• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix for the Wii U has got a complete overhaul - It's like a dream come true!

cacildo

Wow, sounds like it was almost useless before. You couldn't even resume where you left off? Talk about a neglected version. But good that it's finally caught up to where other versions have been for years.

"ALMOST USELESS!!!"

yeah, almost useless. Ive been watching netflix since 2013 on my wiiu but it was almost useless.

It was fine. Now its a little bit prettier

Jackano

I guess some gaffers will be very happy with this.
I have someone in my friendlist, Shue I think? I swear he/she is always playing netflix, whenever I power my Wii U! :)

Mareg

I went ahead and logged on my Wii U yesterday.
Logged onto the store and searched for the netflix app. It was there but there were no mention of any update. The app seemed to work perfectly and it resumed and skipped automatically to the next episode.

Is it obviously written when an app gets updated on the store ?

KingBroly

Banned
Logged onto the store and searched for the netflix app. It was there but there were no mention of any update. The app seemed to work perfectly and it resumed and skipped automatically to the next episode.

You go to the My Downloads section for Updates. You don't have to go to the eShop to get them on Wii U.

iKhayal18

Great news! I guess us Spanish users will get the best experience from the start now that the service is coming here in October.

Now, it would be great if Youtube did the same and improved their Youtube app, which was great at the beginning but has been getting worse gradually...

I believe the Netflix app is primarily web-based. In other words, the actual "app" on the console is just a wrapper that loads a specialized web page and handles video playback. So all Netflix had to do was update that specialized web page on their servers, and as long as the wrapper app could still handle it, it didn't need to download an update.

fred

Anyone got any idea how to turn down or turn off the volume on the GamePad..? Having the volume on both is doing my head in!!!

The only reason I never used Netflix on my Wii U was that I couldn't use profiles since my account defaults to someone else's....

FINALLY!!!

BTW: Netflix once said that it was the Wii U's fault and that these things couldn't be done... Lazy mofos.

Frodo

I can't believe it took them so long to do this! But I'm glad they did.

I had stopped using the Wii U for Netflix and moved to the PS4, but now Wii U >>> PS4 for me. When will Amazon Prime, tbh?

fred

I can't believe it took them so long to do this! But I'm glad they did.

I had stopped using the Wii U for Netflix and moved to the PS4, but now Wii U >>> PS4 for me. When will Amazon Prime, tbh?

Amazon Prime needs LOADS of work but I'm not holding my breathe lol. Adding subtitles would be a good start, my hearing is screwed due to being in a couple of bands and working in a biker's pub for 10 years.

Top Bottom