• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Castlevania Season 3’s Release Date Just Got Stealth Dropped on Twitter

Mista

Banned
Castlevania-Season-3-Netflix.jpg

In a total stealth drop, Netflix Nordic’s official Twitter account just revealed that Castlevania Season 3 is set to launch next week, Dec. 1.

garballax

woo hoo! can't wait to see what they do with season 3. would love to see this show go on long enough to cover more of the Belmont bloodline.

Nightrunner

I saw this tweet making the rounds earlier today. Given that they're almost done with post could very well be true, though it does make me wonder why they're sending it out on Dec 1 without releasing any trailers or even short promos.

Last edited:

Davey Cakes

I loved season 1 but for some reason I can't master the will to watch season 2. I will, eventually.
Common opinion is that Season 2 is BETTER than Season 1, unless you really hate character development. It takes its time but builds to a satisfying climax.

S2 solidified my confidence in the series moving forward. The quality is on an upswing. I DO hope S3 had a slightly higher budget, but we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Mato

Common opinion is that Season 2 is BETTER than Season 1, unless you really hate character development. It takes its time but builds to a satisfying climax.

S2 solidified my confidence in the series moving forward. The quality is on an upswing. I DO hope S3 had a slightly higher budget, but we'll have to wait and see.

Cool, I will try to watch it soon. I know I will end up enjoying it.

I get this, and not saying you're wrong, but you might be.

S2 has lots of elements which are probably necessary for a good story, but when the 3 protagonists are underutilized, it's hard to support. Yes you're right, the ending is spectacular. In fact, this scene is probably my favorite scene in anything in recent memory. (spoiler-ish I guess. Sound on is necessary for this scene)

S3 I'll definitely binge, but I hope we get more screen-time for the main characters.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
First season was like 7/10 (not much was happening and I thought it was too short), but second was 8/10 or even 9/10 in parts. Can't wait.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Ho? It is out? How will a dead feminist vampire go (I assume) with Netflix's "target" demographic?

plushyp

Any word on which game they are covering for Season 3? I remember Adi Shanker the producer saying that he has a soft spot for Soma Cruz but I guess it's too early for his storyline to feature.

Last edited:

Nightrunner

Any word on which game they are covering for Season 3? I remember Adi Shanker the producer saying that he has a soft spot for Soma Cruz but I guess it's too early for his storyline to feature.
S3 is either gonna cover Curse of Darkness or serve as a setup for CoD. I think we're not even gonna get to Simon let alone SotN.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Nah the best we can hope for is for them to wrap up CoD in S3 so that they can do Rondo/SotN afterwards.
You could do all of Curse of Darkness in 3 episodes (unless season 3 has the same pacing as season 2). I think you bring Alucard in for season 3, because like Dracula, he can remain a constant for the series due to his immortality and relationships with his father, the humans, and the Belmonts. Focusing a whole season on Hector and Isaac would be a mistake.

Nightrunner

You could do all of Curse of Darkness in 3 episodes (unless season 3 has the same pacing as season 2). I think you bring Alucard in for season 3, because like Dracula, he can remain a constant for the series due to his immortality and relationships with his father, the humans, and the Belmonts. Focusing a whole season on Hector and Isaac would be a mistake.
They wasted plenty of time during S2 on those pretentious political scenes and at the Belmont library so I wouldn't put it past them to do it again in S3 since the showrunners are pretty much doing their own thing and now we have Carmilla + her new generals. I don't know if Alucard will be in S3 or not (probably gonna guess he will because of how popular he is) but it's pretty clear they're gonna focus on Hector and Isaac now.

plushyp

S3 is either gonna cover Curse of Darkness or serve as a setup for CoD. I think we're not even gonna get to Simon let alone SotN.
That makes the most sense given how they developed Hector as a reluctant antagonist in Season 2 and him being the protagonist of CoD.

KOMANI

KOMANI
They wasted plenty of time during S2 on those pretentious political scenes and at the Belmont library so I wouldn't put it past them to do it again in S3 since the showrunners are pretty much doing their own thing and now we have Carmilla + her new generals. I don't know if Alucard will be in S3 or not (probably gonna guess he will because of how popular he is) but it's pretty clear they're gonna focus on Hector and Isaac now.
Yeah, those library scenes went on for too long. You wouldnt think there would be filler in an 8 ep season, but there you go. Season 3 is 10 episodes. Although I do think it’s a mistake to make Hector and Isaac the focus, I do trust Warren Ellis to make it work.

edit: i also think it would be odd to focus a season on a game that’s not available on current gen. I’d imagine Konami pushing for stories to focus on games readily available.

Last edited:
Does this finishing mean the studio can get back to seis manos? That series is just as good if not slightly better than castlevania.

TindalosPup

I remember him being chained from the end of Season 2 but why is Trevor naked lol

You mean Hector?

He's Camilla's Female Superiority meets abusive pet owner- the character pet forgemaster, she'll be all about humiliating him, she beats and berates him when she be-shackles him

Top Bottom