• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

While you're in customize, select a button to assign an action. While browsing available actions, just hit the corresponding number key. A bit weird and hacky, I know.

I couldn't get this to work for me. Do I have to be in a certain zone? I tried in area and pioneer and it just didn't do anything but maybe I'm not understanding it right.

Indignate

Photon Blasts!

So you can use the Y button to donate 10% of your charge to another players Photon Blast during their cast time (before you lose control of your character and the animation plays). It increases the strength of the blast and also counts as a tag for you to get exp from anything it hit/kills. You'll also get any benefits from the support ones (resta or shifta/deband) as well as revive if you were dead.

You can chain PBs with other players if you activate yours in the same time frame. This makes them a lot stronger than if you just donated. This is important for late game content because if you manage to chain into Mylla & Youlla, you'll get a very high leveled Shifta/Deband casted on the party. You cannot chain together the same PB in succession, they must be separated, so no Pilla, Pilla, Farlla, but Pilla, Farlla, Pilla works!

Donations can be done from anywhere, Chains must be in the same room.

Jockel

I couldn't get this to work for me. Do I have to be in a certain zone? I tried in area and pioneer and it just didn't do anything but maybe I'm not understanding it right.
Do it like you would assign a normal action button. Then, while you select the action for that action button(!) you hit a number key with the action you want highlighted.

Foxix Von

this is usually the issue

If the setting is set to off then the game doesn't recognize your key press as a command to bind and just thinks you're slapping the keyboard trying to type something. It's better to just leave the setting to on and use f11 to toggle it to make it easier to type when you need to or use items/techs when you need to.

Just joined in with my good ol RAcast, whose design I used through 150hrs of GC PSO & 200+ hours of Schthack PSOBB.

Lookin to have some fun with some friends.

Excited to eventually get to my nemesis....
Ultimate Girtablublu. The Nightmare Fuel.

Fugu

INFORMAL POLL TIME: Has anyone so far seen a rare mob on this server? I believe that they are bugged and don't spawn, since I'm level 51 and I've seen zero (as have all of the people I've asked).

I'm also curious to see if the quests which are guaranteed to spawn rare mobs produce them, although I can't actually do any of them myself.

How did you guys do? I just got back now, logging in....
We made it to the boss and got stomped by him a few times before giving up. We were too far away from having a real shot to continue (getting one-shot by basically everything).

EDIT: Girtablublu is both the best enemy and the best name.

thedan001

INFORMAL POLL TIME: Has anyone so far seen a rare mob on this server? I believe that they are bugged and don't spawn, since I'm level 51 and I've seen zero (as have all of the people I've asked).

I'm also curious to see if the quests which are guaranteed to spawn rare mobs produce them, although I can't actually do any of them myself

The rare mob spawn rate is already so low

I do know N.A is able to adjust the spawn rate for rare mobs, although, I believe N.A/SU is tweaking with it, both the rare mob and the droprate of rares

Drop rate uses the hex #'s, I tested to see if putting drop rate at a max value of 255, it wasn't 100% drop rate still, instead it became a common droprate, since there is a chance to drop nothing too

Fugu

Guys, join the episode 2 hard game. We're going to do the ep2 boss rush.

The rare mob spawn rate is already so low

I do know N.A is able to adjust the spawn rate for rare mobs, although, I believe N.A/SU is tweaking with it, both the rare mob and the droprate of rares

Drop rate uses the hex #'s, I tested to see if putting drop rate at a max value of 255, it wasn't 100% drop rate still, instead it became a common droprate, since there is a chance to drop nothing too
The default rate is 1/256 I think? I'm like 20 hours in; there's no way I wouldn't have seen one by now.

thedan001

Guys, join the episode 2 hard game. We're going to do the ep2 boss rush.

The default rate is 1/256 I think? I'm like 20 hours in; there's no way I wouldn't have seen one by now.

Im playing rocket league but if you have a space for lv52 racaseal, im in

pics, cuz.
rLIUtuK.jpg

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
For every enemy (including bosses), there's a rare variant that is essentially a palate swap with different resistances and, in many cases, a much better drop table.

So, in other words, a shiny pokemon.

So after playing for 20 hours, you basically have a 1/4chance of encountering a shiny monster.

xBladeM6x

Huzzah, so I asked the maker of the Launcher.exe if they could add 1280x960 support, and they've added it. (not that I have much need for it anymore, but it's still cool that it was implemented so quick)

Download

The new blood will never know what it's like to drag MOME's ass through Mines and then cap off the long ass 1 hour trek with a nice De Rol Le fight where he sometimes gets OHKO'd.

Chucker

The new blood will never know what it's like to drag MOME's ass through Mines and then cap off the long ass 1 hour trek with a nice De Rol Le fight where he sometimes gets OHKO'd.

I feel like I've been there.

