• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Amano FFXV art with tons of Summons. Up: Some event leaks. Browse at own risk

HMD

Can computer wizardry extract thumbnails or something like that? the whole video would be nice too...

Ydelnae

I also wonder if we are getting Dissidia this year on PS4.

Considering they are kind of struggling updating the Arcade version with the remain characters, I don't expect to see the Dissidia console port until Fall 2017. And that's for the best, we certainly don't want another fighter game being launch missing content.

a ff7 Remake Demo included in FF15 wouldn't surprise me at all.

Just look how much more hype FF7 generated than 15

VIIR hype was off the charts, but if you added up and compressed all 10 years of cumulative v-XIII and XV hype into a one week span, I think it would tip the scales. 10 years of accreted hopes and dreams.

Deliver unto us lord Tabata!

SPAW

VIIR hype was off the charts, but if you added up and compressed all 10 years of cumulative v-XIII and XV hype into a one week span, I think it would tip the scales. 10 years of accreted hopes and dreams.

Deliver unto us lord Tabata!

But where is his preacher, M_knight???

Byvar

No, no, you're all wrong. Of course they're not going to announce any remake at the event. I'm pretty sure it will go like this:
The lights go out. The theater is packed -- security guards do their best to keep news-hungry fans out of the theater, but lose all control when a new trailer starts playing.
This new trailer shows off new areas such as the desert and Tenebrae. At one point in the trailer we see Gladio and Ignis engage in a bitch-slap fight a la FFVII. After a few more battle scenes we see Noctis and Luna fighting side-by-side in Altissia, at which point Luna summons Leviathan. The trailer continues into the in-game version of the Leviathan scenes, starting where the tech demo left off. Suddenly, the man with the white hood comes into view and casts Ultima on Leviathan. The trailer ends with the hooded man performing a little victory dance and stepping toward the screen.
The hooded man (or someone dressed as him) walks onto the stage and takes of his hood. It is Nomura! Nomura confirms that he will be an optional party member in FFXV.

The lights turn red and a lifesize Magitek armor walks onto stage. The Distant Worlds orchestra emerges from the shadows and along with Shimomura on piano, they start playing battle music. Noctis, Prompto, Gladio and Ignis cosplayers are called on stage to help Nomura fight the Magitek armor. They are asked to line up in a row and wait for their turn to attack. After a small battle, Tabata jumps out of the Magitek armor while Yoko Shimomura plays the traditional FF victory music.

Tabata announces that a turn-based mode is coming to FFXV as DLC. "Please be excited", he says in English. He continues to talk about being unsure whether or not airships will be in the main game or the DLC while the lights fade out once more. Some screams are heard from the stage before the room is filled with the scent of roses and wine. Someone slowly approaches the front of the stage -- his footsteps echo through the room.
Pink spotlights are suddenly aimed at the Noctis cosplayers. They have been turned into Lightning cosplayers and the man at the front of the stage is revealed to be none other than Toriyama.

There is a lot of confusion among the fans, but somebody shouts "Oh nice, a crossdressing scene in FFXV!" and everyone is cool with it.
But then, Toriyama holds up a rose, takes a deep breath, and says: "With the announcement of Final Fantasy XV, the legend has met its match. But... The world is ever changing... For Her second coming." A logo appears on the screen: "Lightning's World Tour: Final Fantasy XV-0". This is the rumored prequel movie in which a young Regis meets the woman of his life and Noctis' mother: Lightning. She is a pop star now! When the crystal of Lucis is stolen by an unknown force, Regis accompanies Lightning on her world tour and must go undercover to find out who the thief is and return the crystal to Lucis.

At this point, Toriyama has been talking about Lightning for over 10 minutes already and many fans have left out of disappointment. The theater is half-empty. The Square-Enix staff decide to pull Toriyama from the stage and send Shinji Hashimoto on instead to apologize for trolling the fans. Since people are still leaving the theater, Shinji Hashimoto then calls Hironobu Sakaguchi on stage, who -- while still in charge of Mistwalker -- announces that he has teamed up with Square-Enix to create Final Fantasy XVI. It's coming out right now, because that's just how fast Sakaguchi is.
Fans are suddenly streaming back into the theater to watch Sakaguchi and Uematsu (who is composing for the game) play the first hour of FFXVI. It looks fantastic. After the demo, Sakaguchi leaves while the Distant Worlds orchestra plays the Final Fantasy theme. The fans demand an encore, and they play a song Uematsu composed for FFXVI.

Hours after the event, Square Enix posts an apology on facebook and twitter: due to the Distant Worlds encore, they had no more time to announce the release date of FFXV.
It is first announced on social media for the 30th of September of 2015, which is later corrected to 2016. The six videos released on YouTube are:
  • Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV -- Lifestream (it's Square-Enix's pun on Livestream)
  • Final Fantasy XV -- Ultima Trailer
  • Final Fantasy XV in Real Life: An Active Time Battle (just a video of the stage battle)
  • Lightning's World Tour: Final Fantasy XV-0 -- Announcement Trailer
  • Lightning's World Tour: Final Fantasy XV-0 Companion App Trailer (Toriyama did not get a chance to talk about this)
  • Final Fantasy XVI -- Announcement Trailer

In other words, the hype has reached a critical level.

