• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Games of 2017

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Dragon Quest XI
3. Hitman Season 2
4. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
6. Nier: Automata
7. Nioh
8. Horizon Zero Dawn

Only 8 games for me. The Switch event which will probably greatly change the list. It is a shame that we can't wait that long.

SeanNoonan

Is it cheating to say your own game ;)?

I kid.

1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Resident Evil VII
3. Wipeout Omega Collection
4. Ghost Recon: Wildlands
5. Oddworld Soulstorm
6. Star Wars: Battlefront 2
7. For Honor
8. Red Dead Redemption 2

Planet

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
  2. Resident Evil 7
  3. Farpoint
  4. WipEout Omega Collection
  5. Gravity Rush 2
  6. Tekken 7
  7. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  8. Red Dead Redemption 2
  9. Statik: Institute of Retention
  10. Star Trek: Bridge Crew

Crixus

1. Sea Of Thieves
2. Styx Shards of Darkness
3. Syberia 3
4. The Guild 3
5. Kingdom Come Deliverance
6. Mass Effect Andromeda
7. Oddworld Soulstorm
8. Ghost Recon Wildlands
9. Elex
10. Prey

1. The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild: Zelda is my favorite franchise. It's been five long years since Skyward Sword and finally the new Zelda is on the horizon. I'm sick and tired of open world games but I will keep an open mind and I am eager to see what the Zelda team does with the concept. I hope this game will respect my time more than other open world games.

2. Nier: Automata: I loved the first game, but it was a bit lacking in the gameplay department. With Platinum now developing the sequel I expect a massive improvement.

3. Nioh: At times, it looks a bit too shamelessly "inspired" by the Souls series, it reminds me a lot of Demon's Souls especially. With the Souls series seemingly being retired by From Software, I am excited for this game, which looks like it could fill that void. The game looks great and I hope it will find its own identity despite the obvious inspiration.

1. Mass Effect Andromeda
2. Elite Dangerous (PS4)
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. Prey
6. Resident Evil 7
7. Days Gone
8. Agents of Mayhem
9. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
10. Dreadnought (PS4)

Basically I just love Space Sci-Fi so of course Andromeda and the PS4 re-release of Elite is on here. Horizon is on here because of Robot Dinosaurs. Red Dead is a given, and while I love hating on Bethesda due to what happened with Prey 2, what I've seen on Prey is looking pretty good and the alien disguise feature will keep me on my tows. Resident Evil 7 so far looks to be a very far departure from the hammer the buttons, and whiggle the sticks that was 6, and the demo kept me interested in this for more than the P.T. reason. Days Gone reminds me of the Last of Us, but more action oriented so I have my eye on it because I liked TLOU. Agents of Mayhem is from the makers of Saints Row, so obviously they have my curiosity so far. As a FF fan, FFXII is on my list, but as I haven't played the original one I don't know if I would like it yet. The PS4 re-release of Dreadnought is an arena shooter MP game with big frickin' space-ships, but lack of SP has it lower on my list.

JimiNutz

Banned
1. Horizon: Zero Dawn - Every gameplay video looks fun, graphics are amazing, robot dinosaurs!!!

2. Resident Evil 7 - RE is one of my favourite series but I completely skipped 6. Like that they're trying something new and excited to play in VR.

3. Yakuza 0 - Always wanted to get into the series but never had the opportunity. Excited to finally have a go.

4. Crackdown 3 - The first game was one of my favourites last gen and I like the destruction idea. Would be higher on the list if we'd seen more of it.

5. Cuphead - Was instantly drawn to it the moment I first laid eyes on it. Seems like we've been waiting a long time for this game!

6. Gravity Rush 2 - Haven't played the original yet but the sequel looks amazing.

7. Sonic Mania - Sonic was my favourite series as a child. Will be good to have a new 'real' Sonic game to play.

8. Scalebound - Looked rough last time it was shown but its Platinum and I expect the final product to deliver. Could end up being amazing.

9. Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite - I'm terrible at fighting games but like Spider-Man so am excited to play as him.