Alright, spent the night leveling a ATA Mag for my ranger, took him for a spin at Mag Level 35. Good times.

SoldatJ

Neo Member

I think it's actually 1/512, at least that's what some older forums said. There aren't very many of them either. The ones I know of off the top of my head are rares of ultimate enemies. Are there any non-ultimate rare enemies?

Blue-kun

I think it's actually 1/512, at least that's what some older forums said. There aren't very many of them either. The ones I know of off the top of my head are rares of ultimate enemies. Are there any non-ultimate rare enemies?

The Red version of the Slime in Caves, Al Rappy, the different colored Lily, Del Rappy in EP IV and there are probably a few others I'm not remembering right now, haha.

Also, great initiative! Been playing PSO2 but I'll definitely join you guys for some Ragol monster ass kicking in this, really miss the original PSO.

Eoyote

Neo Member

Its the same across all difficulties. Rappies, Hidebears, Slimes and Lillies.

Fugu

I mean, the probability doesn't increase the longer you go on playing.
Is this some stats 101 mind trick? Yes, the probability doesn't increase for the individual monster but the more monsters I see the less likely it becomes that I will see no rares.

If you roll the dice once, the likelihood that you hit a 12 is low, but if you roll them 100 times the likelihood of never hitting a 12 is exponentially lower.

A couple of hours ago, I ran with some level 30s to 40s as a level 20 HUcast and managed to hold my own while we did a run in hard mode caves and mines.

I'm surprised how easy is to hold your own if your underleveled but are in an full party. Got all the way to level 27 thanks to them.

Indignate

Is this some stats 101 mind trick? Yes, the probability doesn't increase for the individual monster but the more monsters I see the less likely it becomes that I will see no rares.

If you roll the dice once, the likelihood that you hit a 12 is low, but if you roll them 100 times the likelihood of never hitting a 12 is exponentially lower.

Yes, the chances increase that you will see one the more you continue to play, but that does not guarantee that you will see one as you implied by saying "there's no way I wouldn't have seen one by now."

You can roll two dice 1000 times and never see a 12. It's highly unlikely, but not impossible.

To be honest, I rolled my eyes at your post because it came off as "well I haven't seen one yet, so it obviously must be broken" more than you probably intended it to. It's entirely possible that the spawns are bugged, but we may also be jumping to conclusions.

FatalT

Banned
Dangit. See what happens when you have to sleep? The whole PSO realm levels without you.

Edit: What''s your in-game name? I'm a purple HUmar, named HUmarley. If you see me online we should smash some TTF's out!

I'm a green RAmar named FatalT. I'm up for that! I played a bit today and got to level 59 but didn't have as much time or patience to play like I did there other day.

xBladeM6x

ENJOY YOUR COLORS, JERK FACE. THEY'RE BIG AND GROSS JUST LIKE YOUR FACE.

Stupid jerk doesn't even appreciate the glory of desaturated color pallets. Heathen.
But really though, thanks for the run. I gained like 3 power levels, and that gun is AWESOME!

Shush, you know you love my ultra vibrant colors. :3

Par Score

I've seen a rare Lily and Rappy at least, they dropped fuck all but nothing to suggest they're bugged, just, y'know, rare.

xBladeM6x

Don't do drugs when you're a HUcast.
I've seen a rare Lily and Rappy at least, they dropped fuck all but nothing to suggest they're bugged, just, y'know, rare.

I've been playing around with the server software, and rare mobs like Al Rappies have a spawn rate of 0.016%, unless N.A changed the rate. That's incredibly rare. Though if I crank that up to 100%, they spawn without issue. No bug, just horrendous chances of seeing them.
The correct rate is 1/512, so says my googling, and I'm inclined to believe that that's not where we're at on this server. After work today I'll get my slime splitting hat on and verify it for sure since that's pretty much a surefire way to encounter a rare.
The default chance of encounter is 0.014% in the server software that N.A uses, unless it was changed to something higher.

Fugu

Yes, the chances increase that you will see one the more you continue to play, but that does not guarantee that you will see one as you implied by saying "there's no way I wouldn't have seen one by now."

You can roll two dice 1000 times and never see a 12. It's highly unlikely, but not impossible.

To be honest, I rolled my eyes at your post because it came off as "well I haven't seen one yet, so it obviously must be broken" more than you probably intended it to. It's entirely possible that the spawns are bugged, but we may also be jumping to conclusions.
I used to farm the rare slime. Believe me, if I was going more than an hour between appearances -- let alone 20 hours -- I wouldn't have farmed the rare slime.

Besides, my experiences were compounded by the fact that everyone else I had asked hadn't seen one either.

The correct rate is 1/512, so says my googling, and I'm inclined to believe that that's not where we're at on this server. After work today I'll get my slime splitting hat on and verify it for sure since that's pretty much a surefire way to encounter a rare.

Top Bottom