys started saying how I dropped.

Red_Man

Richard was helping us out, and playing with no lag is fucking awesome
6UDr2.gif

Although I have no excuse now when I fuck up a pass

Red_Man

I'm just gonna be watching Alien on my xbox, if you guys wanna play just shoot me a message

Red_Man

Chalk me up for one loss for my game misconduct, you got two of us coming for your record.

Top Bottom