10. Halo Wars 2 - Never tried an RTS and excited to try the genre for the first time. I'm also a fan on the Halo franchise which helps increase the hype.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
1. Mass Effect Andromeda
2. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
3. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Star Wars: Battlefront 2
6. Yooka-Laylee
7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
8. Gran Turismo Sport
9. For Honor
10. Red Dead Redemption 2

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Mass Effect: Andromeda
4. Crash Bandicoot: N-sane Trilogy
5. Horizon Zero Dawn

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
2. For Honor
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
5. Scalebound
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Final Fantasy XII Remaster

The last 3 are games I can't talk about yet... and they likely would be higher on my list too

dracula_x

1. WipEout Omega Collection
2. Resident Evil 7
3. Tekken 7
4. Sonic Mania
5. Gran Turismo Sport
6. For Honor
7. Oddworld Soulstorm
8. PaRappa the Rapper Remastered
9. Horizon Zero Dawn
10. Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice

1. Granturismo Sport
2. Red dead Redemption
3. Uncharted The lost legacy
5. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
6. Wipeout Omega collection

ZombAid82

1. The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild;
2. Persona 5;
3. South Park: The Fractured But Whole;
4. Nier: Automata: It's Platinum, Baby!;
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn;
6. Gravity Rush 2;
7. Scalebound;
8. Cuphead
9. Resident Evil 7: Just curious where it goes from the 6th onward, not really interested in the Game itself.
10. Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite

Edit:
Persona 5 from third to second because JAPANESE DUB!!!!
Didn't hear before, but thank you Jachaos for the Head's up!

chrixter

Super Mario Switch is my real #1. Otherwise:

1. Persona 5: Looking forward to finally seeing if this joins Persona 4 as one of my absolute favorites.
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Hard not to be hyped for a Zelda game, especially one promising such a radical shake-up of the series' formula.
  3. Nier: Automata: The combat looks fantastic, and that's really all I ask for from a Platinum game. I don't know much about Nier but hopefully there isn't too much baggage there to get in the way of the action.
  4. Prey: This could be incredible if Arkane's second studio can live up to the standard set by the Dishonored team.
  5. Horizon: Zero Dawn: Hopefully it's as fun and as polished as it's looked in everything we've seen so far.
  6. Tales of Berseria: Ever since Vesperia I've been itching to play another Tales game, but none have really grabbed my interest until Berseria.
  7. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony: Sure, I'm down for another murderous visual novel with some wacky characters. Minigames that aren't terrible, though, please?
  8. Cuphead: I'm in for the striking art style and some challenging boss fights. Not as excited about the rough-looking platforming stages that have been shown more recently.
  9. Sonic Mania: As much as I enjoyed Sonic on the Genesis (though certainly not since), I don't think that style of platforming holds up anymore. Curious if this will prove me wrong.

moozoom

1) Zelda - Breath of the Wild
Looks like a mix of everything I usually like about Zelda with a big interactive world to explore and many surprising changes to the basic formula. Love the art and the expressiveness of Link and the different approach you can have to solve encounters and puzzles.

2) Nier - Automata
This looks incredible - From the design of the characters to the mix of Action and Shoot'em up gameplay. But what ultimately sold me on it was the pig riding of the last video I saw.

3) Dragon Quest VIII (3DS)
I almost only play on 3DS these days - so I will be able to finish this game finally. Improved loading and a few additions makes this a must have.

4) Gravity Rush 2
Still have to play the remaster of the 1st one, but this looks like a major improvement on all fronts. They nailed the Studio 4c aesthetic, and made a videogame out of it.

5) Night in the Woods
Wonderful art. After playing "Lost Constellation" i can't wait for more.

1. Trails in the sky the 3rd
2. Nier: Automata
3. Zelda Breath of the wild
4. Fata Morgana Another episode
5. Kamio Recoil
6. Dies Irae
7. 13 Sentinels
8. Muv luv Alternative
9. Agony
10. Lady Layton

bombshell

2. For Honor
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Scalebound
6. Horizon Zero Dawn

The last 3 are games I can't talk about yet... and they likely would be higher on my list too

You tease!

1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. Gravity Rush 2
5. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
6. Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy
7. Persona 5
8. Uncharted The Lost Legacy
9. Cosmic Star Heroine
10. Nioh

AniHawk

1. the legend of zelda: breath of the wild ; in terms of scope, it feels like the honest-to-god successor to ocarina of time.

2. sonic mania ; hey this looks like a rad 2d sonic game. let us all rejoice.

3. resident evil vii biohazard ; really, after zelda, there's nothing that really jumps out at me, but re7's location and tone is the sort of thing i like in a horror game.

4. horizon: zero dawn ; i'm sort of doubling up on these open-world games right away. i dig the time and strategy it takes to bring down the mechanical dudes. i'm a bit worried about it becoming repetitive though.

5. danganronpa v3: killing harmony ; i'm all for a good vn after ztd. i haven't watched danganronpa 3 so i'm a little worried, but i'm pretty sure the core game will work as well as the other two main games.

6. dragon quest xi ; i have dq iv - vii to get through so maybe i shouldn't expect this right away. both versions of the game seem awesome too. it's going to be a hard choice between them.

7. final fantasy xii: the zodiac age ; aw hell why not. i wound up loving it the first time and i'd like to give this one a shot without me being a little shit about it for the first half of the game.

i guess that's it for now. sorta/kinda interested in persona 5 but i played tokyo mirage sessions this year and i might be a little persona'd out for the time being.

AniHawk

2. For Honor
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Scalebound
6. Horizon Zero Dawn

oh yeah? well i have two games that you don't know about that i'd put on my list.

Paganmoon

1. Horizon Zero Dawn : Stunning vistas alone seem to be enough to warrant a purchase for me.
2. Fallout 4 VR : The base game was rightfully criticized for being a very basic -at best- RPG, but imagining being able to explore the world in VR gives me goosebumps (This is indicated as a full release and not an expansion for the base game, also H1 2017)
3. Budget Cuts : Another VR game, the demo was mindblowing.
4. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Uncharted Lost Legacy
6. Star Trek Bridge Crew
7. Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice
8. Vampyr

Every other game sems to have a subtitle nowdays, so as to conform to the rules in the OP, I've written them without the colon separating the subtitle from the title.

3 of the games on my list were on my list last year as well (Horizon, ME:A and Hellblade), lets so which of this years list will be delayed till 2018.

1: Red Dead Redemption 2
Read Dead Redemption is probably my favorite game of all time the fun I had so much fun online and in single player, Rockstar hands down make the best games IMO the attention to detail and care taken is amazing and shines through, I truely can not wait.
2: South Park: The Fractured But Whole
This is a double wammy loved the orginal but messed up my trophy run and other games came along so stranded on my disconnected PS3 so never finished it, can not wait to play both the games on PS4 they are the funniest games ever IMO, and just effectively South Park film series.
3: Horizon Zero Dawn
This game just looks amazing, I love RPG like Far Cry etc and this looks like a really deep version with great gameplay. They had me at robot Dinasours
4: Star Wars Battlefront 2
Hopefully there is some singleplayer this time but by orginal was far the longest I have put into a shooter multiplayer in a long time, just so authentic star wars and loved the objective modes, just wish it have co-op like the old games if thats announced would jump to number 2 I think.
5: Rainbow Skies
A deep RPG on Vita I can sink 100 hours into, yes please the orginal was great and I platted it. This looks even better really looking forward to it.
6: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
VR VR VR! this will scare the shit out of me and probably make me sick but the 1st Long Full Single focus VR (I still love you until dawn but a bit too short) game so got to be hyped and glad it is going back to it's roots and away from being an action shooter, shame i doubt there will be co-op really enjoyed split screen back in the day.
7: Zelda: Breath of the Wild
If the switch does not have any major issues this will make me get one being able to play an fully fledged modern Zelda on the train, yes please. If switch has issues it's a shame as may never get to this sure as hell not getting a wii U now even though i know it has great games i have missed the boat i feel.
8: What Remains of Edith Finch
Everybody has gone to the rapture was brilliant, this looks super cool too.
9: Cosmic Star Heroine
On Vita and Colin Moriarty swears by it so enough for me.
10: Crash Bandicoot: N-sane Trilogy
Need to see what Tim Getty loves so much as missed these the 1st time round as was a Nintendo kid then. Looks like they are being lovingly remasted so thats pretty cool

dealer-

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Pyre
3. Resident Evil 7
4. Prey
5. Persona 5
6. Nidhogg 2
7. Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy
8. Nioh
9. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
10. Vampyr

