• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix developing Resident Evil TV series

Mista

Banned
resident-final.jpg

Netflix is developing a scripted series based on the hit action horror franchise

According to Deadline, German production and distribution company Constantin Film which is behind the Resident Evil movies loosely based on the Capcom video game series, is the studio. Search is underway for a showrunner to shepherd the adaptation.

Mr Hyde

As long as Paul and Milla stay as far away as possible I´m game for more Resident Evil on the screen. Could also work much better on the small screen than on the big. Hopefully, they keep it closer to the games, atleast the first one should be a good premise to base the series on. Tone down the cheese and keep the suspense horror elements intact. Set it in the mansion, include Lisa Trevors plotline, ditch the snake and shark but keep the Tyrant and get the casting right and we got ourselves a winner. How fucking hard can it be?

Could be cool, but i really hope it not as b-movie jank as the games.

As much as i love it in the games it doesnt belong in a wellproduced series

The first Mila RE movie was actually great, even though it was a bit re-imagined. The soundtrack was spot on too. Then the second movie came out and it was a pile of embarrassing shit ever since.

GrayChild

Cautiously optimistic. I guess even if it doesn't live up to the hype, it will be better than the live-action movie adaptation.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I mean, it can't possibly be any worse than the movies, so sure, why not.

ookami

That's some great news. It can't be worse than those movies. However, I do have some concerns about how close they should follow the plot.
Do we want to see the adaptation of the game, even though we're really familiar with the events and will get few surprises or do we want a reinterpretation using the codes of the game?

Last edited:

Nella

Oh, that's really cool! I guess it'll be something like The Walking Dead? A show with zombies but with more emphasis on the characters rather than horror, since these type of mindless apocalypse horror shows usually don't rate very well.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Imagine True Detective but with the STARS members, first season is just investigating grisly murders and weird surveillance by Umbrella.... Season 1 finale ends with Alpha Team's helicopter crashing in the Arklay Forest and them running towards the Spencer Mansion.

I'm getting a chub just thinking about it.

Dacon

Banned
Imagine True Detective but with the STARS members, first season is just investigating grisly murders and weird surveillance by Umbrella.... Season 1 finale ends with Alpha Team's helicopter crashing in the Arklay Forest and them running towards the Spencer Mansion.

I'm getting a chub just thinking about it.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment friend.

Self harm is bad.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Interesting. My first thought about this reminds of the models they used in RE2R. In that they could have made a TV show if their models weren't that modified with tools and special tech.

Get Justin Hartley from This is Us to play Leon. Haha

Milla's husband not directing/producing?

:messenger_smirking:

I believe they're tackling Monster Hunter at the moment.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
No thanks. I'm quite content with the games and the CGI movies. Literally zero interest in this moneygrab.

Top Bottom