• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Official Game Soundtracks of the 7th Generation: Voting Ends June 17th

Code:
1 -> 12

2 -> ???

3 -> ???

4 -> ???

5 -> ???

6 -> ???

7 -> ???

8 -> ???

9 -> ???

10 -> ???

Oh wow. This is one of my most hipster-ass lists I've ever made lol. JDK needin' more lovin' it looks like, or that most consider the Cold Steel games Vita titles, one.

Thanks to those of you who saw THE GLORY that is EO III's soundtrack though.

Gen 8's battle will have a ton of indie titles in it as well. I caught only a few of them in this one (2012 is where it really took off for me)

Thanks for the hard work, Earth. Will look forward to the yearly one.
Persona 5 vs Trails the 3rd rumble in the jungle

Jucksalbe

Banned
Oh wow. This is one of my most hipster-ass lists I've ever made lol. JDK needin' more lovin' it looks like.
Well, at least for me, I choose them by where I played them. Since I played the English PC versions of Ys Origin, Trails 2 and 3rd, they all didn't fit within the rules. The Cold Steel games I played on PS3, though, they just weren't good enough. :p

Ventara

Wtf, Ys 7 at 17?! Cladun at 24?! I hate you all!

Thanks for the hard work Earthpainting. Was nice revisiting some of these amazing tracks, and even discovering a few new ones.

Well, at least for me, I choose them by where I played them. Since I played the English PC versions of Ys Origin, Trails 2 and 3rd, they all didn't fit within the rules. The Cold Steel games I played on PS3, though, they just weren't good enough. :p

Yeah, this is a tight one. I mean, those first 3 games NEVER came out over here till gen 8's cut-off, but on the other hand, they were composed back then...but we just couldn't play them without knowing the language. It is complicated, and it ends up clashing with the rules in my head for the yearly one too which is "what did I play that came out this year what melted my face off".

My predictions of Dark Souls for the games thread and Nier for the music one didn't pan out, close but apparently Wii titles comes out tops in both.

Time for GAF to change its perceived bias again, back to Ninty we go! /s

Cheers for the work Earthpainting.

Rutger

Banned
A shame the voting thread didn't even make it to a full page. Last time the reasoning was that people didn't care much for the first few generations, but it seems even the newest "done" generation didn't fare much better. Oh well.

Visibility is always a problem for these threads. I didn't notice it was up until the last day to vote.

Oh well. This gen has a lot of great soundtracks, I would have loved to listen to a bunch while building my list like I normally do, but I had to go with what came to me first. EOIII would have had first place for me either way, but my list might have been a bit different.

Eolz

Pretty good top!
Expected a result thread, but there'll be probably the same complaints as usual :/

dark schala (where are you?) managed to get the last voting thread stickied last time, it helped. But there's always less people voting for soundtracks sadly.

edit: you should ask a mod to change the title if that's not already done btw. Thanks for the hard work!

Azuardo

Thanks for the hard work, Earthpainting!

Man, I really need to get around to playing Nier. Still sitting on my shelf.

I'm sure there are others I've overlooked too, like Fragile on Wii. I know these are soundtracks, but it has reminded me I've still missed out on some good games from this gen.

Bit of a shame any FF13 titles didn't get in, and likewise Hotline Miami. I have to wonder if that will be okay for me to vote for that one again in an 8th gen thread, since it would make the post-2011 PC list.

Anyway, good job, and thanks for running it :)

Melchiah

04. The Last of Us
Gustavo Santaolalla
The Last of Us
Vanishing Grace
The Choice

08. Journey
Austin Wintory
Apotheosis
Descent
Nadir

13. Mass Effect
Jack Wall & Sam Hulick
The Normandy
Theme
Uncharted Worlds

A big thanks to everyone that participated. It's one of the more challenging gens to rank in my opinion. It lasted quite long, and was incredibly diverse. The rise of handhelds and indie developers also really brought back retro sounding game music as well. Just a lot of cool stuff.

Wohoo! My top 3 made it to top 20. Good to see Shatter and Dark Souls there as well. Thanks for taking the effort, and compiling all the data.

jett

D-Member
Why no new thread? I missed the results lol.

I guess I should listen to Xenoblade. Rest of the solid is really solid.

Top Bottom