LGom09

3. Nex Machina
4. Scalebound
5. Wipeout Omega Collection
6. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
7. Nioh
8. Ni No Kuni II
9. Horizon: Zero Dawn
10. For Honor

Xord

1. Nier: Automata
2. Persona 5
3. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
4. Tales of Berseria
5. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
6. Yooka-Laylee
7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
8. Yakuza 0
9. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
10. Gravity Rush 2

Frobary

1. Scalebound
2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Sea of Thieves
5. Cuphead
6. Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
7. Detroit: Become Human
8. Ghost Recon: Wildlands
9. Halo Wars 2
10. Resident Evil 7

bltn

1. Red Dead Redemption 2
2. The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. Nioh
5. Sea of Thieves

I know my games won't make the cut, but I'm voting anyway :)

1. DanganRonpa V3: Killing Harmony

Between Another Episode and the Anime I really wasn't that hyped for this, but the recent trailer; character reveals and just generally seeing the class trials again and the thought of playing again with trapped students killing each other just pulled me right back in. I love this franchise in spite of its mis-steps, and I hope this is a return to form.

2. Tokyo Xanadu

Falcom always deliver and a mix between Ys and Legend of Heroes is exactly what I'd love to try from them. Setting sounds like my kind of thing; combat looks fast and fun and I can't wait to play it.

3. WipEout Omega Collection

Just like DanganRonpa, in theory I wasn't that hyped for this one.in theory because it's just the tracks from the games I've already played. But then I watched the trailer; thought about it and thought "I love WipEout, it's like my favourite franchise ever" and then it was an easy

4. Collar x Malice

I've a newfound love for visual novels thanks to my Vita and something I wasn't expecting to enjoy was otome. Code;Realize taught me that they can still having thrilling, suspense-laden stories and Collar x Malice looks like a continuation of this design. I'm really looking forward to it.

5. Drift Stage

It takes quite a lot to get me excited for racing games these days, they've become to simmy for me. But a drift-focused; arcade-designed; gorgeous looking title like this with a banging soundtrack has my attention. Even if the Vita version gets skipped, I'll still try this out wherever it lands. Now if only Power Drive 2000 could have a release window.

6. Katana Zero

Something about this game just absolutely clicks with me. The aesthetic; the music; the movement - I can't wait to go high score chasing in this one and exploring its beautiful world.

7. Atelier Firis

What can I say? I'm a sucker for this franchise. The larger fields and focus on exploration make this one even more appealing for me.

Melchiah

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. WipEout Omega Collection
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
5. What Remains of Edith Finch
6. Vampyr
7. Call of Cthulhu
8. Little Nightmares
9. Resident Evil VII
10. Redout

Honorable mention:
The Sinking City (in case it reaches 2017)

Ronghar

Neo Member
1. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
2. Mass Effect Andromeda
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Final Fantasy XII Remaster
5. Final Fantasy XV PC
6. Nier: Automata
7. Persona 5
8. Kingdom Hearts 3

BY2K

Membero Americo
2. For Honor
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Scalebound
6. Horizon Zero Dawn

O3aEk7v.png

Urthor

1. Torment: Tides of Numenera

2. Torment: Tides of Numenera

3. Torment: Tides of Numenera

4. Torment: Tides of Numenera

5. Torment: Tides of Numenera

6. Dishonored 2
7. Forza Horizons 3
8. Nier: Automata
9. Watch Dogs 2
10. Mass Effect Andromeda

I'd like to play last years games patched so they actually fucking work after they sold them to me broken plzthxty

