• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Amazon food delivery service - Prime Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/08/am...ry-service-via-prime-now-starting-in-seattle/

Amazon announced this morning that it’s making restaurant delivery an option via its one-hour delivery app Prime Now. The news confirms earlier reports which indicated Amazon was staffing up a new restaurants division to compete with services like GrubHub with hires in both Seattle and New York. However, the new food delivery service is initially debuting in select Seattle ZIP codes, with plans to expand to additional neighborhoods, then later, to new markets where Prime Now operates.

Similar to GrubHub and Seamless. I'm interested to see how this will compete in big cities.

I used this while at PAX prime and ordered one hour delivery. In 21 minutes my order was at my door. Everthing was picked in ten minutes or so, you can track it in app in realtime. But what i wasnt expecting was how it was delivered. They delivered it via bike messenger, i felt so bad. But i h e to hand it to amazon they delivered.

Jzero

Prime Now is available in Los Angeles now. I'll probaly try it tomorrow but i'll feel bad if they're making people deliver it by bikes.

Aeana

I use Prime Now regularly in the DFW area for odds and ends that I'm too lazy to make a trip to the store for. I really like the service. Adding food delivery to it sounds interesting.

Jzero

Oh cool just used it and you can leave a tip. Don't feel bad anymore.

Edit: Do you get an order confirmation? I don't think my order went through since it's not under "my orders" and my card hasn't been charged.

Mindwipe

Prime Now in the UK is pretty awful. Lots of fanfare, no products.

(For instance, in the games section I looked for Destiny last night, and of the 10 top selling items on Amazon, Prime Now carried only one of them, and even that was only in one of the four options.)

Prime Now is a nice idea, but I'm really not interested in groceries, and it sucks at everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom