• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

Razyl

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Shadow Warrior 2
5. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
6. Dishonored 2
7. Fire Emblem: Fates
8. Mafia 3
9. Hitman
10. Unravel

Grieves

1. Kingdom Hearts 2.8: Me and my son are hugh KH fans. Haven't had chance to play DDD or Chi yet and looking forward to finding out about Aqua in the Realm of Darkness
2. The Last Guardian: Loved SotC, been waiting for this for so long.
3. No Man's Sky: Used to love Elite as a kid. This looks like it's really gonna be my kind of thing.
4. Far Cry Primal: It's a Far Cry game - I know I'll get it.
5. Valkyria Azure Revolution: Loved Valkyria Chronicles so will definatly be checking this out.
6. Final Fantasy XV : FFXIII bummed me out on the whole series but will check this out if reviews are favourable.
7. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: I enjoyed the last Deus Ex game - will check this one out.

Would also put Kingdom Hearts Unchained Chi and Elite Dangerous(PS4) but I don't think a 2016 release has been confirmed for either of them.

Lokbob

1. Persona 5
2. Danganronpa V3
3. Shin Megami Tensei IV Final
4. Dragon Quest XI
5. Nier Automata
6. Fire Emblem Fates
7. Ni no Kuni 2
8. Yakuza Zero
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. Street Fighter V

Thoraxes

1. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma; Shatter my mind Uchikoshi. Please.
2. Shin Megami Tensei IV FINAL; Fuck yeah. Awesome music, awesome gameplay, awesome story setting, awesome world. Give it to me.
3. Persona 5; I have 2 weeks of vacation waiting to be used on this game.
4. Ace Attorney 6; I need this 10 years ago, fuck.
5. Dragon Quest XI; While we haven't seen much yet, just knowing a new single-player DQ is in the works is enough to get me excited.
6. New Danganronpa V3; Not much known yet, but if it maintains the standards set by the series, this is guaranteed to be amazing.
7. Genei Ibun Roku #FE; Awesome music, battle system, setting, and neat characters. I really want to get my hands on this.
8. The Legend of Zelda Wii U; I still don't know what this really is yet, but man do I love playing a new Zelda.
9. Dragon Quest VII 3DS; It's about fucking time.
10. Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness; Hell yeah!

Honorable mentions: Fire Emblem Fates, Bravely Second, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Nier Automata, Yakuza 0, Star Fox Zero, Gravity Daze 2.

1. The Last Guardian
2. Uncharted 4
3. Persona 5
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Final Fantasy XV
6. Gran Turismo Sport
7. Mass Effect Andromeda
8. Ni-Oh
9. Gravity Rush 2
10. Nier Automata

1.) Dark Souls 3
2.) Quantum Break
3.) Mass Effect: Andromeda
4.) Dishonored 2
5.) Far Cry: Primal
6.) Gears of War 4
7.) Horizon: Zero Dawn
8.) RIME
9.) No Man's Sky
10.) Hitman

Linkyn

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U :

7291.jpg

It was my most anticipated game for 2014, it was my most anticipated game for 2015, and now, it is my most anticipated game for 2016. I'm starting to feel a little ridiculous, but I'm optimistic that this will finally be the year we see a release. We have yet to see what the exact launch situation will be like, and if we are indeed looking at a Twilight Princess 2.0 situation, this'll likely be my first NX game. I have to be completely honest - nothing could make me not want to buy this game. Also, I cannot wait to finally get the actual title.

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End :

uncharted48qqj7.jpg

I've said it time and time again: I'm finally rejoining the Playstation nation this spring, and Uncharted is the reason. I more or less bought the PS3 for Among Thieves, and if this fourth (and potentially final) installment in the franchise can even remotely come close to the experience of my first playthrough, it is an absolute must-have for me.

3. Mass Effect: Andromeda :

37c2.jpg

I love Bioware games. It's really that simple. I've been a fan of their work ever since the original KotOR, and not much has changed about that (I don't even feel as negatively about recent entries like ME3 and DAI as most). To add to that, I thoroughly enjoy the Mass Effect lore, and the core mechanics of the franchise. The prospect of walking around the not-Normandy and chatting up my crew members (who, for some strange reason, represent many of the same races as the original trilogy, despite the fact that the game takes place in a different galaxy that nobody would have any real ability to get to) is putting a smile on my face even as I'm typing this. It's been some time since the initial tease, so I'm glad that this'll be the year we'll finally get to see it all in action.

4. Yooka-Laylee :

9084.jpg

I would feel strange not including Playtonic's first outing on my list, due to the simple fact that to this day, it is the only game I have ever supported via crowdfunding. Many people like to sneer at the N64-era 'collectathons', but I've always liked the sense of exploration and completion they bring. Knowing that much of the former Rare talent is working on a 3D platformer / action-adventure heavily influenced by what are easily some of the most impactful games I have ever played almost makes me boil over with anticipation. The implications of this one are staggering - it could be the revival of one of my favourite video game genres, and, even better, if it's successful, it holds the potential for reimaginings of many other titles I hold dear, and a lot of new original, exciting ideas.

5. Fire Emblem Fates :

61ba.jpg

This would have been much higher, had it not been for two things. First, the multiple edition thing - it's not a big deal for me, personally, but I'm just generally opposed to split content (I might feel better about this once I manage to pre-order the complete version of the game somewhere). Second, and this is the big issue for me, it's a handheld game. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my 3DS, but I've always preferred playing on a big screen, and I just really wish there was a mainline Fire Emblem on Wii U (who knows, maybe there'll be one on NX -.-). Yet, with all that said, we're still talking about Fire Emblem, and that's enough reason for me to look forward to playing it.

6. Rise of the Romb Raider :

b60b.jpg

It may be a late port of a 2015 game, but I've always held that I'd buy Rise of the Tomb Raider when the PC version is released, and I'm planing to stick by that decision. To say that I was positively surprised by 2013's reboot would be an enormous understatement, and the sequel looks like essentially more of the same, so count me in!

7. Horizon: Zero Dawn :

2293.jpg

I almost forgot about this one. Since I'll be back in the business of buying PS exclusives in a few months, I've been paying a bit more attention to release schedules. I am honestly not very familiar with GG's prior work, and I've only seen a few bits of demos so far, but what little that was has made me rather keen on finding out more about this peculiar title.

8. Mafia III :

mafia3g4pzh.jpg

This reveal really took me a bit by surprise. I wasn't overly fond of the second game, but it was still a lot of fun. What excites me then is simply the possibilities for this third game in a series I have a lot of love for (mostly because of the original). I'm hoping it will be a little darker, more rooted, and character-focused. And above all, I'm hoping it'll manage to make the city of New Orleans feel alive and interesting. I want something to do in-between missions. I want there to be side content, or even just dumb mini-games. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one, but I cannot deny the sheer potential of a genuinely great Mafia game.

9. Overwatch :

22cd1.jpg

I won't deny that I'm a big fan of Blizzard games, but that alone is not enough to make me want a game. I've never really been able to get into Hearthstone (although I liked what I've played), and I haven't played a single game of Heroes of the Storm. For me, it's almost always an issue of genre. At the outset, that doesn't bode particularly well for Overwatch. I'm not big on FPSes in the first place, and the MOBA / arena shooter mix doesn't help, either. Still, for some reason, I've caught myself following updates over the course of the past year, and I definitely like the overall vibe and atmosphere of the game. After Blizzcon this year, I finally decided to just go for it. Who knows, maybe I'll find some more love for the genre.

10. Star Fox Zero :

starfoxzeropupr3.jpg

Out of all the games on my list, Star Fox is the one that worries me the most. I want it to be good, but the initial reveal was underwhelming, to say the least. What information we've obtained since has made me more optimistic, especially the delay (which makes me think that it's not being treated as a filler title like amiibo Festival and Ultra Smash). Still, the release date is fast approaching, and I'm almost hoping they'll delay it again. I'd rather wait a little longer for a good Star Fox, especially when so much is riding on this game doing well (strictly talking about the franchise here). At the very least, I want to support the effort, if only to signal that there's still room in today's world for other Nintendo franchises (looking at you, F-Zero).

Honorable Mentions:

x. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD :

Not numbered because it is a remake / remaster. I can't say that Twilight Princess was my favourite console Zelda, and I don't think this remake will be able to address most of the issues I have with the original game, but I think it'll still be fun enough. I would be more excited to play this game, were it not for the simple fact that I played through every single console Zelda the week before the announcement. However, I'm sure I'll find plenty of excuses to dive back in come Spring.

x. World of Warcraft: Legion :

I wasn't sure whether an MMO-expansion counts as a new game, so a non-numbered spot, it is. I tend to play WoW for a few months every now and again, and next year will be no exception. I'm getting the Collector's Edition, I'll play the game, I'll have a lot of fun, get fed up eventually because it requires a bigger time investment than I'm ready to give, and stop playing again after a while, only for the cycle to repeat until either this game is put to rest or I am, whichever happens first. Or, (and this seems like the most likely scenario in my opinion), subscriber numbers eventually go down enough for them to drop the subscription altogether.

Raggie

1. Mass Effect Andromeda
2. Persona 5
3. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
4. Fire Emblem Fates
5. Torment: Tides of Numenera
6. Day of the Tentacle Remaster
7. Dragon Quest Builders
8. Horizon: Zero Dawn
9. Banner Saga 2
10. Cosmic Star Heroine

Lichter

1. Scalebound
2. Zelda U
3. Yooka-Laylee
4. Quantum Break
5. Uncharted 4
6. Halo Wars 2
7. Cuphead
8. The Last Guardian
9. Crackdown 3
10. Tekken 7

1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
2. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
4. Dark Souls 3
5. Nier Automata
6. No Mans Sky
7. Gravity Rush Remastered/2
8. Final Fantasy XV
9. Hyper Light Drifter
10. Ni-Oh

bigjig

1 Persona 5
2 Zelda Wii U
3 Last Guardian
4 Dark Souls 3
5 Deus Ex Mankind Divided
6 Dragon Quest XI
7 Nier 2
8 Gravity Rush 2
9 Danganronpa 3
10 Nioh

1. Dark Souls III
2. Mass Effect Andromeda
3. Overwatch
4. Scalebound
5. Yooka-Laylee

6. Pokemon Go
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Horizon: Zero Dawn
9. Street Fighter V
10. World of Warcraft: Legion

ramparter

Banned
1. Yooka-Laylee : Just the chance of it being equal to Banjo Kazooie makes it my most anticipated game in forever.
2. Zelda Wii U : Mostly because we have seen barely anything. Can't wait to see what they have been doing.

Other than these two I'll just wait and see plus I have a lot of games already.

1. Persona 5
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Yakuza 0
4. The Last Guardian
5. Dragon Quest 11
6. Nier Automata
7. Kingdom Hearts 2.8
8. Final Fantasy 15
9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
10. Ni-oh

ZombAid82

9) Uncharted 4
} i can't wait for people to shut the fuck up about these two games.​
10) Persona 5

Well, it's very bad, that people have hopes for good games, and like to talk about it, after all here is a forum for games, what the hell people, no anticipation for your games, only for Carl!

1. Mass Effect Andromeda : Mass Effect's legacy may have been tarnished because of how the trilogy ended, but it is still one of my favourite series of all time. I can't wait to dive into that universe again!

2. No Man's Sky : It's basically a dream game, one of those concepts you thought about as a kid and said "wouldn't it be cool if...?"

3. Firewatch : The art style is really beautiful, and there is something incredibly unsettling about the premise alone... The idea of being out in the woods by yourself would be creepy to begin with, but add mysterious hijinks? Eep.

4. Torment: Tides of Numenera : No idea if this will actually manage to release in 2016, but I like what they've shown so far.

5. Divinity: Original Sin 2 : Putting more focus on strong narrative will make for a more engaging game, I think.

6. XCOM 2 : I feel bad for not putting as much time into Enemy Unknown as it deserved. I hope to rectify that with 2.

7. Tacoma : I liked Gone Home, though I felt like it was a overly expensive for what it was... I spent ~2 hours digging through drawers and cupboards, waiting for something to happen. I'm half convinced that the reason I enjoyed the game at all was because of my own anticipation of what I assumed would be a big moment. Despite that, I'm interested in seeing what they do with Tacoma.

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Skux

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: If it truly is Naughty Dog's last Uncharted game, you can trust that they'll go out with a bang. Amazing production value, massive set pieces, and what could be the best version of Uncharted gameplay in both single and multiplayer.

2. Horizon: Zero Dawn: Robot dinosaurs in an action RPG with Guerrilla's graphics. It's going to be nuts.

3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: All the best parts of recent sandbox action games smashed together in a cyberpunk dystopia.

4. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst: Let's see if they get it right the second go round.

5. Paragon: Huge MOBA fan and I was hooked by the trailer. Love the art design and hybrid genre concept and will definitely be playing it whenever I can, whether I get into the closed beta or have to wait for the paid beta.

6. Mass Effect: Andromeda: This is your one and only shot to redeem yourselves after that ME3 shitshow, BioWare. Don't fuck it up.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
1. Uncharted 4
2. The Last Guardian
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. South Park The Fractured But Hole
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Gears 4
7. Doom
8. No Man's Sky
9. Dark Souls 3
10. Mirrors Edge Catalyst

J_Ark

1. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma
2. Nier: Automata
3. The Last Guardian
4. Danganronpa: V3
5. Persona V
6. FF XV
7. Ni no Kuni 2
8. Ace Attorney 6
9. Valkyria: Azure Revolution
10. RIME

This is so hard, no fillers on the list. Best year ever T_T

TBiddy

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. FIFA 17 (yes, yes, I know)
3. Day of the Tentacle Remastered
4. Cuphead
5. Total War: Warhammer

That's about it, for me, I think. Perhaps a new Forza or Quantom Break, but I'm not totally hyped about those.

Superfrog

1. Gears of War 4: The Gears series is still one of my favorites ever. Even though the E3 gameplay and the new characters were underwhelming, I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

2. Uncharted 4: No words needed. Naughty Dog always delivers, and UC4 once again looks absolutely amazing. Day 1.

3. Firewatch: Extremely intriguing concept, setting and studio. Potential indie GotY.

4. Mother Russia Bleeds: Seems amazingly hilarious, violent and well playable all at the same time. Plus, Devolver Digital.

5. Halo Wars 2: I love the Halo universe (especially design-wise, UNSC preferred); and with Creative Assembly on board, this has huge potential. They just need to get the console controls right.

6. Horizon - Zero Dawn: Everything about this game looks and sounds fantastic. My only concern is that I'm not sure if Guerilla Games will be able to create a true GotY contender (which is what I except from Horizon).

7. Doom: Well, it's Doom. Or it's more like Quake. I don't care - what I've seen so far looks great and extremely fun. Hoping for a good single-player campaign, too.

8. Horizon Chase PS4: I played the shit out of the iOS version and 100%-ed it. Can't wait for the console port(s), one of the best arcade racing games of all times.

9. No Man's Sky: That has become a tough one. The premise is obviously fantastic, but I'm more and more skeptical if it will be an actual game with fun gameplay and a story arc and not just a huge sandbox. Still highly anticipated.

10. REZ Infinite: REZ is one of the best experiences I've ever had. Still own it on Dreamcast, PS2 and 360 (both digitally and on the Qubed disc). Instabuy.

Szadek

1.Hitman
2.Persona 5
3.Dark Souls 3
4.Nier: Automata
5.Dishonored 2
6.Valkyria: Azure Revolution
7.Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
8.Horizon Zero Dawn
9.Kingdom Hearts 2.8
10.Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Jacknapes

For me, it would be

1. Uncharted 4
  2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
  3. Yooka Laylee
  4. The Tomorrow Children
  5. No Mans Sky
  6. Star Fox Zero
  7. Zelda WiiU
  8. Mass Effect Andromeda
  9. Dishonored 2
  10. Far Cry Primal

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn : New, interesting IP, looks amazing.

2. Uncharted 4 : Not much to say, that hasn't already been said, it's Uncharted 4.

3. Ratchet & Clank : Always loved R&C with it's crazy humour and weapons and this looks like a playable animated movie, amazing.

4. Persona 5 : Excellent JRPG series, this looks to be another top game in the series.

5. Ni No Kuni 2 : Big surprise at PSX, loved the first game.

6. Yakuza Zero : Always had a soft spot for this series.

7. The Last Guardian : Waited a long time for this, loved ICO and SotC so should be
great.

8. Ni-Oh : Reminds me of Onimusha, never a bad thing, hope it plays as good.

9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Loved HR, really looking forward to the improvements of this sequel.

10. Final Fantasy 15 : Feels like ages since we got the last main FF game. It certainly looks great and seems like it will go back to big open worlds, rather than the narrow corridors of FF13, fingers crossed it's a return to form.

Hard to pick just 10, with so many great looking games coming next year. but going to stick with these now or I will be here all day changing them.

Adry9

1. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Loved the first one, can't wait for the new one and the artbook.
2. Mass Effect: Andomeda. ME3 was a bit dissapointing so I want to see what have they done with the new title.
3. Dark Souls 3.
4. Rise Of The Tomb Raider (PC): I don't know if it's still valid...
5. No Man's Sky
6. The Division

I don't have a PS4 so no Uncharted 4 for me :p

1. No Man's Sky: I'm an Ecologist irl. Surveying protected wildlife and environments across the UK. The thought of expanding that to surveying wildlife and environments across a universe is disturbingly exciting =D

2. Horizon Zero Dawn: All about the environments and the interaction of the ecosystems. Looks so refreshing.

3. Far Cry Primal: Again, it's the environmental aspect that does it for me. Plus I'm a huge history fan, and the neolithic is my favourite era. Looks like a very fun and unique game setting.

4. Dark Souls 3: Bloodborne made me a huge fan of the series this year, so I'll be picking up Dark Souls 2: SotFS soon to keep me going until this one.

5. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: I was a huge fan of the last entry. I'm a huge fan of pretty games. I'm a huge fan of games that tackle moral and ethical debates so adeptly.

eXistor

1. The Legend of Zelda WiiU.
Undoubtedly the one for me. Still my favorite series to this day and if they can pull off the open-world, we're looking at best game ever territory here. Then again, I thought the same about MGSV...

2. The Last Guardian.
I've never lost faith in this game and its re-reveal was nothing short of spectacular imo. This game is going to touch and inspire so many people like SotC did before it, I'm sure.

3. Persona 5.
There's no way this game is gonna suck based on what we know from the trailers and previous games. It looks great and I have no doubt it's gonna be a classic.

4. NieR: Automata.
Not too much info on this yet, but I'm a Platinum fan and I loved the first game. Combat and mechanics in the first game weren't exactly its strong point though, so here's hoping Platinum can work their magic and combined with a hopefully great soundtrack and story it could become one of the best cult action rpg's in years.

5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
Looks great so far, hopefully it'll become more than just a standard sequel and they manage to differentiate it from the previous game enough to stand on its own two (augmented) feet. Even if it does little more than basically make the same again, it'll be worth it, there's just not that many games in this genre.

6. Zero Time Dilemma.
Big fan of VN's and the Zero Escape series in general so this is a must play for me. Can't wait to see the crazy twists and turns they come up with this time.

7. Danganronpa V3.
Again, big fan of the previous 2 games (I even liked UDG), so this is a must-play.

8. No Man's Sky.
Still very sceptical of this, I just don't think the game'll provide much in the way of diversity. It looks to have a whole bunch of different stuff with not much meat to it and most planets I've seen look and feel similar to all the others. It'll get old sooner than I'd like it to I'm sure, but even so, the sheer scope and ambition is something to applaud and I'm definitly gonna play it to really be able to make an informed opinion. If they pull it off then I'll gladly eat crow.

9. Dark Souls 3.
There's no doubt the game's gonna be good, but there's this creeping feeling that this one is just one too many. A quality game is a quality game of course, but you can only really take so many of the same game in so many years before it gets stale. This is no Assassin's Creed or Far Cry though, so I'm sure it'll surprise and delight even if we kinda know what we're in for.

10. Uncharted 4.
Looking fantastic from what we've seen. I love the characters and story telling in Uncharted, but ultimately it is what it is: a rollercoaster. Fun while you're in it, but for the real depth you're probably better off elsewhere. Still, it's good that these games exist, because none do it better than Uncharted and the fun factor is always high which is of course the reason why we even play videogames.

DarkTom

1. Mass Effect Andromeda
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
3. Uncharted 4
4. Unravel
5. Ratchet & Clank
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4
8. The Last Guardian
9. Killer Instinct PC
10. Cuphead

mcfizzle4

1) Gran Turismo Sport: my favorite series
2) Uncharted 4
3) Gravity Rush 2: loved the first and this looks so much better
4) Don't Starve: Together: Console Edition Couch Co-op with the wife!
5) Gravity Rush: Remastered Yes, please
6) Final Fantasy VII: Remake
7) The Last Guardian
8) Dark Souls 3
9) No Man's Sky
10) Horizon: Zero Dawn

