• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Don't make me send guard dogs out on you guys LOL

Speaking of fan service she did a bandaged up rei photoshoot as well. Buuuut I'm sure most of you saw that already.

It's extra funny though cause she's a bashful and shy as hell person. You wouldn't be able to tell from all these though :p
How can you be her friend
How can I not? She's a fun person :p

6NMPO.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Don't make me send guard dogs out on you guys LOL

Speaking of fan service she did a bandaged up rei photoshoot as well. Buuuut I'm sure most of you saw that already.

It's extra funny though cause she's a bashful and shy as hell person. You wouldn't be able to tell from all these though :p

How can I not? She's a fun person :p

The way you're phrasing your posts is giving off some massive "friend zoned" vibes.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The way you're phrasing your posts is giving off some massive "friend zoned" vibes.

Can't be "friend zoned" if you never tried in the first place? I don't see her in that way. More like a cousin or something. Once again, guys and girls can be friends with out one or the other trying to get in their pants. I guess it could look like I have feelings for someone with the way I talk about them. But I generally feel close to a lot of people once I know them for an extended amount of time. Nothing to do with having feelings for them and such. :p

y2dvd

Yaya and Vampy's latest:

JUvwC.jpg

AmG7vuVCQAA2oiE.jpg:large

I met her this weekend at a convention. We were standing in line at Starbucks and...

Me: "Hi, you're that famous cosplayer right? Mind if we take a picture?"
Her: "Do you know my name?"
Me: "No, but I've seen your pic before haha!"
Her: "I don't take pics with people who don't know my name. Google me first and I'll think about taking one with you."
Me: "Are you serious? Do you know who I am? Ask a few people and maybe you'll want one with me instead." (I kinda blew up a little at this point lol)
Me: "Forget it then."

It was pretty funny because the other people in line where just watching silently. I later saw her sitting at a booth with flyers of herself which had her name on it. I just walked pass and didn't bother lol. XD

Tajin

Banned
I met her this weekend at a convention. We were standing in line at Starbucks and...

Her: "I don't take pics with people who don't know my name. Google me first and I'll think about taking one with you."
Me: "Are you serious? Do you know who I am? Ask a few people and maybe you'll want one with me instead." (I kinda blew up a little at this point lol)

It was pretty funny because the other people in line where just watching silently. I later saw her sitting at a booth with flyers of herself which had her name on it. I just walked pass and didn't bother lol. XD

Wow what a jerk. Some people in these sorts of hobbies are just so full of themselves.

Gomu Gomu

Haha, wtf?

obonicus

Which one, Yaya or Vampy? (It'd be kind of awesome if you had guessed the wrong one.)

Christ. What an ego.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Wtf...

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

Who was it? Yaya or the other girl? Ive met Yaya before and she was extremely nice.

y2dvd

Oh it was the first girl pictured, not the second one. What's the first girl's name since I never bothered to google it lol?

sleepykyo

If anything it should be in off-topic community. :p

Why isn't it in off-topic community?

Also, it doesn't seem that unreasonable to me to require that someone can name you or your works if they want an autograph or pic. Especially, if it is in line at Starbucks instead of the showfloor.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Also, it doesn't seem that unreasonable to me to require that someone can name you or your works if they want an autograph or pic. Especially, if it is in line at Starbucks instead of the showfloor.

No clue why it's not, but in other news this thread is almost 6 years old :)

y2dvd

I wouldn't have mind if she said it in a playful way. I wasn't trying to hit on her and I wasn't being a creep about it. It was just the way she responded, sounding all snotty about it. Even if she said, "I don't want to take a pic at a Starbucks line." I would've respected that, sure. But to say 'google me first!' is a big ego trip.

sleepykyo

I wouldn't have mind if she said it in a playful way. I wasn't trying to hit on her and I wasn't being a creep about it. It was just the way she responded, sounding all snotty about it. Even if she said, "I don't want to take a pic at a Starbucks line." I would've respected that, sure. But to say 'google me first!' is a big ego trip.

Fair enough. Google me does across kind of snotty.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Maybe she just ment it like, "if you are not a legit fan, I don't really wanna have to do this at this point in time" Still snotty but I can sorta understand it.

scy

Maybe she just ment it like, "if you are not a legit fan, I don't really wanna have to do this at this point in time" Still snotty but I can sorta understand it.

"At least know my name" sort of thing, I guess, instead of "oh wow, you're hot picturezplz?"

i dont know whats creepier, people judging how her breasts are, or the guys drooling over her on facebook.

for some grossly incandescent stuff
2Clg1.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
i dont know whats creepier, people judging how her breasts are, or the guys drooling over her on facebook.

All the above. I mean shit it's ok to make a note that they are attractive and so on. But going all out on the shit your perverted mind is thinking.... no one wants to read that shit. Oh well it's the internet people are "safe" to say stuff like that x.x

Also sunbros for life

mollipen

I think her response was pretty bitchy, but to be fair—when you open with "you're that famous cosplayer", it could come off as if you were only wanting her photo because you think she's famous (yet don't actually know who she is). Had you said, "hey, your outfit is amazing, can I take a photo?", then you're showing that you want the pic because you appreciate her work, not just because you think you met a "star" or something.

So, again, I don't like the way her response came off, but I can also maybe understand where she was coming from (if that was indeed why she reacted like that).

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
All the above. I mean shit it's ok to make a note that they are attractive and so on. But going all out on the shit your perverted mind is thinking.... no one wants to read that shit. Oh well it's the internet people are "safe" to say stuff like that x.x

Also sunbros for life

Whats even better is last thing I knew, her fiance was thinking of signing up for a GAF account. People need to lay off the creepy comments here.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The cross assault thread was pretty fucking bad as well. But that's getting off subject.

Well yeah. Id say that most nerds are well adjusted ... but not all of them.. This is an issue thats on GAF (any girl thread in OT) but in the internet in general.

Then again, when you seek out to be a really famous cosplayer, and she does, you have to take the good with the bad.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
The cross assault thread was pretty fucking bad as well. But that's getting off subject.

Hah. When he gets through account approval I'll need to remember to tell him to stay away from certain threads. I mean from talking with him, hes used to people being creepers about Jessica, but still.

y2dvd

I think her response was pretty bitchy, but to be fair—when you open with "you're that famous cosplayer", it could come off as if you were only wanting her photo because you think she's famous (yet don't actually know who she is). Had you said, "hey, your outfit is amazing, can I take a photo?", then you're showing that you want the pic because you appreciate her work, not just because you think you met a "star" or something.

So, again, I don't like the way her response came off, but I can also maybe understand where she was coming from (if that was indeed why she reacted like that).

Yeah, I could've said that but I would've been lying then lol. I've requested to take pictures of random cosplayers where I don't even know the name of the characters but I do recognize it. They aren't going to tell me to google it just to stop and take a pic. I guess I gave Yaya Han that head when I asked if she was that famous cosplayer.

Top Bottom