• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: Mr. Ninja

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
balddemon said:
Dash, I'm going to add youafter the game installs....I can't remember what my GC name is, but I think its balddemon lol. Just a heads up.

EDIT: jk I dont know how to use Gamecenter - can't figure out where the add friend button is.

EDIT2: oh the gamecenter app...silly me.
balddemon doesn't work, just tried it.

dantehemi

Dash Kappei said:
Bummer, I didn't know that. :/
SDS doesn't have Game Center tho.

I think Hard Lines would be pretty damn cool, but are people gonna buy it? Cause I have only 5 out of 180 friends with the game, at the moment.

Doodle Jump
Hard Lines
Bit. Trip Beat Blitz
Tiny Wings

Could be the final list (2 newish and 2 oldie) to choose/vote from, but I'm still taking suggestions
Of course the problem might be that so few have played the two new ones (and thus not knowing how cool those games are) it's going to be a no contest when voting starts :/

I'll check out hardlines it sounds cool.
IMO tiny wings has been done to death (but still a great game)
I say we stick to newer games, there only .99 and that gets you a week of intense playing in a competition format. Well worth the money, especially if you play the game after the comp is over. And so far both games we have played I would say are must owns on the iOS. So we are helping people out by telling them what games to get (which seems to be a common question amongst this thread)

But anything we decide I'm always gonna be in these comps there a blast!

numble

Damn you Koodo!

XYxkK.jpg

numble said:
You just need to be lucky to get fat aliens at the end. They're worth like 20k+ each at the end.

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. It pretty doesn't matter if you have a perfect run if you don't finish with a bunch of the big aliens.

Dash Kappei

Sorry for the fuckup Psymon_Stark
I realized after having uploaded everything that something was missing... YOU :D
Added your GC score manually, at #16 in-between screens

Dash Kappei

Damn, the guys in the third and fourth row really stepped it up a notch today, we're all so close (and yet so far) to beating the guy above or losing to the one below... pretty fuckin' fierce competion!
Anyway, this is the last leaderboards' post before fhe finals.
Contest ends today (August 7th) at 10PM (GMT) GMT's current time

NeoGAF's Weekly Challenge - Mr Ninja • Day 6

PARTIAL RESULTS:  (record holders listed as Game Center profiles)

[update: contest is over, look for final results below]

Dash Kappei

DMPrince said:
welp. guess i'll be doing this all day tomorrow just to get into top 3 lol.
You just got 7 hours and 24 minutes left to make history

:D

I just hope I won't be pushed out of the top 10.

Anyway, we've beaten the previous Cananbalt contest by 10 people atm.
We reached 73 gaffers on the contest, and more than half those people didn't even own the game before the challenge started :)

balddemon

Banned
Hey you've got my updated score right? Cuz I play the game without wifi a lot of the time, and while my 165k is not enough to get first or even close, its enough to not be last :p I'm dhaight btw.

Dash Kappei said:
We reached 73 gaffers on the contest, and more than half those people didn't even own the game before the challenge started :)

Yep, I was one of those guys. Def worth a dollar.

Gaspode_T

The same company made the Mr Aaah game right? The one where you swing like Tarzan and then let go...that one is pretty fun too

I nearly drove myself insane getting a score of 291,000 today. I wasn't happy seeing my previous score get knocked down so far the ladder so I figured if I tried hard enough I could break 300K, it seems I will break my iPad before I break 300K though. Actually, after this contest there's a high chance I will never want to see this game again in my life LOL

I don't know why but I need a super high level of concentration to play this game and not screw up, so literally like I would hear a bird chirp outside and totally mess me up or something equivalent random noise inside the house does the same and I start mistiming jumps LOL. Should have just played with earphones I guess. I had something like 10 perfect runs up to the second star and then totally bomb it after that point for one reason or another, I'm actually surprised I got a 291K I think I just got a lucky setup of aliens.

Dash Kappei

balddemon said:
Hey you've got my updated score right? Cuz I play the game without wifi a lot of the time, and while my 165k is not enough to get first or even close, its enough to not be last :p I'm dhaight btw.

Yep, I was one of those guys. Def worth a dollar.
Rejoice, you're not last
yet? :p
!
You're #69 out of 74.
But you've still got 4 hours something to improve your score anyway ;)

Glad you've been enjoying the game/contest, warm up for the next one

Dash Kappei

Gaspode_T said:
The same company made the Mr Aaah game right? The one where you swing like Tarzan and then let go...that one is pretty fun too

I nearly drove myself insane getting a score of 291,000 today. I wasn't happy seeing my previous score get knocked down so far the ladder so I figured if I tried hard enough I could break 300K, it seems I will break my iPad before I break 300K though. Actually, after this contest there's a high chance I will never want to see this game again in my life LOL

I don't know why but I need a super high level of concentration to play this game and not screw up, so literally like I would hear a bird chirp outside and totally mess me up or something equivalent random noise inside the house does the same and I start mistiming jumps LOL. Should have just played with earphones I guess. I had something like 10 perfect runs up to the second star and then totally bomb it after that point for one reason or another, I'm actually surprised I got a 291K I think I just got a lucky setup of aliens.

Yep, I like mr aahH!! as well, they've just integrated Game Center so who knows... ;)
Btw, LMAO at your story, that's how I feel as well. But hey, I think we've gotten more than our $1 worth even if it means never wanting to see the ninja again.. I still haven't played Canabalt again aftet that contest, so yeah :p

Edit: fuck I'm out of the top10 again

Dash Kappei

STOP THE PRESSES!
Contest ENDED!

Leaderboards' Final results coming soon.
Also, prizes! Ruffle's results! Fireworks! Boobs!

Dash Kappei said:
STOP THE PRESSES!
Contest ENDED!

Leaderboards' Final results coming soon.
Also, prizes! Ruffle's results! Fireworks! Boobs!
I came for the results but I stayed for the fireworks!

Then I came for the boobs.

Dash Kappei

NeoGAF's iOS Weekly Challenge: Mr. Ninja

Well, contest is over and we had a lot of fun. Partecipation was a lot higher than expected, when I decided to start the challenge I had less than 40 GAFfers with the game on my list and now there's more than 80, and 74 of them have taken a shot at the challenge. It took me quite a bit of work, one Photobucket 10GB account and a LOT of dancing around Game Center's bugs to get the results straight to you in screens form and listing the record holders as Game Center profiles instead of showing registered names (bar six entries, dunno why, sorry guys!), I hope you guys appreciate it.
More than that, I hope those who didn't quite make it to the higher spots had fun nontheless and be back in masses for the third weekly contest (coming soon!).
Many, many thanks go to user BuzzJive who offered the prizes, you should check out his game Matchbox in the OP. Well, let's end this, shall we?

•PRIZES:
~
:drumrolls:
~
Congratulations, KOODO!
But honestly, thanks to everyone since it wouldn't have been this much fun if it was just the 10 of us circle jerkin'. Bravo guys, awesome fight!

•2nd Place: numble

•3rd Place: G13 Nick

•Ruffle's winner: #61, EVaz18

Final Results: 74 participants

334457944.663383pulg.jpg

334458333.944468yfqz.jpg

334458409.490144cdc3.jpg

334458457.072379bfia.jpg

334460702.106811oo3t.jpg

Dash Kappei

Wario64 said:
lol wut, didn't DMprince get in the top 3? Robbed by Gamecenter

Damn, that sucks.
But I've just checked, he's still 5th right now. Maybe his wifi/3g crapped out while registering his score,
Damn, you're still a champion in our eyes DMPrince!

RC

Banned
Had a whole plan of attack today, was going to play non stop after work and see if I could crack the top 10. Unfortunately work ended an hour ago and I just got home. Oh well, congrats to Kodoo.

Dash Kappei said:
Damn, that sucks.
But I've just checked, he's still 5th right now. Maybe his wifi/3g crapped out while registering his score,
Damn, you're still a champion in our eyes DMPrince!
lolwut. for a good 7 hours? lol i've been playing since then on wifi O.O fucking GC.

oh god. you're right. GC didn't even register my score. i'm still at 375,570. this is depressing lol.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DMPrince said:
lolwut. for a good 7 hours? lol i've been playing since then on wifi O.O fucking GC.

oh god. you're right. GC didn't even register my score. i'm still at 375,570. this is depressing lol.

When I got my high score, I had to reboot the game and it registered. That sucks though. :/

Wario64 said:
When I got my high score, I had to reboot the game and it registered. That sucks though. :/
lol yeah. it just updated now. oh well. I'll just make sure next time to check the leaderboards.

Dash Kappei

Lol jayayess, will do

:mgs3 salutes.gif@DMPrince

Yo G13 Nick get in touch, I need to pm your prize but I can't seem to find your gaf name

Dash Kappei

Awesome Animals said:
So, what is the next game?
We've yet to "vote". I've taken all suggestions and observations of the past week and put together a list of five games to vote. We'll see where GAF swings. I'll post the list in the next couple of days and then have the contest start in 3/5 days since in about 6 hours I've got a flight to catch to finally go on vacation...
Sardinia here I come :)

Dry_Bones

Dash Kappei said:
Eheheh :)

I want you on the next contest tho!

G13 Nick where art thou

Here I am, but I think that you should give the 3rd place prize to DMPrince .. Despite not updating his gamecenter score, he still made a better score than me and he posted it in this thread before the deadline .. So I think it's fair that he should get the 3rd place prize ..

Top Bottom