• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Unity (and Rogue) Screenshots

MayMay

Banned
Couldnt find a thread about them, so here are some nice new bullshots

ACU
1409682861-1.jpg

1409682858-2.jpg

1409682875-4.jpg

1409682872-5.jpg

1409682867-3.jpg
ACR

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/09/assassins-creed-unity-rogue-screenshots.html

Assassinate me if old

dreamfall

What a cool non-assassin get up!

I love the variety on the co-op assassins too!

I want both! GAH! November is going to hurt.

Still not sure about the changes to Eagle vision- seeing an NPC in some strange color always breaks immersion for me.

MayMay

Banned
I love how one of the outfits in the Coop screenshots looks a bit like Ezios ACB outfit. Very stylish. So glad there's this amount of customization in the game.

Also, Arno looks so damn classy without the Assassin stuff on lol

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Really liking the design for Arno. I just hope Rogue does enough to set itself apart from Unity, as playing two AC titles back to back would get old fast if they're too similar.

The fuck is wrong with the hand in the second one? looks like they just photoshopped the character sideways onto the rest of the image and messed up trying to align the hand to the basket... the whole pose looks weird

3rd 4th and 5th screenshots look really bad graphically.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Glad to see a full shot of Arno's character model without the assassin outfit. And even more assassin outfits. The people who said the outfits in MP were just "recolors" need some crow right now. Can't help but think that those rogue screenshots are what the ps4 version is gonna look like.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Really liking the design for Arno. I just hope Rogue does enough to set itself apart from Unity, as playing two AC titles back to back would get old fast if they're too similar.

Just hope that Unity does enough to set itself apart from Black Flag and you should be set. Rogue looks like a mild expansion/continuation of Black Flag in terms of gameplay, boat focus, and even environmental assets.

Haha, Ubisoft just have no shame.

Always remember

acl1711kis.jpg

All that lotion for nothing.

MayMay

Banned
The fuck is wrong with the hand in the second one? looks like they just photoshopped the character sideways onto the rest of the image and messed up trying to align the hand to the basket... the whole pose looks weird

3rd 4th and 5th screenshots look really bad graphically.

I think I've read something a few days ago that the graphics during the Coop is actually not as good as during the SP.

No_Style

Those are some thick eyebrows in that first pic. I can't stop staring at them.

Also, that wicker basket is very sturdy. They don't make them like that anymore.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Will get Unity this year.

Will get the inevitable PS4 port of Rogue next year.

Was going to say the same, Rogue looks pretty interesting, so hopefully we do get some sort of HD port or something next year so I can give it a go as I really have no urge to go back a generation at this point.

I love how one of the outfits in the Coop screenshots looks a bit like Ezios ACB outfit. Very stylish. So glad there's this amount of customization in the game.

Also, Arno looks so damn classy without the Assassin stuff on lol

I always thought the AC games never had enough customisation in them, I can't say I am that interested in co-op, but thankfully the feature has made them put more work into better outfit customisation. Also yea, Arno looks great, hopefully he ends up being an interesting character, they promise this will be like a new start in many ways for the series so I hope it all pans out, the characters and city look pretty good so far.

Am I wrong for being more interested in Rogue?

Nope, but I'm not buying a last gen AC game after playing AC4 on PS4. No slowdown in cities or screentearing at all.
No way I could go back to playing a ghetto AC again, I will wait for PS4 rouge.

Creaking

Gosh darn it, I think I pre-ordered the wrong AC. Oh well, I'll give Unity a shot and maybe buy Rogue when it's cheap or ported to the PS4.

Just be sure to check out the gameplay footage of Rogue. It really does look strikingly like Black Flag, and most of Shay's new tools are just reskins of what you had in BF.

still think they completely fucked up by delaying unity so they are both out on the same day. 4 Ubi games in one day, then fc4 the following week. Unity is definitely the one that I will be picking up on launch. Might just hold out for inevitable next gen port of rogue

Crossing Eden

Even then, the Unity screenshots look like HD versions of last-gen screenshots. The textures, hair and lighting look bad.
These games look much better in motion.
giphy.gif

Hmmm, Elise looks older in the screenshot than she does in the gif, maybe that screen is from later in the game.

Creaking

Don't you DARE insult ACIV by comparing it to AC3.

It was nothing like AC3 and was better in pretty much every way.

It was an expansion and refinement on the good elements of 3, but they were clearly birds of a feather. Eagles I think.

Crossing Eden

Don't you DARE insult ACIV by comparing it to AC3.

It was nothing like AC3 and was better in pretty much every way.
Dude I love this series as much as the next guy but AC4 reused a tons of assets of AC3. The biggest difference between the two is the environment.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Rogue looks more interesting but Unity will most likely be a better game. Looking forward to playing them sometime next year when they're dirt cheap due to low sales. This series is suffering from oversaturation and there's no way to tell them apart. Why not name Unity: Assassin's Creed V: Revolution (for once a Re-title that actually works) and Rogue: Assassin's Creed IV - Chapter 2: Rogue. Or something. So that the public can place them in their respective series.

Top Bottom