Matsukaze

1. Persona 5: SMT/Persona is my favorite series. I, and many others, have been waiting years to get our hands on what we all knew would be a masterpiece. P4G is my favorite game of all time and from what I've heard from those who have played the Japanese version, P5 surpasses it. I need this game.
2. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard: As someone who isn't fond of RE6, I was intrigued when Capcom indicated they were rethinking their approach to the Resident Evil series. As soon as I saw what they had in store for RE7, I was hooked. I really appreciate the tone and atmosphere they're going for and I'm confident they can execute a game that hearkens to the feel of the older RE games while injecting fresh life into the series.
3. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony: Danganronpa was one of the first games I played on the Vita. I went into it thinking to myself "Better keep my expectations low". Despite its flaws, the game really drew me in and by the end, I loved it. I expect that V3, being a departure from the stories of the first two games, is going to really rewarding.
4. Nioh: Dark Souls meets Japan is a match made in heaven for me. Of all the possible settings that one could use for a Souls-like game, this is one of the choices that makes the most sense. I'm also pleased that Team Ninja seems to be taking the demo feedback seriously to enhance the quality and experience.
5. Nier Automata: The first Nier was one of those gaming experiences where I went into it not having a clue what to expect. What I found was a very fun game that kept me hooked for ages. Nier Automata looks like a more polished, dynamic successor, as it should be, so I'm hyped.
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn: The concept looks interesting, the environment and setting look interesting, the design looks lovely. Not much more to say, really. I'm pretty curious about what surprises this game can offer and I would love to see it succeed.
7. Gravity Rush 2: Here's a game I expect will be fantastic but won't be sufficiently praised. GR2 seems to be positioning itself as an all-around improvement over the first game. I think this one is destined to be a winner and I'm eager to see what's new.
8. Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite: Honestly, we barely know anything about Infinite but it has me pumped. I realize that this game could very well end up being a personal dud depending on the roster and mechanics, but I really liked MvC3 despite it being an unbalanced mess. Few game announcements in recent memory have gotten me as instantly hyped as this one, so it needs a spot on this list.
9. Yakuza 0: I'm by no means a Yakuza expert, but my interest in the series has grown and Yakuza 0 seems like it's going to be right up my alley.
10. Mass Effect: Andromeda: After the debacle with ME3, I expect that the story is going to be picked over with a fine tooth comb to make sure there aren't any bumps that derail the experience. Granted, it would be quite a feat to make a serious blunder like ME3's ending, so I'm expecting that Andromeda will take every past lesson to heart.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : I mean, come on, it's Zelda! Most anticipated game since E3. Everything about it looked stunning, and I can't wait to get my hands on it along with a Switch.

2. Red Dead Redemption 2 : Follow up to the best game of the previous generation? Sign me the fuck up. Rockstar always make quality games, and I really dig the western setting

3. Horizon: Zero Dawn : Love everything I have seen about this. The setting and aesthetic look brilliant, with some pretty stunning graphics. And the best part? It's out really soon!

4. South Park: The Fractured But Whole : First one may have had it's issues but the story and VA were incredible. Plus it really nailed the look and feel of being one massive episode of the show, and I can't wait to see how the second entry goes.

5. Ni No Kuni II : The first oozes charm. Love the old fashioned JRPG trappings, and of course the art direction and graphics. I expect this to exceed the first in every way!

6. God of War : Wasn't a massive fan of the first 3, but the gameplay trailers that have been released for this look really great. The slower pace, weightier combat, and what looks to be a story with some emotional beats look really great.

7. Yooka-Laylee : Day 1 backer. Loved Banjo 1 and 2 as a kid, and not played a collectathon in years. The art direction and cartoon graphics look fantastic.

8. Mass Effect Andromeda : Looks to fix a lot of what went wrong story wise in the third installment, they certainly won't be making the same mistakes. Really enjoyed the trilogy so looking forward to this.

9. For Honor : This is a bit of a punt to be honest. The gameplay trailers look really good, the combat and world/setting they have put together are really interesting. Definitely anticipating.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : Come on, its an open world Zelda. Just what every fan wanted!!!!
2. Mass Effect Andromeda : This game made me go back and finish ME 2 and 3, I am so hyped for this!!!

This is basically the only two games I will be playing in 2017 (along with other Switch games). I still have so many games from 2015 and 2016 to finish!!!

1. Persona 5
2. Danganronpa V3
3. Wipeout Omega Collection
5. Tokyo Xanadu
6. Gravity Rush 2
7. Nier: Automata
8. Battletech

Mdk7

erzYp8F.jpg

1. NiOh : I think I've spent around 50 hours on the two demos alone. 50 hours. Yup, that's more than the average time I spent with 99% of the games I play. And I treasured every single moment I spent dying in this incredible soulslike: a game that will not only probably mark the comeback of Team Ninja (after the downfall of Ninja Gaiden 3 and Yaiba) but that will also be much more than an imitation of what From Software does. Of course the inspiration is undeniably there, but the combat to me felt perfect, way more interesting than any Souls ever. Yup, I said it. Do not disappoint me (again) Team Ninja!

Rx7gDz2.jpg

2. Cuphead : I've been a fan of Cuphead the second I saw the very first picture of it, I mean the idea of a game with that kind of art direction is stunning and the execution is even more incredible. The fact that the game not only looks like nothing else, but that it also plays like a dream - I've played it four time throughout the years and every single time I couldn't put the controller down - is making the wait so hard to bear. Just give it to me, Microsoft! Potential GOTY 2017 here, for me.

BuRzEyv.jpg

3. Resident Evil 7 : despite being a longtime fan, the latest entries in the Resident Evil franchise disappointed me so much I frankly stopped caring about the saga. Resident Evil 7 is exactly what I needed to get back on board: the premise sounds amazing and I applaud this new take on the series (a lot closer to its original horror roots). The demo felt simply PERFECT to me - it almost gave me a heart attack with PSVR! - and next January 24th can't come soon enough, as I really want to unravel all the mysteries behind the Bakers. Will this be the long awaited return of the king? I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I am pretty confident Capcom is hitting all the right spots.

eib7xD3.jpg

4. Horizon: Zero Dawn : a game with stellar art direction that features (cyber) dinosaurs. Should I really add something more?

DAKsiSo.jpg

5. For Honor : Jason Vandenberghe is, along with Yoshida, my favorite person in the whole gaming industry. He's an icon, a friend and a badass designer: I've always been a fan of his work on Red Steel 2, and I know this game is for me (or at least that's what he told me, LOL). Joking aside, I played the Alpha on PS4 and I enjoyed every single moment I spent with it: the combat system is solid, the art direction is good, the sense of impact of the weapons is thrilling and there's always this amazing tension when battling someone face to face with a sword in your hand. It's gonna be a bloody Valentine's day, fuck yeah.

MTGRPDs.jpg

6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : I was definitely fascinated by Breath of the Wild at last E3, even if at the same time I was also a bit worried about the framerate and the performance in general. I hope that the game runs (a lot) better on Switch - where I'll definitely be playing it - and I can't wait to jump into Hyrule again, even more considering that this time the series truly seems ready for a fresh restart.

0ogDlcy.jpg

7. Nier: Automata : never played the original, but now that PlatinumGames is involved, I'm all in. I'm just a sucker for action games, they are the best in the world at that... so IN MY VEINS, pretty please.

QG17cvA.jpg

8. Mass Effect: Andromeda : I've always enjoyed Mass Effect (even if I never actually beat the third one and the original still remains my favorite...), and I absolutely down for some more interstellar trips and alien interactions, despite not being too hyped about this new chapter. Just let me have a Krogan always at my side, please.

Hi6bpJQ.jpg

9. GNOG : a quirky indie game I discovered by pure chance at last E3, and one that I instantly fell in love with. It's based on Mighty Max (yup, the 90s toys!), it's published by Double Fine, and it supports PSVR. The point? You have these weird looking monster heads in front of you that are de facto very obscure puzzles: there won't be text indications, you'll just need to figure out out to solve them and sort of crack them open, immersed in a crazy world of vibrant colors and strange sounds.

GkKAzj9.jpg

10. Little Nightmares : I've always been a fan of narrative platformers such as Limbo or Unravel, and this game by Tarsier Studios has been under my radar since its original unveiling, when it was still called "Hunger". I am sincerely loving the eerie vibe, the twisted atmosphere and the fascinatingly dark art direction: I really want to get my hands on it, as I think there's a lot of potential here.

1. Persona 5
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Tekken 7
4. Resident Evil 7
5. Yakuza 0
6. Mass Effect Andromeda
7. Ghost Recon
8. Sonic Mania
9. Constructor
10. Crash Bandicoot remake

Vuze

1. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Lego City Undercover
4. Styx: Shards of Darkness
5. Sniper Elite 4
6. Dauntless
7. Monster Hunter XX (if it releases on Switch and the console is region-free)

Xando

1. Mass Effect Andromeda
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. South Park: the Fractured But Whole
5. Persona 5
6. Crash Bandicoot: n-sane trilogy
7. Crackdown 3
8. Yakuza 0
9. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Top Bottom