• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Alien Game in Development!

There really needs to be an Aliens game more in the vein of L4D...but slower and darker...more nerve wracking where you can turn around and one of your team mates is gone. Players would need to commit to not using discord while playing though..

molasar

Banned

MiguelItUp

Good to know, but man, I hope they share stuff soon. How has it been years and we haven't seen anything?

molasar

Banned
Want> Alien Isolation treatment for ALIENS

Your prayers are answered.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Yeah, I wonder myself if the project stays on current platforms (still compatible with the next gen) or they are going to move to the next gen.
Right? I'd like to think they're going to next gen and maybe that's why we haven't heard or seen more? I'm sure we'll find out in due time. I'll still hope that we hear an inkling of something this year.

Stuart360

DI0tdE0WsAET_T0.jpg

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I don't think MetalAlien MetalAlien visits gaming-side much but I'm tagging him anyhow lmao.

You know what Alien game went past the radar but I want?

This baby....

h1Fuu6w.jpg

I still have copies of Colonial Marines and Isolation btw. I actually liked Colonial Marines if only they originally fixed some of the bugs. Funny how the fan/modding community discovered and somewhat fixed the AI bug in CM.

Edit: oh crap this is an old thread.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I want this as bad if not more than anyone else, haha. It hurts to see, but it IS coming. One of the devs tweeted about playing it at home on a 4K display and how good it looked. I was like wtf?! SHOW IT, lmao.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
We knew about this game. We even got digital bios docs separately for each marine with proper full color artworks from friends from SEGA/WayForward back in the day and it was requested privately.
Wayforward.

Figures.

What a great company and track record. They're masters of the modern retro platformer. Them and Inti Creates.

MetalAlien

Banned
I don't think MetalAlien MetalAlien visits gaming-side much but I'm tagging him anyhow lmao.

You know what Alien game went past the radar but I want?

This baby....

h1Fuu6w.jpg

I still have copies of Colonial Marines and Isolation btw. I actually liked Colonial Marines if only they originally fixed some of the bugs. Funny how the fan/modding community discovered and somewhat fixed the AI bug in CM.

Edit: oh crap this is an old thread.
Nice! I recently played Aliens CM on PC because I had the infinite armor cheat enabled.. I like seeing all the work they put into the sets and locations and it's always fun to shoot a zenomorph.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The official prequel to the huge new Alien video game from Cold Iron Studios, as a Weyland-Yutani scientist arrives at Pala Station and finds the researchers there courting disaster... of the Xenomorph kind.

Dr. Timothy Hoenikker arrives on Pala Station, a Weyland-Yutani facility. Lured there by the promise of alien artifacts, instead he finds a warped bureaucracy and staff of misfits testing the effects of Xenomorph bio-materials on living creatures. Unbeknownst to the personnel, however, there is an infiltrator among them whose actions could spell disaster. Also on staff is Victor Rawlings, a former marine who gathers together other veterans to prepare for the worst. As the personnel receive a delivery of alien eggs, the experiments spin out of control, and only the former Colonial Marines can stand between the humans and certain death.

molasar

Banned
This is not an Alien game - this is an Aliens game. There's a difference.

The official title for a game was not announced yet at that time. What was known that it is based on the Alien franchise.
Here something from their own website:

"About Us​

Cold Iron Studios was founded in 2015 by three industry veterans who had a goal of creating games they want to play and building a team they love working with. Since then, the team has expanded to 40+ awesome developers. We’re a diverse group of passionate gamers with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning shooter, MMO, and action titles. Currently, the team is working on a new PC and console shooter based on the Alien franchise. If you’re interested in joining us, check out our open positions!"

Top Bottom