1. Dark Souls III
2. Dishonored 2
3. Deus Ex: MD
4. XCOM 2
5. Halo Wars 2
6. Quantum Break

Can't really think of any other ones right now...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
1. Dirt rally (console): feels like its been ages since we've had a good rally game and even longer since there has been a good sim (rbr). This looks to easily take the crown as my favorite racer ever and I'll get to play it in 2016.
2. Mirrors edge
3. Quantum break: all the remedy style, story, and gameplay I can handle.
4. Deus ex
5. Halo wars 2
6. Below
7. Sea of thieves
8. Mass Effect Andromeda
9. Scalebound
10. recore: i guess

xPhinehas

1) Uncharted 4

2) Dark Souls III

3) The Division

4) Horizon: Zero Dawn

5) Nioh

6) No Man's Sky

7) The Last Guardian

8) Final Fantasy XV

9) Mass Effect: Andromeda

10) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

NeatoKuni

1. Persona 5 - Persona is my favorite game series, P5 looks insane, it's gonna be my first mainline "at-launch" Persona game and I'm so pumped to experience it with everyone at the same time!

2. Danganronpa 3 - Danganronpa came out of nowhere. It's the only visual novel series I've been able to play through without ever losing interest. Pumped to see where it goes.

3. Dishonored 2 - Dishonored was my GOTY when it was released. One of my favorite FPS games of all time. The lore in the game is just so interesting and the gameplay is amazing.

4. Final Fantasy XV
- It's Final Fantasy XV. I loved Duscae
no matter how broken 2.0 was

5. Telltale Games: Batman Series - I just recently (about a week ago) gotten into Gotham. I hate superhero stuff but I'm in love with the show. Because of this I'm pumped to see what they can do. I usually play every Telltale game even if I don't like the source material anyway
example: Minecraft

6. Gravity Rush Remastered - Loved what I played of the PS Vita version. Never got to finish it for whatever reason. Hyped to visit the game again.

7. Firewatch - Loved what I seen of it at E3. I'm planning to go in blind from this point forward.

8. Hatsune Miku Project Diva X - I'm a huge Vocaloid fan. I always buy the Miku games on Vita. I'm hoping they fix the mistake in gameplay that they made in F 2nd

9. Heavy Rain - I adored it on PS3, can't wait to replay it!

10. The Last Guardian - The giant bird-dog thing is cute. Let's go.

1. Fire Emblem Fates
2. Dark Souls III
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Persona 5
5. XCOM 2
6. Uncharted 4
7. Zelda Wii U
8. Bravely Second: End Layer
9. Genei Ibun Roku X FE
10. Horizon Zero Dawn

1. Uncharted 4
2. The Last Guardian
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
6. Dark Souls 3
7. Alienation (Housemarque)
8. Nier Automata
9. No Man's Sky
10. Persona 5

hew9753

1. Dark Souls 3
2. Uncharted 4
3. Dishonored 2
4. No Man's Sky
5. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
6. Firewatch
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn

kosmologi

yqU8iX4.jpg

1: Mass Effect: Andromeda: Mass Effect 3 was a disappointment, but that speaks more about the quality of the original trilogy as a whole than ME3. Andromeda will most likely be an evolution of ME3's formula, even though BioWare is advertising its exploration focus. After all, it's BioWare in space, and that's what matters.

2. Deus Ex Mankind Divided: Human Revolution was a great game and I expect nothing less from Mankind Divided. What we've seen and heard from it so far is very promising.

3. Halo Wars 2: A sequel to the decent game and great story that was Halo Wars. This time it's made by Creative Assembly instead of the late Ensemble Studios.

4. Uncharted 4: Personally I would have been fine with Uncharted 3 being the last game of the franchise, but what we have seen so far from Thief's End suggests it might be the best Uncharted yet. The thing keeping it from being higher on my list is the absence of Amy Hennig.

5. Horizon Zero Dawn: Guerrilla's long awaited departure from Killzone.

6. Doom: It's Doom. Looks great and hopefully plays like a classic shooter.

SomTervo

1. The Last Guardian : It's not really my most anticipated, but Shadow of the Colossus was such a formative experience for me, and I respect Ueda so much, that it deserves to be put at my #1.

2. Uncharted 4 : I think this is actually my most anticipated game - but everyone will say it! I personally believe UC4 is going to be a bit of a game-changer. #It has multiple routes through levels; #It has dialogue choices; #It has bleeding-edge animations; #They have added a suite of new mechanics/systems – those four aspects are essentially fixing the only criticisms people have of Uncharted 1-3: being linear, repetitive shooters. UC4 looks broader, more complex, and more deep than ever before. Plus, same creative team as Uncharted 2 and TLoU, so we already have a winner.

3. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : Literally my only complaint about Mirror's Edge 1 was that it wasn't open world. When they first announced the game, they suggested it would be, so I got insanely hyped about the prospect. Part of the art of parkour is plotting your routes - not just following them. But sure enough, the more they spoke about it, the clearer it became that this wasn't the case. So when they announced a sequel, and that it would be open world, I became insanely hyped. I still am.

4. Mass Effect Andromeda : I loved Mass Effect 1, and while 2 and 3 were great, they never captured that sense of discovery or adventure in the same way. Andromeda sounds like it's returning to the series' classic sci-fi roots. I can't wait.

5. No Man's Sky : I don't just love the idea of a near-infinite tautly--procedurally galaxy to explore - I love that it will be easy to play. I love Elite Dangerous and X2 and other space sims, but they all need a big time investment to truly enjoy, because they are relatively complex and deep. I love that No Man's Sky looks simple and accessible. (Also I personally believe they're holding back on revealing a lot of the game's content; I think people are going to discover a lot of cool shit in the game on release day).

6. Quantum Break : If Alan Wake had never happened, this would be #1 on my list. Max Payne 2 is on my top 5 list of favourite games ever. However, Remedy disappointed with Alan Wake – it was still a good game, but not even in the same class as MP1 or 2. Quantum Break looks like it has a lot more going for it, so I'm hopeful. I'll probably be buying an Xbox One for it.

7. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : pity about the Thief "reboot", which I enjoyed, but it was clearly fraught with development challenges. So I'm hoping Eidos M are back in familiar territory to make MD. If they can make a game better than Human Revolution, we'll have a game practically as good as the original Deus Ex. That's food for thought.

8. Persona 5 : I've only really dipped my toes into Persona 3, and haven't even touched Persona 4, but it's clearly a special series and what I've seen of P5 looks great.

9. Crackdown 3 : Not got huge hopes for this, but if they pull off the cloud-assisted destruction system... The sky might just be the limit.

10. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) : I'll be buying a Wii U for this if I don't have one by then.

Non-ranked: Cyberpunk 2077 would be near the top of the list if that rumour about CDPR aiming for 2016 release is true.

Non-ranked: Dark Souls 3 will no doubt me a masterpiece, but I have had more than enough Souls for my lifetime.

Non-ranked: Horizon: Zero Dawn looks super promising, but I don't have faith they can pull it off.

anderedna

1. Persona 5 - Winter 2014, here we go
2. Valkyria Chronicle Remaster - Triple dipping, no regrets
3. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II - Xanadu next
4. Digimon Cyber Sleuth
5. Megadimension Neptunia VII II - Nep Nep
6. Final Fantasy Setsuna - Old school JRPG
7. World of Final Fantasy
8. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
9. Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force - Bought and played PS3, will buy this version as well.
10. Valkyria: Azure Revolution

Extras:
- Ys 8
- Demon Gaze 2
- Gravity Rush 2
- Gravity Rush HD - Cross buy from Vita version?
- Nier Automata
- Final Fantasy XV
- Final Fantasy VIIR - Book 1, Chapter 1

1. FF XV: always hyped for a new mainline FF, even after XIII. Liked Duscae, game looks huge, Tabata hitting the right notes for me.
2. Persona 5: 4 is one of my all time favorites
3. Ni No Kuni 2: loved the original, even with combat jank. Captures the spirit and charm of old jRPGs for me better than just about anything else out there.
4. Nier: Automata: enjoyed everything about the original, with Platinum gameplay could be even better.
5. TLG: been in the oven forever, but I really like the animal training aspect (if that's still meaningfully in there)
6. Trails of Cold Steel 2: This is a late addition, as I'm still in the middle of ToCS 1, but boy does it have its hooks in me.
7. Deus Ex MD: HR was a surprise hit for me, not particularly liking first person games or wRPGs.
8. Bravely Second: have heard it's not as good as the first, but still onboard for snappy job-driven RPG battle
9. Setsuna: love the idea of lower budget return to classic style games from SE
10. Gravity Rush 2: no vita, but always wanted to play the first, aesthetic and movement flow seem fantastic

This coming year looks bananas so far. Didn't list it as an expansion, but Witcher 3 Blood and Wine expansion would also be in my top five. Bunch of other games I'm interested in too, but the above list is probably 400+ hours of play, which will probably cover me!

Edit: had to bump DQ11 to add Trails of Cold Steel 2.

Top Bottom