• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Windows/iOS/Android Homescreen Thread (Q4 2012 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTowel

Wallpaper, please.

Sure. Taken with the phone, too.

IJFRT.jpg

xJavonta

Banned
Windows 8

It's really not bad. I dont understand the hate.

It's wonderful, and the hate is slowly dying down. People just needed to give it a chance rather than slam it for being different. Also, multiple monitor stuff in Windows 8 is a million times better than Windows 7.

Tess3ract

Banned
It's wonderful, and the hate is slowly dying down. People just needed to give it a chance rather than slam it for being different. Also, multiple monitor stuff in Windows 8 is a million times better than Windows 7.
I have DisplayFusion so...what exactly is better?

toon_link

Yeah I'm really liking it. Haven't had the chance to try out multi-monitor setup though. I'll probably give it a shot when I go home for thanksgiving.

toon_link

I haven't the slightest, Windows 7 refuses to group an open window with the pinned one there.

EDIT: Many times. It's infuriating, Quick.
I wish I could help, but I cant replicate the problem
I found this online though, maybe give it a shot
1. Start Google Chrome (this creates a "new" taskbar icon)
2. Right click on the "new" icon and select "Pin this program to taskbar"
3. Go to: C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar
4. You will see the two pinned "Google Chrome.lnk" here. Delete the "Google Chrome.lnk"
5. Make "Google Chrome (1).lnk" readonly: Right Click -> Properties -> General tab -> tick Read-only -> Click OK
Also this program might help (I've never used it) but it seems promising
7+ Taskbar Tweaker

Threi

notag
How my Win8 looks now:

source
(my metro start screen is pretty basic and straightforward. I chose not to customize it with OblyTile because I felt it's not worth the effort at all.)

xJavonta

Banned
How do you guys arrange and organize your icons on your iPhones? I just got mine and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get a proper layout or organizational pattern for my apps in comparison to my iPad.

Quick

Banned
How do you guys arrange and organize your icons on your iPhones? I just got mine and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get a proper layout or organizational pattern for my apps in comparison to my iPad.

I have my most-used apps on the first page, other apps and folders in the second page.

And as stupid as it may sound, I have Camera+ and Camera on the top right corner because it's easy for my thumb to tap there for quick photo taking.

VoxPop

Anyone know where I could possibly get my hands on this wallpaper?

nexusae0_wm_IMG_5100_thumb.jpg

Haven't had much time to change too much from my previous layout. Might have to start making my own wallpapers and icons due to the limitations of using other people's hard work

OSX said:

don't know what those weird white lines are in the snapshot o_O

PC said:

Steam Grid said:

I've made 25 or so Capcom wallpapers, Im a massive fan. 90% of them are cool, a few are fucking terrible. I use the 10 second fade transition thing so it looks like just the inside of the word is changing.

I have also made Sega ones in the exact same style.

VoxPop

I've made 25 or so Capcom wallpapers, Im a massive fan. 90% of them are cool, a few are fucking terrible. I use the 10 second fade transition thing so it looks like just the inside of the word is changing.

I have also made Sega ones in the exact same style.

These look awesome. Too bad I have a real love/hate thing going on with capcom

Posted in the Windows 8 thread but seems appropriate here as well.

Tiles are made by me (takes about 1 minute per tile once I got the workflow down).

Background is a blurred and slightly darkened version of my Desktop wallpaper (looks very cool when you go from Desktop to Start screen) - achieved through Decor8.

start1.jpg

start2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom