• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

never tired about the streams of Ninja? you can read the comic then

-Arcadia-

Banned
I thought this was pure cringe at first, but reading the article, it actually seems kind of meta and cool for kids.

People are always getting sucked into games: remember Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over? I do. The latest victim of the trend appears to be Tyler “Ninja” Blevins, gamer extraordinaire, whose new comic book Ninja: The Most Dangerous Game — co-created by comics writer Justin Jordan and Team Liquid illustrator Felipe Magaña — finds our boy accidentally teleported into a battle royale game that happens to not look anything like Fortnite.

The plot, as I understand it, kicks off when Blevins is streaming one day. The doorbell rings, and a package has mysteriously appeared on his doorstep. “Okay, weird,” he says, after ending his stream early to check it out, something the real-life Ninja would probably never do. “No one is supposed to have this address.” Inside is a controller, which transports Ninja and a couple of his gamer friends into the world of the Ketterung. The game.

The idea of famous game streamers pulled into a game, where they have to do the stuff they’re famed for, for real, is kind of interesting.

Plus, would you turn down the chance to have a comic book written about you?

TacosNSalsa

I thought this was pure cringe at first, but reading the article, it actually seems kind of meta and cool for kids.

The idea of famous game streamers pulled into a game, where they have to do the stuff they’re famed for, for real, is kind of interesting.

Plus, would you turn down the chance to have a comic book written about you?
Wow..its a modern day Captain N ! His name even fits .

TacosNSalsa

Why people want to watch someone play games instead of playing games themselves always baffles me.
As someone who works from home streams are amazing background noise . As much as I would like I can't play all the time . There are times also I don't feel like playing but still want to watch .

-Arcadia-

Banned
Why people want to watch someone play games instead of playing games themselves always baffles me.

If it’s a linear single player game I could be playing myself, I totally agree.

If it’s multiplayer, though, or a very non-linear game that allows for a lot of styles of play, and choices, I’m kind of into watching streams. Not only can I learn interesting things about how to play, it’s fun to watch how someone else approaches everything, especially if they have a good personality and sense of how to be an entertainer.

It’s also nice when you sometimes don’t feel like playing, and just want to casually enjoy something, or you have less interest in a game, or are seeing if it’d be something you’d want to buy.

stranno

It makes sense in survival-crafting games, complex RPG games, simulators or something like that, when it is faster to know how to play watching someone playing it properly than learning yourself alone (with usually zero information from the game). Complex competitive games could be there too.

But, in any other genre, yeah, i agree.

Last edited:
Top Bottom