• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

B.K.

Does this server have the alternate floor layouts for the dungeons? Last time I played on STHCHack, they didn't have the alternate floors; it was the same layout every time.

Free to a good home. Have 2 Yamato's that I don't plan on using.

xjliv6c.jpg

Indignate

Nothing like messing up a Mag to make you relearn the entire mag system cuz you have to find an alternative route to your chosen rare.

Par Score

Hard Falz just dunked on us. Forgot he went Final Form that early in the difficulty progression, need some more ELT :D

It was only on pc pso blue burst version.

Are you sure that was on the official servers? PSO has always been FFA loot AFAIK (for good and ill).

Does this server have the alternate floor layouts for the dungeons? Last time I played on STHCHack, they didn't have the alternate floors; it was the same layout every time.

Yes it does, it's very much vanilla compared to SCHT.

undead77

Just finished a Ruins run on Normal with a few of you, going to feed my mag for a bit while I watch the ball game, and pick up on Hard later.

This game is still incredible, I don't know how much of that is nostalgia, but damn, I don't care, I'm loving it.

gEbPI9P.jpg

Sorry for dying over and over, lol. Those one shots seem to be unavoidable with my current level.

Requiem.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sorry for dying over and over, lol. Those one shots seem to be unavoidable with my current level.

Requiem.

Falz definitely has HP requirements or resistance requirements. His blade drain attack requires (online) -/310/450/812 HP unmitigated. Grants requires (online) -/326/341/611 HP unmitigated. I don't remember if blade drain is resisted by DFP, but Grants is done by ELT resistance.

The other solution is Scape Dolls or people to revive you.

IceIpor

Falz definitely has HP requirements or resistance requirements. His blade drain attack requires (online) -/310/450/812 HP unmitigated. Grants requires (online) -/326/341/611 HP unmitigated. I don't remember if blade drain is resisted by DFP, but Grants is done by ELT resistance.

The other solution is Scape Dolls or people to revive you.

Good thing Reverser is cheap enough to spam.

xBladeM6x

What's up with the saber weapon? The recovery frames from that 3 hit combo always leave you open from an attack from an enemy. Is there really nothing you can do about that?
Use 1-2 hard attacks and open with a normal one, immediately run backwards after your combo. Should get you out of harms way pretty good. Works best with Boomas.
Here's an example of what Jockel is talking about.

dfdfgdgdfg_by_xbladem6x-d95p4sj.gif

Indignate

So this is the first time I'm actually messing around with the story stuff.

What's actually considered the story quest of this game? Is it the Principal quest (which I guess is also known as the government quest) or the Hunter's Guild stuff? Or is it just a combination of the two?

I'm assuming it's a combination since it seems like you have to progress through the government quest in order to "unlock" the areas needed for more Hunter's Guild quest to open.

So this is the first time I'm actually messing around with the story stuff.

What's actually considered the story quest of this game? Is it the Principal quest (which I guess is also known as the government quest) or the Hunter's Guild stuff? Or is it just a combination of the two?

I'm assuming it's a combination since it seems like you have to progress through the government quest in order to "unlock" the areas needed for more Hunter's Guild quest to open.

Theres also all those message packs in the fields left by Red Ring Rico or computer logs left by scientists or Flowen in Episode 2 which are both hugely important to the plot.
PSO's story is told in an incredibly indirect way and the way that the quests work you can see bits of it out of order. Theres also a number of quest lines where your decisions or actions in previous quests alter events in later ones. There is a shit ton of story in the game so seeing all of it can becomes a real time investment. I think it's worth it if you manage to get invested in the world.

ace3093

Neo Member
Hard Falz just dunked on us. Forgot he went Final Form that early in the difficulty progression, need some more ELT :D

Are you sure that was on the official servers? PSO has always been FFA loot AFAIK (for good and ill).

Yes it does, it's very much vanilla compared to SCHT.

You are right I just found that option was on Schthack server. When you created a room on that server there was an option to give items or rares out in random or in order.

K.Sabot

I love the story in general story in PSO ep 1 and 2. I do think I love the main mission mini-stories more though, lots of cool throughlines with characters reappearing and neat story concepts.

Currently using Reshade that was linked in the thread earlier.

What setting affects the brightness of the speech bubbles? Some are not very readable.

Also, what should I turn down to make the Seaside area not hurt my eyes? It's extremely bright.

IceIpor

Currently using Reshade that was linked in the thread earlier.

What setting affects the brightness of the speech bubbles? Some are not very readable.

Also, what should I turn down to make the Seaside area not hurt my eyes? It's extremely bright.

It seems like the stuff in GemFX causes the overbrightness. Especially with speech bubbles.
I've had to turn GemFX off and just stuck with bloom from SweetFX instead.
Effects Off:
Effects On:
GemFX Bloom stuff:

N.A

Banned
Reminder: The server will be offline for roughly 30 mins at 9am GMT (1h 50 mins from now) for a small patch.

I will respond to last night's PMs once the server is back up.

I'm currently researching how to change the music in PSOBB. The game uses multi-track oggs for areas where the music changes based on the situation, each lasts like 5 seconds or so.
Quote this post to see the link, and place it in the .\data\ogg folder if you want to check it out in the game (Forest area), but be sure to make a backup of the original track. It's currently far from perfect (the loop points and transitions need some work). In case wondering, the music I used is from a source that offers music to be used freely in doujin or RPG Maker projects (you might have heard these in One Way Heroics).

|EDIT|
Removed to save space.

N.A

Banned
Server is back up.

Changelog:
Non-gm players can no longer use the /npc command. If you used this and are stuck as a different npc visit the dressing room to fix it.

I wanted to test patch the client too but had some issues so will look into them some other time.

Kadin

Does anyone know what the command is to donate to a Photon Blast? I figure some people might have their controller configured differently so a specific key to press might be different for some people. Which command (in Options > Pad Button Config) is used? Thanks!

Ogni-XR21

Does anyone know what the command is to donate to a Photon Blast? I figure some people might have their controller configured differently so a specific key to press might be different for some people. Which command (in Options > Pad Button Config) is used? Thanks!

It's the "top" button, the one that is used to start the simple chat. Don't know which keyboard key it is.

N.A

Banned
Quick tip to keep sound active when alt-tabbing (useful to hear chat replies):

Copy this into a text file named sound.reg:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SonicTeam]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SonicTeam\PSOBB]

"FOCUS_SOUND"=dword:00000001

Run the sound.reg file and click yes.

I asked on the previous page, but didn't get a reply, so I'll ask again on this one:

Are we using Discord still, or did that fall apart? Do we need a TS server? I have a TS server, and don't mind sharing the details if we don't have an alternative already. I'm just looking to get on comms with y'all.

Top Bottom