• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Amano FFXV art with tons of Summons. Up: Some event leaks. Browse at own risk

u_neek

Pleeeease could somebody create a spoiler free thread? I wont be able to watch this live and know that many of my Euro brothers and sisters won't be able to either.

nictron

Choo Choo

tumblr_mw01slxcif1r29dxeo4_500.gif

some low-res screen shots from
JP blog
dm2qwlY.jpg

MxAiOac.jpg

2GYoQN1.jpg

JdvUMpS.jpg

NzglXki.jpg

detail will be revealed in UNCOVERED FFXV.

update: all pictures of the above are related to one "certain" content, according to the blog.

I assume that is playable tech demo

Surprised these have got so little attention. Looks to be our first in-engine shot of Altissia. Could that be the site of the playable demo? I'm also still weirded out by the perspective from the nursery shots.

Boke1879

some low-res screen shots from
JP blog
dm2qwlY.jpg

MxAiOac.jpg

2GYoQN1.jpg

JdvUMpS.jpg

NzglXki.jpg

detail will be revealed in UNCOVERED FFXV.

update: all pictures of the above are related to one "certain" content, according to the blog.

I assume that is playable tech demo

These looks so damn good. Can't wait to explore. Hopefully the tech demo is available soon

Altissia exploration demo would be crazy. Dont think these screens can be from big cinematic trailer, as those monsters are too incongruous.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wait, best summon Shiva's coming back???!!!

az478XS.gif

Hopefully they make her the Ice QUEEN again. Excited to see her in full glory after the great job they did with Ramuh.

Soriku

Wait, best summon Shiva's coming back???!!!

Hopefully they make her the Ice QUEEN again. Excited to see her in full glory after the great job they did with Ramuh.

She's a series staple...so it would be more surprising if she wasn't it. But yeah I'm looking forward to seeing all the summons.

Any chance Alexander might still be in the game?

They're still using Prompto's old design on the banners.

His old hairstyle is better :x I don't like the Cloud wannabe hair that has been abused too much.

Boke1879

i got the appropriate alcohol for tomorrow. Work is gonna suck. Very happy its later in the night.

Thank goodness I'll have work to get me through the day even though my mind will totally on this. You just know they'll be teasing things throughout the day as well.

Aters

lol at folks hyping this up.

Y'all still haven't learned your lesson about Square-Enix yet?

It's rather ignorant to disqualify a big publisher such as Square Enix because of one or two missteps. Apart from FFXV, they still have many titles to release in these two years, and I believe most of them will end up being good.

When it comes to presentation, Square have some low time such as the recent Dragon Quest event, but they have delivered plenty of good events too. Their last ATR was great. The DQ presentation last year was sheer magic.

.JayZii

Banned
It's too bad your impromptu Paint contest got shut down in the other thread before it finished. Good idea, though. That was fun.
I guess you weren't around for the meltdowns over the last few times SE did some kind of reveal like this.

Edit: I'm not talking about the game itself folks.
This isn't hoping for a trailer at a game convention, though. It's a large scale dedicated event. Are you saying they aren't going to give out information on FFXV at a 2 hour event dedicated entirely to FFXV?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I mean, this is the same company that originally announced FFVII for the PS4, then trolled everyone with it being the PC version (at the time we had no clue about VII Remake coming later)...

I guess you weren't around for the meltdowns over the last few times SE did some kind of reveal like this.

Edit: I'm not talking about the game itself folks.

Few would say SE hasn't made some marketing missteps on XV. But there have been some extremely hype moments as well (XV reveal, first Tabata car trailer, base infiltration footage). SE is pulling out all the stops for Uncovered. Maybe it will flop. Or maybe it will be an event for the ages.

enigmatic_alex44

Square-Enix needs to come through tomorrow.

How much do they have riding on the success of XV? Is it a do or die situation?

Is there a countdown for this or at least a time for when this starts in Los Angeles or New York time?

10pm est

Square-Enix needs to come through tomorrow.

How much do they have riding on the success of XV? Is it a do or die situation?

FF7r is their get out of jail free card and even then some fans aren't happy with the combat situation. So yeah you could say a lot is riding on this title.

Top Bottom