• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Announces Castlevania series for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
cdzbyeK.png

...satirical ?

ok

Adventure Time is kinda a satirical Zelda.....ok not really

OmegaFax

Dredd was pretty good. The Punisher and Power Rangers shorts that Adi Shankar produced were also fun to watch. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and say "why not?" and see what happens.

Shredderi

I... Don't know yet how to feel about this. If it looked like Vampire Hunter D it could be perfect, but that's not happening. Likely anything close to it isn't happening.

As a brand, isn't Castlevania essentially a bunch of public domain monsters thrown together?

Not sure what they're licensing exactly.

Takao

Banned
I want to see how this looks. Frederator being involved does not leave me with confidence but I'm not sure if they've attempted something like Castlevania before.

Here's hoping the "satire" bit just involves Dracula (or whatever Big Bad) looking kinda like Peter Thiel.

The man already craves young blood!

Takao

Banned
When I see "satirical" I hear "we are gonna somehow cram Trump jokes into this and they will both suck and feel terribly out of place."

Optimism minus 10%

He wrote that a year ago and given the context I don't think he means political jokes. I'd be more fearful of totally relevant Twilight/Vampire Diaries potshots or something.

Wulfric

Hmm... I don't know how I feel about this. As long as there isn't any pachinko involved, I'd watch it.

He wrote that a year ago and given the context I don't think he means political jokes. I'd be more fearful of totally relevant Twilight/Vampire Diaries potshots or something.

OPTIMISM MINUS 20%

Still y'all say he's done some good stuff, I'll definitely give it a look. Not like we're getting a game anytime soon...

I dug up some old Twitter posts when this news was apparently broke in 2015 or even before, and it seems like it's going to be based around Castlevania III, satirical and very violent. I dunno about the whole satirical thing, it's not really what I associate with Castlevania but we'll see.

Dr. Letz Shake

Neo Member
remember that shelved project they were going to do with Castlevania like a decade ago?

this is that. My friend is working on it and from what they described it was those scripts.

Foffy

Banned
If this is still the same Castlevania project that was in limbo, this is an animated adaptation of Dracula's Curse.

I dug up some old Twitter posts when this news was apparently broke in 2015 or even before, and it seems like it's going to be based around Castlevania III, satirical and very violent. I dunno about the whole satirical thing, it's not really what I associate with Castlevania but we'll see.

If this is still the same Castlevania project that was in limbo, this is an animated adaptation of Dracula's Curse.

Oh man. I get to see an animated version of Grant DaNasty? YASS!

I'd give it a shot, to say I haven't played any Castlevania games. Haven't been to disappointed with Netflix Originals so far, and this being animated could be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom