• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman Begins Stills.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario_Hugo

Lisa Edelstein's dad touched my private parts. True fact.
I kind of always imagined Batman as long, slender, built but acrobatic--Christian Bale is too thick imo, but the images looks good no less.

Simo

Not sure if this was posted but production artwork for Batman Begins featuring the Scarecrow that was sold on Ebay for $300:
scare202.jpg

Liono

That looks decent, anyone know what the scarecrow does in this movie? Looks like some kind of serial killer.

Oh, and batman's neck is HUGE.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Scarecrow is Dr. Jonathan Crane, a doctor who specializes in fear and performs sadistic experiments on inmates at Arkham Asylum. He wears this fucked-up looking sack to screw with their minds because he's a Grade-A loonie.

He's one of the three villains in the movie, including Ra's Al Ghul and Carmine Falcone, although Falcone does not play a big part in the film.

Liono said:
Oh, and batman's neck is HUGE.

Uh, welcome to last... [enter whatever here!]

I'd rather have a Batman with a slightly larger neck than the Burton predecessors that can actually move his head, then a smaller neck with no movement whatsoever.

Winged Creature said:
wow these pics look very good as opposed to some of the others

Like many people said when the initial shots were released, the film was early into production and the best, clear shot of the batsuit we had was against a white background. It'd be silly to judge it in that kind of environment.

I'm just glad that these new suits are made out of neoprene and foam latex, so Bale can actually move in that thing.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Rorschach said:

Did you not see any of the previous Batman films?

Batman was unable to move his head because the neck was made entirely out of rubber or other material that was equally as hard to move in.

However, the reason why the neck is bigger in this variation of the batsuit is so that Bale can move his head around and not be restricted by the material.

Rorschach

Willco said:
Did you not see any of the previous Batman films?

Batman was unable to move his head because the neck was made entirely out of rubber or other material that was equally as hard to move in.

However, the reason why the neck is bigger in this variation of the batsuit is so that Bale can move his head around and not be restricted by the material.
Ok...just the way you worded it. Read it again. :p

I remember whenever Batman had to look somewhere, he had to turn his entire body from the waist up. :lol

jett

D-Member
trippingmartian said:
I'm not digging the minimalist costume and Batmobile. :\

Minimalist? The fuck? Go watch Schumacher's nipplefests if you like that shit so much. As far as I'm concerned Begins' costume has too much crap already. :p

Memles

trippingmartian said:
This costume isn't minimalist? Where's the emblem? Who the fuck said anything about Schumacher?

The Emblem is on the costume, raised above the surface slightly. Which is, really, minimalist.

But, I think the point is that we LIKE that, and you do not, and we're right, and thus you are wrong.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that it's more minimalist than the crap of the past.

Bob White

This costume isn't minimalist? Where's the emblem?

What the hell do you want? Lights? A big sign that says, "I'M THE BATMAN"? Batman is the snake of the comic book world. Low key and to the fucking point.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
How does the costume having a raised emblem make it minimalist? The costume as it is has way too much crap on it IMO. I dont like the belt and i hate the fact that there is no grey in the costume.

Bob White said:
What the hell do you want? Lights? A big sign that says, "I'M THE BATMAN"? Batman is the snake of the comic book world. Low key and to the fucking point.
I just think the costume needs a bit more contrast. Even the original Detective Comics Batman had more going on than this.

detective271jk.jpg

teiresias

About the only design choice I'm not liking in this film is the batmobile. Other than that I'm liking this whole "realistic" approach the movie is taking. Reminds me of Singer's take on the X-Men actually - a direction I like in movies based on comics books of this sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom