• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Arrested Development tonight w/ Ben Stiller!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theo

Contest Winner
promo2152sm2ou.jpg

promo2151sm8ui.jpg

this will be the best episode of the season!

bionic77

Guzim said:
:lol :lol :lol

they made fun of Fox cutting down the number of episodes.

When did they do that?

I loved the very end where George Michael is doing the Star Wars thing. It will take awhile for that thing to get old.
:lol

theo

Contest Winner
this was the best episode all season!

this show cannot be canceled dammit!!!!

anyone else notice Dan Castellaneta was michael's doctor? i didnt recognize him until he said "d'oh"

I was kinda busy watching this one, so I'll have to rewatch it; aside from
GOB's fingers
it seemed more like the Season 1 subtle touches, and I'm not sure I picked up a lot of it, since I was unpacking at the same time. I did catch Dan Castelanetta's (Homer's) "d'oh" though. :)

Not their best.

Stiller was funny, the dumbwaiter thing was good, and I always enjoy the literal docter.

Oh, and Tobias' fake moustache was a nice touch.

bionic77

Guzim said:
In the beginning of the episode. "First it was 22, then they cut it down to 18."

I can't believe I missed that.

It always takes me at least 2 viewings to get all the jokes in an episode though.

theo

Contest Winner
also, at the end with the whole changing floors thing, is this a reference to a timeslot/network change for next season? i know they reshot some of this episode in recent weeks

bionic77

theo said:
also, at the end with the whole changing floors thing, is this a reference to a timeslot/network change for next season? i know they reshot some of this episode in recent weeks

That would literally be the greatest thing of all time.

Theo is officially the smartest and coolest person alive if this comes true.

theo

Contest Winner
and to take the conspiracy theory one step further, they moved from the 4th floor to the first. moving from 4th place network(fox) to first place network (nbc/cbs/abc?) i have no idea who the first place network is though

ArcadeStickMonk said:
Stiller was funny, the dumbwaiter thing was good, and I always enjoy the literal docter.

That's because he's from the Upright Citizen's Brigade, which makes him awesome by default.

Oh god that was such an awsome episode, Ben Stiller was awsome in it, and OMG
Buster paying back GOB was hilarious

And man, I would love to see another network pick it up if Fox is going to continue to act so fucking retarded, thye should be begging the writers and crew to keep having this show grace there network, if Fox wont give it the respect it is due, than let's get it on NBC. Sadly I know this is just wishfull thinking, and those anel fucks at Fox would rather see a good series die that ever give it to another network.

~Black Deatha

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
SnowWolf said:
I just want to hear "Final Countdown" again.
THAT'S the same of the song! Years ago I first heard the Final Countdown and when I watched tonight's episode, I turned to the tv trying to guess that tune. Thanks to Lathentar as well for providing the mp3 too.

calder

Not quite as brilliant as the last 2 eps, but still great. :lol

The cracks at FOX are, of course, very appreciated by me. The magic show was hilarious, and for me the funniest little side-gag was Buster and GOB talking and then Buster raising his arm and GOB freaking out because he'd forgotten about the hook. It really got me because the way they did the scene I hadn't thought about the hook either so I was just as startled. :lol

And Stiller as Tony Wonder was great, the goatee W and the way he kept pulling food or food coupons out of his body.

G.O.B.: Buster, the sword. Handle first. Handle first. (Screams.)

Audience gasps.

G.O.B.: Oh, my fingers! He cut off my bleeping fingers!

Buster: (Whimpers.)

Applause.

G.O.B.: (Groans in agony.)

Tony Wonder: Guy’s good. Damned good.

G.O.B.: I’m not kidding! He cut off my bleeping fingers!

Tony Wonder: I didn’t know we had taquitos.
:lol :lol :lol

FightyF

Banned
Is there any way to find out how the ratings went?

I'm hoping that if there is an increase for the past couple of weeks, that it may help change FOX's...WTF am I talking about...these guys cancelled Futurama and Family Guy with no mercy...

calder

In hindsight, thinking back on all the hilarious moments I'd have to say this was just as good as any of the best season 2 eps.

I mean, Dan Castellaneta saying:
"Well, the operation went pretty smoothly. But once I got in there, the appendix wasn’t so inflamed. D’oh!"
:D

"Your leg’s going to be fine, Michael. And I wouldn’t worry about getting hit by any more cars. I’ve shorted your calf muscles to theoretically increase your jumping ability. But if it works, I could be the best in the world."

IntestineBoy

Sasquatch of 1000 (hairy) colons
did anyone catch this off btefnet? id be very interested in hearing from you if you did. i just moved back on campus for a quarter, and i have found that they've blocked bittorrent completley, and i missed tonight's episode whilst moving stuff. let me know.

Hournda

What is this? Another Arrested Development circle jerk? Did anyone read something awful the other day:

I have never seen the critically acclaimed but often unwatched series Arrested Development. The reason is because every time the show is mentioned anywhere on the Internet Arrested Development fanboys show up and start talking about how it’s the greatest show ever and that it’s going to get cancelled because the general public is too stupid to get the jokes and blah blah blah. They start telling you when it’s on and how great it is and I’m sick of it. You don’t even have to say the words “Arrested Development” in the same sentence. All you have to do is somehow get the words “development” and “arrested” on the same page somewhere and a fan of the show will show up without fail and berate anyone who does not watch it.

I was reading a thread on our very own Something Awful Forums about some random topic, probably Terry Schiavo the human carrot since everybody is talking about that stupid woman who literally vomited herself into a coma, and someone happened to mention Arrested Development. I think they were saying something like, “I don’t have much time because Arrested Development is coming on soon but blah blah blah.” The thread wasn’t even about television and it only took a couple more replies for someone to show up and start the “HOLY FUCKING SHIT ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT IS THE BEST SHOW EVER” nerd spiel. He posted this short essay on why the world is so unfair that excellent shows like Arrested Development are beaten into submission like a red-headed step child (or one of my children) and yet shows like American Idol prosper.

You know how when you say “Beatlejuice” three times Michael Keaton is supposed to show up? You only have to say “Arrested Development” once and someone will show up and suck your dick in the hopes that you watch this dumb show. Give me a fucking break. I’m sick of hearing about it and because everybody is praising the show so fervently I have decided to never ever watch it for as long as I live. I was mildly interested and was probably going to catch it eventually but because of all the Arrested Development lunacy you lost a potential fan. That’s it. You pushed too hard. You scared me away. And I’m sure you scared a ton of other people away as well. No show is so incredible that you have to buy a goddamn banner ad on a web site for it. Isn’t that the kind of thing the marketing department at Fox is supposed to do?

golem

ah begin the timeslot dance of death.. fox's sure-fired way to achieve the ratings result they want (shitty), so the cancellation will appear justified

quest

Not Banned from OT
If the time slot dance gets the show another season I'll be happy. 3 seasons might be short but it is better than fox usually does. Hell undeclared got less than half a season. 24 has jumped in the ratings moving to another night. Maybe arested would be better off on another night also. Ill take a move over cancelation any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom