• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Are sword's supposed to be generally weaker than sabers of the same level?

Generally speaking yes Multi Hit Weapons will do less damage than a single hit weapon but there are ALOT of exceptions to this rule once you start using Rare Multi Hit Weapons such as the Excalibur which is a saber type weapon that can hit up to 3 near by enemies at the same time.

Swords are still better then shotguns though cause maaaan those are super slow firing and crap range.

That issue becomes a moot point once you equip units that increase your attack speed such as Heavenly/Battle or V101

FatalT

Banned
Pfffft amateur. I was 22 yesterday, and I'm 50 now.
I may be developing an addiction, I think

Add me, we can be PSO Junkies together.

MAXTE, I don't know who you are, but man, we just got rekt by Falz. Good TTF runs tho.

Okay butthead you tempted me and I just grinded a few TTF runs with a buddy and now I'm 50 as well :D

Foxix Von

xrk9yLC.png
5tHfnAh.png
or1hXZT.png

FRAKKEN HELL WE DID IT, BOYS. BOOYAH.

I only had one moon left. Fugu, you're a life saver!

Foxix Von

I was no help whatsoever! (except dropping my last moons before my 500th death)

Hey, now. If it weren't for those moons being dropped we would have run out AGES ago and SURELY would have lost completely. Your limp, lifeless corpse wasn't useless at all, in fact it was the perfect Moon Sack™.

N.A

Banned
Hey, now. If it weren't for those moons being dropped we would have run out AGES ago and SURELY would have lost completely. Your limp, lifeless corpse wasn't useless at all, in fact it was the perfect Moon Sack™.

xD

I did miss out on the exp though :(

Jackano

How do I customise the 1~9 keyboard shortcuts?
Also where do I get those graphic upgrade Foxix Von seems to have? ReShade doesn't look anything like that. I don't mind the OG UI, but texture looks way better.

Also where do I get those graphic upgrade Foxix Von seems to have? ReShade doesn't look anything like that. I don't mind the OG UI, but texture looks way better.

I'd like to know too. I'm guessing either GeDoSaTo, ReShade, ENB or some kind of combination of those, maybe even texture packs? Please share you graphical secrets, Foxix. ;)

Indignate

I'd like to know too. I'm guessing either GeDoSaTo, ReShade, ENB or some kind of combination of those, maybe even texture packs? Please share you graphical secrets, Foxix. ;)

It's ENB. He posted a guide to setting it up a while ago. I followed his directions and got my game to look like his (although I turned off motion blur because it's way overkill).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175335186&postcount=1050

Jackano

Thanks guys. The assign keypad is weird indeed. That's the kind of PSO weirdness that make its appeal :)
ENB then. Will look into that later.

Okay butthead you tempted me and I just grinded a few TTF runs with a buddy and now I'm 50 as well :D

Dangit. See what happens when you have to sleep? The whole PSO realm levels without you.

Edit: What''s your in-game name? I'm a purple HUmar, named HUmarley. If you see me online we should smash some TTF's out!

trixx

new to this is purplenum good for my humanearl class or should I make a new character? Just seen tiers afterwards lol

IceIpor

Kadin

N.A, is there a typical situation when the common bank glitch seems to occur most? I'm still finding myself using it for alts but I'd like to minimize the risk obviously of losing gear. Also, any type of ETA on the server fix?

edit: Great, thanks for the clarification.

N.A

Banned
N.A, is there a typical situation when the common bank glitch seems to occur most? I'm still finding myself using it for alts but I'd like to minimize the risk obviously of losing gear. Also, any type of ETA on the server fix?

The longer a room is open the more likely a desync. Also if you sort items in your inventory it can desync.

Tethealla devs said the new server release could be within a week 2 weeks ago. It seems they've added many more features since then though. I'm hoping it will be released before the end of August.

Any items/meseta/mags lost due to a server issue I can restore.

Foxix Von

Thanks guys. The assign keypad is weird indeed. That's the kind of PSO weirdness that make its appeal :)
ENB then. Will look into that later.

Just to add to this, there might be textures involved too from the PSO2 Inspirat UI.

This is the one I found and use, and it includes "HD" textures.

http://schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=74461

It's ENB. He posted a guide to setting it up a while ago. I followed his directions and got my game to look like his (although I turned off motion blur because it's way overkill).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175335186&postcount=1050

Yup, I use ENB:
This is the one I use: http://schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=85295&sid=431acc53e3259769d5881a7ee8120901

The instructions are bad, but basically you just copy the contents of either the windowed or fullscreen folder into main the PSO BB directory. I don't use the "enhanced" effect text he uses as I found it looks like shit IMO. What I do instead is use one of the included effect.txt files labeled "vignettee" which I really like. If not using that I'd recommend the FXAA file. Depending on if it works for you or not, open up the .txt file and save it as a .cfg file. That got it to kick on for me. Just plop that in the main PSO directory with the rest of the stuff.

Then you just open the enb configuration tool if using windowed, select which preset you want and which effects you want on, run the pso launcher and bam, there ya go. If you run windowed its cool because you can change the presets on the fly. I personally use the russian preset, with everything turned on. I like the way the motion blur looks most of the time although it can make for shitty screens so sometimes I'll run with it off.

The "GAMA" set looks good if you prefer a more over saturated look. "Human" is in theory awesome as the HDR effect is really intense and gives a lot of "pop" 50% of the time. The other half of the time it's literally unplayable because it's so dark for me. It comes at a great cost of technically accurate colors and it loses too much to aggressive clipping.

Russian preset + vignettee + disabled motion blur. I actually haven't touched the textures at all. Well, I do use the PSO 2 UI and a skin for my Racaseal, but I don't use the aforementioned texture pack. I think what you're noticing is a combination of ENB color filtering and bump mapping along with the fact that I force 16x AF through my GPU driver settings. As for general IQ I've tried getting AA to work on top of ENB+vignettee with gedosato, radeon pro, sweetfx, CCC, and nothing seems to jive together.

Instead what I do is use VSR to up my desktop resolution from 1080 to 1440 and run the game windowed with windowed borderless gaming to force fullscreen so I get some slight downsampling in effect.

If you notice performance hitches with ENB you can try changing the fog effects from pixel to emulation. I think they mention that doing so will disable some effects but you'll get a little better performance out of it that way.

:D

Jackano

Messed up during the escape scene I forgot in Governement 3-2. I hate this! What game is it, fucking Metroid?

Going for Burning Rangers for some fun.

Kalentan

You know I've been wondering this for a while... but on my game on both my desktop and laptop, but the very bottom of my UI gets cut off. No idea why. And using the borderless window option, makes the screen cross over slightly into my second screen. o_O

Indignate

You know I've been wondering this for a while... but on my game on both my desktop and laptop, but the very bottom of my UI gets cut off. No idea why. And using the borderless window option, makes the screen cross over slightly into my second screen. o_O

Mess with the resolution in advanced. I had the same problem.

Foxix Von

Lmao mb on the spelling.

The game is a lot of fun and thanks to posters who helped me out earlier.

BTW how do you quickly switch weps?

The action pallet change button + your symbol chat button. If you're on a keyboard I think that's ctrl+end? If your on a controller, assuming you have it set up to resemble the old GC/DC layout it'd be trigger+y/triangle.

It'll bring up a little window you can page through to have quick access to weapons, items and techniques.

Blocks are also automatic.

Top Bottom