• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's "Let's Watch Anime" OT16: Now Watching- Gankutsuou:The Count of Monte Cristo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Albert just saved the Count's life as the Judge has gone nuts. All thise dack door dealings have stripped him of his power as well. Albert's dad is probably next, followed by Eugenia's dad.... what a mess.

Cornbread78

Damn, Albert is broken as fuck.... Looks like it's about to get worse for his family as well soon...

Count is just skipping for joy freely as everything turns in his favor..

Szadek

Ep. 15-17
The counts revenge on Albert's family has been very successful so far.
Apperently Eugénie worte the OP, that's interesting.

Challenging the Counts was Alberts best idea in this anime and that's really saying something.
Looks like the show turns into a Mecha anime for the next episode.

egruntz

shelaughz
Really like how this anime took Albert's perspective and focused on the villainy of the Count rather than the redemption story. Fantastic stuff.

Visually was almost too jarring. But it was still great.

Thud

Pokemon Sun kept me busy, but I'm getting back on track!

Episode 17

So the count shows his true face to Albert. I wonder if this duel was predetermined as well.

Not exactly clear if the count will kill Albert or let Albert kill him. Based on actions you would assume the former while the latter is also possible because of the gankutsuou thing that binds him.

Next up some mecha fights.

Cornbread78

Time for catch up tomm!

Damn, the count really just fucked over Albert's entire life and got a good laugh out of it? What a bastard!

Thud

Episode 19-20

If episode 19 was despair, then episode 20 featured hope.

They even brought back minor characters such as Renaud to support Albert. Obviously it ain't over yet as things are still yet unclear, but a part of the show feels resolved.

Cornbread78

Oh Edward, the Count has completely destroyed your life and played you for a fool... Now, your mother is going to witness your destruction at the Count's hands.. The Count truly is an evil bastard.

I love all the reactions here. enjoy your journey and when you're done, I humbly implore you to read the original novel. it is by far one of the best literature piece of work ever. there are a lot of things that stays the same in both versions and still enough differences for you to feel excitement from reading it.

Thud

Episode 21 - 24

That was incredible. From a revenge plot to a wonderful future.

You could even see Albert signing with his mother's maiden name.

Bide your time and hold out hope~

Cornbread78

No Franz, NOOOOO! Outside of the poor CG for the robot duel, that was an excellent episode. Although, I was a little bit broken that Franz died in the end though, but the moment was well done..

Cornbread78

Damn, now that was a great way to close everything out. Although, 1 extra scene with Albert and Eugenia would have been preferred, however, they went the artistic route and just showed him running to her once he heard her playing the song she wrote for him.. I know, subtle ending are often better ones..

Either way, the Count still got his full retribution after all was said and done and Albert and Haidee lived on to fullfill their life journy's in their own ways.

It's unfortunate that this watch got broken up by very low participation and the holidays getting in the way, but this was a grear adaptation and translation of the original, classic novel into anime form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom