• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix working on "The Witcher" TV show

mm04

Okay, I'm down. I totally fell in love with the world and story of Witcher 3. With Netflix attached to this, I would assume the production values to be pretty good, at the least.
Team Triss!

Zasa

Holy shit, yes please. Netflix stays winning. Just hope they give it a heathy budget now that the pretty awful Marco Polo is cancelled.

Okay, I'm down. I totally fell in love with the world and story of Witcher 3. With Netflix attached to this, I would assume the production values to be pretty good, at the least.
Team Triss!

Triss is little more than an regular side character in the novels which this is based on. Fringilla ranks way above her in the waifu wars there as well.

Kinyou

Awesome, awesome ,awesome.
Tomek Baginski directed the intro movies for the witcher games, with him attached to it I have a lot of faith in this.

Vibranium

Banned
Super excited that it is following the books, this could be great. Plus they can change parts of the saga that don't flow as well. Geralt and Yen will be important casting choices. Also, I would love it if Regis appears. I don't expect Ciri to be in the first season, maybe only for a few episodes.

Hopefully they focus on the short stories over the novels. They can't not adapt The Lesser Evil.

Yeah, adapting the short stories should be what they follow from the start.

louiedog

So people seem to think this is going to be Netflix's Game of Thrones and there's going to be lots of sex.

I'd like to suggest the OT be titled "Witcher is coming"

Im gonna be cautious approaching this till I see the trailer. Casting and writing is going to be crucial to this project. Finding someone who can look and act the part is gonna be difficult.

Witcher series should do its own thing like GOT. Follow the books but also not be afraid of veering away and following videogames as well.

Every episode better have a monster hunt though. I could watch a series like this. In fact just hire the dude who plays Geralt.

CloudWolf

Triss is little more than an regular side character in the novels which this is based on. Fringilla ranks way above her in the waifu wars there as well.
Yep, the only reason Triss is such a big deal in the games is because CD Projekt Red didn't want to use Yennefer and Ciri for the first game yet, so they put Triss in the place Yennefer should be in and created Alvin aka Discount Ciri aka
the best main villain in the Witcher games

Super excited that it is following the books, this could be great. Plus they can change parts of the saga that don't flow as well. Geralt and Yen will be important casting choices. Also, I would love it if Regis appears. I don't expect Ciri to be in the first season, maybe only for a few episodes.
Well, if they should do Regis, they have to do Ciri, considering Regis doesn't show up until much later.

Malmorian

PLEASE cast Mads Mikkelson as Geralt. Fucking please. Spend the money on great contacts and you can't ask for a better lead. He's even got the accent and the experience, Hannibal sold me as my man-crush

Blue Lou

I think Julian Assange is throwing his hat in the ring to play Geralt.

DATmcVdW0AAPn3a.jpg

Carn82

bump. Netflix updated the description.. much better now!

The witcher Geralt, a mutated monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
The monster hunting will take a back seat, unless they go the Supernatural route of having one off episodes. And considering Netflix usually doesn't like shows that don't move the plot forward, it will be a very story-based show.

Top Bottom