• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Arrested Development tonight w/ Ben Stiller!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plankton

Damn this show is too good! I loved the whole episode cutting and floor changing joke. I loved when Ben Stillers character was walking away and he starting making these noises like he was going pull something out but starts swearing because he kicked something and hurt himself :lol

I'm hoping this episode pulled a heap more viewers in due to Ben Stiller apperaing on it. This show needs as many as it can get so fox won't pull the plug so early. Atleast theres probably another season coming but I don't see any after that, unless another station picks it up. :(

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
this was the first time i had ever seent his show, i will be watching it every week now :I

I've only started watching this show within the past month or two (seen the last 4 or 5 episodes, methinks) and well.. everyone's right. It ROCKS. Hard. :D

human5892

Queen of Denmark
sp0rsk said:
this was the first time i had ever seent his show, i will be watching it every week now :I
Where have you been, man?! Still, I'm glad you've seen the light.

Last night's episode was golden as usual. This has got to be one of the best shows of all time.

Hmm... it was better than some of the first season stuff that I had seen earlier, but still nothing special. The first episode of the American version of The Office was better than this, even though it was pretty lame compared to the original.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
BTW, here's the lyrics to "The Final Countdown". It makes it about 50 times funnier if you know them.

We're leaving together
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back
To earth, who can tell
I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground (leaving ground)
Will things ever be the same again
It's the final countdown...
The final countdown
Ooh oh

We're heading for Venus (Venus)
And still we stand tall
Cause maybe they've seen us
And welcome us all (yeah)
With so many light years to go
And things to be found (to be found)
I'm sure that we'll all miss her so
It's the final countdown...
The final countdown
The final countdown (the final countdown)
Ooh ooh oh

(interlude)

The final countdown
Ooh oh
I'ts the final countdown
The final countdown
The final countdown (the final countdown)
Ooh
It's the final countdown
We are leaving together
The final countdown

Arrested Development gets points for just including that song so often in the first place. It completely fits Gob's character, too.

ruffles

Fight for Freeform said:
Is there any way to find out how the ratings went?

"At 8 p.m., CBS got a 10.4/17 from "Cold Case," which was enough to hold off ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" with a 9.1/15. NBC's "The Contender" had a 4.1/7, holding off a repeat of "The Simpsons" and a new "Arrested Development." which averaged a 3.5/6 between them. The WB's second hour of "Charmed" remained in last."

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,272|94383|1|,00.html

Arrested, for most part, loses its Simpsons lead in by two share points.

bionic77

Hournda said:
What is this? Another Arrested Development circle jerk? Did anyone read something awful the other day:

Maybe the reason everyone loves this show that much is because it is that damn good?

And that guy at something awful is retarded.

Hournda said:
What is this? Another Arrested Development circle jerk? Did anyone read something awful the other day:

You know why this proverbial circle-jerk exists? Because it's about to get killed. It's happened before. It's a genuinely good show, that deserves to at least SURVIVE on the air. Look at the shows that have been on for a good number of years; Yes Dear, King of Queens, Committed, Raymond, Hope and Faith, MY Wife and Kids; etc. These are shows that have existed, for a number of years at this point and while I'm not speaking of the quality of the show, they're traditional "set-up, punchline, laugh track" shows. Even if there's a large number of people that don't like AD, AD is at the very least, as good as these shows (IMO and probably the vast majority in this thread, far better but that's beside the point) and deserves to at least have a slot somewhere during the week. But alas, it seems like Fox is sharpening up their axe.

Brilliant shows have gotten the axe before their prime: Wonderfalls, Undeclared, Firefly, Freaks and Geeks (oh, how that one killed me) and I really don't want that to happen to AD.

Buster: SILENCE SLAVE! In this magic trick im going to put a sword through my assistant's tummy. *giggles*

Gob: No patter.

Buster: MAY I HAVE THE TRICK SWORD, PLEASE.

GOB: It's a reeeeal sword, master!

:lol :lol :lol

CaptainABAB

If FOX drops it, I goddamn hope someone with some sense from HBO or comedy central picks it up. How expensive can it be?!

mj1108

sp0rsk said:

You now need to catchup by buying Season 1 on DVD and catch up on Season 2 with torrents. ;)

Link

The Autumn Wind
Hournda said:
Thanks for that great contribution to this thread. This was my favorite part:
You only have to say “Arrested Development” once and someone will show up and suck your dick in the hopes that you watch this dumb show. Give me a fucking break. I’m sick of hearing about it and because everybody is praising the show so fervently I have decided to never ever watch it for as long as I live.
Wow, brilliant. This guy is probably one of those people that hates a band once they get a song on the radio. "People like them! They suck now! I'll show them by never listening to them ever again!"

Talk about stupidity.

Goddammit, I had to miss this one due to an Easter family party I went to. It sounded like a good episode too. This is a rare time that FOX airs a new episode for a show on a holiday.

FightyF

Banned
I thought Gob's first 15 lines were hilarious. Even Micheals responses were pretty good..."It looks like you're looking for dragons...in the future."
M: "You're losing blood, aren't you?
G: "Probably, my socks are wet."

And even little touches like George Sr. listening to rap in the SUV.

The funniest thing about Gob using The Final Countdown is that he (like most of us) could use it as a cheesy "pump-up" song. It pumps him up on stage...it hasn't gotten old yet.

And I love the Final Countdown remix with the church organ...originally used on his funeral magic-err, illusion trick. It has some crazy electronic toms.

Guzim

For my cousin's wedding him and his fiancé are using The Final Countdown when they walk down together at the reception. :lol :lol :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
TheTurtleTitan said:
Goddammit, I had to miss this one due to an Easter family party I went to. It sounded like a good episode too. This is a rare time that FOX airs a new episode for a show on a holiday.

Dont have BitTorrent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom