• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Mini - Pre-Orders Available now from Toys R Us - $59.99 (Free Shipping)

BriGuy

Thanks. Got one in as a fall-back in case Amazon does something stupid with their pre-orders, but even if I forget to cancel it, it will still make a great Christmas gift for any number of people on my list.

I'm hoping Nintendo announced this so far in advance so they can adjust their production as need be so that there are actually enough out there in time for launch... 4 months should be enough right? ..... Right!?

bumpkin

TRU and their habit of putting up preorders for high-demand items at completely inane times is annoying. They did the same shit with some of the rare amiibo back in the day.

Oh well, here's hoping I can get one from Amazon or Best Buy.

What the hell. Awesome. I keep telling my kids about the old days of gaming...you know, those simulators where you walk up hill both ways to school in a snow storm.

I can't wait to let them try some old school stuff.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Can't wait for someone to take one apart and find a WiiU hidden inside booting straight to the virtual console.

I am quite confident that the internals are based on some off-the-shelf ARM SoC and run software derived from the 3DS and its VC. Maybe it just is the 3DS hardware. This would be the cheapest and most power-efficient solution, especially since the Mini is only powered over USB.

Top Bottom