• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix announces user profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

I'm at work, so I can't check, but how do I access these different profiles on my Xbox or PS3??
Not sure about 360, but on PS3 when you launch it pops up the profile screen and you select from there. You press square to bring up the profile menu to swap again, it's nice and easy.

Anyone know if I can clear my own recommendations? I've created new profiles for my daughters, but of course I still have all of their recommendations...

I added a profile for my GF using the link above, but there was no indication of profiles on the Win8 app. Once this episode of Blackadder III finishes I'll restart the 360 app and see if anything shows up there.

Sidenote: they've added QI XL recently. SCORE!!!

(UK here)

Finally! I can delete the extra profile I made years ago that had no method for removing!

I wrote Netflix about this yesterday because my ex-wife's profile started showing up on my Apple TV. They replied "this feature will be available before the end of summer". Ten hours later...

scribb1er

Actually having a problem with my Panasonic tv. After creating the accounts online, it showed up perfectly on my tv for selecting a profile. The problem is if I select a show on any profile other the main one it deactivates my tv and I have to sign back in to Netflix.

Looks like there is still some bugs.

I wish it would work on my iPad too.

My recommendations are still there fully on my profile. Not sure how this is helping me. Other than it not getting worse, but Pretty Little Liars and Switched at Birth is really fucking up my choices.

Number45

My recommendations are still there fully on my profile. Not sure how this is helping me. Other than it not getting worse, but Pretty Little Liars and Switched at Birth is really fucking up my choices.
Same. I'd really like to be able to start over on the main profile, but I guess I could create a brand new one and use that instead.

kaskade

I wish there was a way to go through and say no, I don't want to see this from the damage that was done already. Unless Netflix really wants me to watch Pretty Little Liars.

Tenck

I don't think this will be as effective as people think. Most people likely just play netflix on one device, their TV. If I watch TV and my wife watches TV and my kids watch TV it's highly unlikely that we will want to sign in and out over and over to use netflix. What this means is that you'll still end up with an amalgamation of different tastes in someones user profile.

Anyways I guess it's better then nothing.

You make it sound like they wont keep it like every other profile system in the world. Just click and load. Doesn't get easier than that.

Got it to work, but it's gonna be a pain in the ass switching my que over.

I've rated about 2,000 movies... All that is going to disappear? Is there any way I can save all that info, because I'd rather not go through it all again.

Yeah, I'm happy to have this but it's like....another big computer organization thing I need to do now and I'm not sure I feel like doing it.

I've rated about 2,000 movies... All that is going to disappear? Is there any way I can save all that info, because I'd rather not go through it all again.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
a8t6QU4.gif

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Step 1: Create User Profiles
Step 2: Google buys Netflix
Step 3: Google links Google+/Gmail to Netflix
Step 4: Everyone shames you for all of the silly "Steamy Romances" you watched

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So i set up my profile on the website but on my PS3 its still just my gfs account lol. How do I switch?

While I don't know if the Netflix app was updated or was just enabled, there should be a star screen where you select the profile, and past that there should be a picture at the top right next to a profiles button that should be square, this will allow you to change between them. If you can't see that then it is possible that it isn't updated yet to do so, though it did just randomly appear today and I didn't notice a Netflix update.

rrs

So much for messing up my parent's netflix account with a marathon of Top Gear, ATHF, and Digimon

Mairu

I get this error when I'm trying to add a profile:

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again.

Oh well :[

Cudder

While I don't know if the Netflix app was updated or was just enabled, there should be a star screen where you select the profile, and past that there should be a picture at the top right next to a profiles button that should be square, this will allow you to change between them. If you can't see that then it is possible that it isn't updated yet to do so, though it did just randomly appear today and I didn't notice a Netflix update.

On my ps3 i got a little pop up to select which profile i want to use.

Never got a pop up or anything. I'm in Canada if that makes a difference. I don't think it should, though, because it let me create the different profiles on the website in the first place.

Very wise, Netflix. Collect data on how many people are actually using your service.
How long do you guys think we have until they introduce either a tiered cost per users, or they force people to pay for individual accounts, and/or limit the amount of IPs which have access?

Stet

Banned
Very wise, Netflix. Collect data on how many people are actually using your service.
How long do you guys think we have until they introduce either a tiered cost per users, or they force people to pay for individual accounts, and/or limit the amount of IPs which have access?

They already limit me to two devices at once and have for a long time.

Thank you! My wife and kids taste in movies/shows sickens me..I can finally be done with all those HORRIBLE recommendations!
Your not the only one, my brother has demolished my recommendations. Can't wait till they release on other platforms since he doesn't watch on ps3, although I've already made him a profile to kick his ass off mine once the time comes.

Wag

Profiles is also available on the website and my Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu-Ray player. How about we list everyone's devices/players it's available on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom