• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix acquires ‘The Discovery’ (Rooney Mara, Robert Redford, Jason Segel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link.

SVOD giant Netflix has acquired global rights to Charlie McDowell’s The Discovery, starring Rooney Mara, Robert Redford and Jason Segel. The film will premiere on Netflix and also get a theatrical domestic run in 2017. This deal has been a few months in the making after the project was first brought to market at AFM last November, initially with Nicholas Hoult attached opposite Mara. Now that it has closed, it’s another high profile get for Netflix that shows its continued muscle in the indie film biz.

Directed by Charlie McDowell and written by McDowell and Justin Lader, The Discovery is a sci-fi story set two years after the discovery of an afterlife that has been scientifically proven where millions of people have taken their own lives in order to start over. Segel plays the son of the man (Redford) responsible for the discovery, and Mara plays a woman he falls in love with whose life is tinged by a tragic past.

More at the link.

Chojin

Story sounds a lot like one of the short stories Chuck Palahnuik had in Haunted.

It probably won't be as funny though.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well that is a cool idea and reminds me of some scifi stories I read a long time ago though for the life of me I can't remember titles or authors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom