• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

I had picked my payment and shipping option, hit confirm order and it went out of stock. I was able to get a controller shipped to my local store after that though.

madmook

Could get the page to show "Add to Cart" but the button doesn't work. Guessing it was already gone.

The longer it takes to buy one of these things means the faster my resentment grows. I am close to hoping the Switch is a failure. :mad:

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Hilarious, added to cart, chose in-store pickup, picked paypal for payment, and right before I could hit the submit order button it got tossed to the "saved for later" section of my cart.

:p

Bots kill the site before people even have a chance to purchase it.

Might as well just wait until they're more readily in stock. This "selling a few each day" shit isn't happening.

//ARCANUM

I hit checkout and it was like "the console is out of stock, we'll just take that out of your cart for you." back to square one. I'm officially done. You win scalpers. Congrats. Enjoy returning all of these after christmas.

Matticers

I don't even expect to get one of these yet I still find myself getting pissed off at Nintendo more and more each day for this nonsense.

//ARCANUM

Now there's nothing in my cart. No controller, no console, and nothing "saved for later". So I'm worse off than I was 7 minutes ago. Thanks Walmart. Done.

AtomicPumpkin

Neo Member
Got a controller! YESSS! It was already in my cart from yesterday, so I'm sure that helped.

Thank you to whoever gave the tip yesterday to already have an account set up and signed into with credit card info and all - extremely helpful.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Time to reformulate my Christmas shopping plans I guess. I need to find a substitute gift for my brother-in-law if I can't nab this in time.

Don't blame scalpers. Blame Nintendo for understocking, which enables the scalpers.

This is true, they're only doing this because of the demand and they can make hundreds of dollars per each. It's artificial demand due to low stock, there's nothing even remotely special about this thing.

jrcbandit

This is so stupid. Not even 3 mins in it's gone. These scalpers are assholes.

Yep. I need to get like 2 more. I already have 1 to give as a Christmas gift, but I need another as a gift and I'd like to find a third to keep for myself. I doubt I'll ever get to the level of keeping one for myself lol.

//ARCANUM

their site was literally garbage. I saw both items available in my cart, hit check out, then just loading, loading, loading, error, out of stock.

Sephzilla

Still blame the scalpers. Get a real job.

Scalpers are simply a biproduct of Nintendo in this case. Nintendo is (I believe intentionally) understocking these and also didn't allow pre-orders. They basically opened the door for scalpers to have their way here. Some blame also falls on Amazon and Wal-Mart as well since their checkout process doesn't guarantee you an item should it get into your shopping cart. I totally believe this shit is going to happen with the Switch as well, just like it happened with the Wii and Amiibos.

Yay - I got my extra controller today!

I got my console yesterday from Walmart.

Guys - if you are having problems make sure you already have an account, have checked into that account on the website (or with the app if you are using that) within two minutes of the time, have your credit card info already setup in your account, (and your "local store" if you plan on doing local pickup) and then have the page ready to start refreshing.

That's how I got my console yesterday and then my extra controller today. I would NOT recommend trying to get both at the same time - they will go out of stock by then... I'd say to concentrate on just getting one thing and speeding through the checkout process.

Worked fine no problem for me. Maybe I'm just lucky though. Still absolute BS to have to do this though but best of luck to everyone...

kaioshade

Scalpers are simply a biproduct of Nintendo in this case. Nintendo is (I believe intentionally) understocking these and also didn't allow pre-orders. They basically opened the door for scalpers to have their way here. Some blame also falls on Amazon and Wal-Mart as well since their checkout process doesn't guarantee you an item should it get into your shopping cart. I totally believe this shit is going to happen with the Switch as well, just like it happened with the Wii and Amiibos.

Be careful. youll have people coming to defend Nintendo saying how its good business to piss off everyone who wants to give them money, and how this totally isnt intentional witholding of stock.

I am sure people are going to hate this but... Part of peoples rage is their own doing. No one needs a NES classic. They will be out in the wild soon enough. Probably before Christmas even. Also its not like this is the first time anyone can play these games.

Sephzilla

Be careful. youll have people coming to defend Nintendo saying how its good business to piss off everyone who wants to give them money, and how this totally isnt intentional witholding of stock.

Nintendo totally isn't withholding stock, there's no way they could have anticipated that demand. Meanwhile lets cheer them on for shipping 10 million copies of Pokemon Sun/Moon on time!

I am sure people are going to hate this but... ALL of peoples rage is their own doing. No one needs a NES classic. They will be out in the wild soon enough. Probably before Christmas even. Also its not like this is the first time anyone can play these games.

Stop trying to spread sanity. Some Nintendo fans are allergic to things that make sense. With all this shortage stuff, though, people have completely overlooked the fact that there is no way this thing is worth $60 when it really should be $40 now and maybe $20 after Christmas. That's when I'll be picking mine up, because it is a fun looking little toy.

Top Bottom