Aters

Seriesly you guys should stop doing this to yourselves. There won't be FFVIIR, even more so FFVIR or FFXIIHD or FFXVI or FFXV-2.
There will be a great story trailer, some new ingame footage, some interviews, info about release date and price and CE, some dumb onstage performance.
The biggest surprise they can give us is that the new demo is ready for download, but I highly doubt it.

Vespa

Not sure if it's worth posting but tried to straighten out the artwork:
pIaboRP.jpg

Koozek

Seriesly you guys should stop doing this to yourselves. There won't be FFVIIR, even more so FFVIR or FFXIIHD or FFXVI or FFXV-2.
There will be a great story trailer, some new ingame footage, some interviews, info about release date and price and CE, some dumb onstage performance.
The biggest surprise they can give us is that the new demo is ready for download, but I highly doubt it.

Believe
™

SPAW

Wandering in the wilderness for 40 days and 40 nights. He will return at the chosen time to speak of visions of a hype so great it might devour the sun.

As it is written in the holy prophecies of the M_Knight chronicles

The Shadow shall rise across the world, and darken every land, even to the smallest corner, and there shall be neither Light nor safety.
And he who shall be born of the Dawn, born of the Maiden, according to Prophecy,
he shall stretch forth his hands to catch the Shadow,
and the world shall scream in the pain of salvation.
All Glory be to the Creator, and to the Light, and to he who shall be born again. May the Light save us from him.

What nerds we are
and damn I am sooo HYPED for this!

Not sure if it's worth posting but tried to straighten out the artwork:

Yo is that a half woman half spider thing in the middle towards the bottom?

And is that Noctis carrying Luna to the left of the Spider Woman? And is that General Glauca underneath them?

1. Final Fantasy XV Dusk Trailer
2. Final Fantasy Collector's Edition Trailer
3. Final Fantasy XV CG Movie Announcement Trailer
4. Final Fantasy XIV x Final Fantasy XV collaboration Trailer
5. Final Fantasy XV Release Date Announcement Trailer
6. Final Fantasy XV Tech Demo Announcement Trailer

butman

1. Final Fantasy XV Dusk Trailer
2. Final Fantasy Collector's Edition Trailer
3. Final Fantasy XV CG Movie Announcement Trailer
4. Final Fantasy XIV x Final Fantasy XV collaboration Trailer
5. Final Fantasy XV Release Date Announcement Trailer
6. Final Fantasy VI Remake Teaser

Fixed

As it is written in the holy prophecies of the M_Knight chronicles

What nerds we are
and damn I am sooo HYPED for this!

Ha ha, the only fear now is that baldfalk
i.e., Judas
betrays M_Knight to the Romans
i.e., delays his account reinstatement until 4/1
for 30 pieces of silver
i.e., for shits and giggles

SPAW

Ha ha, the only fear now is that baldfalk
i.e., Judas
casts M_Knight to the lions
i.e., delays his account reinstatement until 4/1

Jepp, BaldFalk sure changed character after he got that red-color name-tag.....

30 silver pieces and so on.

1. Yoko Shimomura Performance inc some new gameplay footage
2. Ultima Troll says the release date is coming and laughs
3. Final Fantasy XV: Deus CG Movie (by Visual Works, 60mins long) trailer
4. Ultima Troll + Tabata Present the release date trailer. Aug 27th. Fuck Deus Ex.
5. Standard Edition incs code for FFVIIR Part 1 Demo coming December 2016.
6. Collector's Edition includes game, CG Movie, Full OST + digital code, Amano and Nomura Art Book, Plushie of Stella

...one more thing...

7. A video from Nomura saying FFVIIR development is going well and Part 1 will be released in 2017, look forward to TGS and Jump Fiesta for more.

I'm very much looking forward to this event.

I also don't expect anything else mentioned other than XV related stuff but would go totally batshit for a FFVIR or a new entry in the Chrono Trigger series.

You think people would break their waters more by ff6r or a new chrono trigger game?

yunbuns

Guys.

1. FFXV trailer
2. FFXV movie trailer
3. FFVIR trailer
4. FFVIIR trailer
5. FFXII HD trailer
6. FFXVI trailer

It's happening.

FL44Umy.gif

More like

1. Final Fantasy XV Uncovered Story Trailer
  2. Final Fantasy XV Uncovered Story Trailer (Español)
  3. Final Fantasy XV Uncovered Story Trailer (Français)
  4. Final Fantasy XV Uncovered Story Trailer (Deutsche)
  5. Final Fantasy XV Uncovered Story Trailer (Japanese)
  6. Final Fantasy XV Uncovered Story Trailer (Italiano)
KVGgqdW.gif

LuuKyK

I know some people are just going crazy in here, but since I am not really following these XV threads lately I have to ask...

Is there a reason why some are expecting a XV CG movie? Because that sounds completely unreasonable to me. Even an anime would make more sense.

Ray Down

Banned
I know some people are just going crazy in here, but since I am not really following these XV threads lately I have to ask...

Is there a reason why some are expecting a XV CG movie? Because that sounds completely unreasonable to me. Even an anime would make more sense.

Some rumors that popped up in previous FFXV threads, have no idea if they are true or not.

R3birthFl4me

Neo Member
One of those trailers is reserved to Nomura, he will come on stage and announce a surprise for everyone, then a Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer starts playing with Sora,Donald and Goofy getting their asses kicked and just when they're about to die Noctis, Ignis, Gladiolus and Prompto step in to save them, the enemies are defeated and everyone poses for the camera with Final Fantasy victory fanfare music playing.

Top Bottom