• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New ANNO 1701 DS videos

ksamedi

FlyinJ said:
I just got my import version in today.

I have to say, this in an amazing piece of DS programming. Everything about it just oozes quality... the map scrolling is blazing fast. You can actually "whip" the map around the screen by dragging the stylus across the screen then letting go, and the inertia of your stroke translates into how fast the map scrolls and settles.

Creating buildings is a breeze as well. You can either select a new building to create from the right side interface, or press on an existing building and pick "duplicate" from a pop up menu.

Gameplay is almost a carbon copy of the PC game. Create the basics of your settlement (houses, lumberjacks, fishing huts, sheep farms, etc) and then build up to the more advanced needs as your city grows.

Settlers 2 DS was a complete disaster. I'm so happy that 1701 does everything Settlers 2 should have and so much more. I can't recommend this game enough. It's absurd that this game hasn't gotten a US publisher yet... it's one of the finest DS games I've played to date.

I agree with this post, brought this game with me to a vacation in Spain and I had a really good time with it. The interface works great.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
farnham said:
Isnt this already out.. or am i confusing this with Siedler..?

Siedler (Settlers 2) is out in the US. And it is also the -worst- game I have ever purchased. Even worse than Sin which took 20 minutes to load a level and 5 minutes to save. EDIT: Settlers 2 on the DS makes the first release of Battlecruiser 3000 look like Star Control 2.

Settlers 2 is a goddamn disgrace, and I can't believe Nintendo would let it be published at all. The game runs at 4 frames per second if you're lucky, and will crash after 10 minutes of play no matter what. That's right, it hard locks your DS.

Anno1701, on the other hand, is one of the finest pieces of DS programming to date.. and a damn good game. It's also unfortunately only available in Europe, with no US publisher or release date.

Gwanatu T

IT'S ABOUT TIME! Finally these strategy games are pouring in for the DS! Now we just need that FPS thing to catch on and I'll be happy as a pig in mud.

Peru

Doing the ol' bump with no good new points to add - except for one: It's still great! Simply one of the most impressive pieces of handheld programming I've ever encountered. The ease of use and overall lean design makes it appealing to pick up and do a mission many, many months after I first got it. The sandbox mode gives you the choices needed to tailor whatever strategy quick-fix you yearn. If you non-europeans are importing only one DS game, make it this one.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Peru said:
Doing the ol' bump with no good new points to add - except for one: It's still great! Simply one of the most impressive pieces of handheld programming I've ever encountered. The ease of use and overall lean design makes it appealing to pick up and do a mission many, many months after I first got it. The sandbox mode gives you the choices needed to tailor whatever strategy quick-fix you yearn. If you non-europeans are importing only one DS game, make it this one.
Ill probably import this game in January. You convinced me into buying it quite a while ago :)

Beavertown

Garbage
anyone pick this up? I just got it and played for awhile.. seems like a pretty decent settlers type game.. didn't feel like making a thread for it though.

Top Bottom