• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batsuit (The Batman)

DonJorginho

Banned
Getting heavy Arkham vibes here, very mechanical in nature. It sure what to make of it yet until we see it clear. You can’t even see his cowl that well. First vibes I’m getting are he’s too thin, but then it’s too dark to tell either way.

He still has time to bulk up, and it being a Year One film he doesn't need to be a beefcake yet.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
He still has time to bulk up, and it being a Year One film he doesn't need to be a beefcake yet.

Didn’t it already stand filming a few months ago though? One would assume it’s a bit late for beefing up.

See if this was Marvel he would be bench pressing the batwing by now.

DonJorginho

Banned
Didn’t it already stand filming a few months ago though? One would assume it’s a bit late for beefing up.

See if this was Marvel he would be bench pressing the batwing by now.

Only started filming last month I believe, I think Rob will be amazing in the role, Year One Batman doesn't need to be Captain America amounts of muscle.

Rob has the perfect Jawline for the caped crusader.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Only started filming last month I believe, I think Rob will be amazing in the role, Year One Batman doesn't need to be Captain America amounts of muscle.

Rob has the perfect Jawline for the caped crusader.

Having seen him in twilight j would massively disagree.

Having seen him in more recently stuff where he’s allowed to actually act and be more himself, i would I say agree. I’m not 100% on him, but I do believe now he has the potential to bring something to the role. I just hope this is a GOOD DC film, because a lot of them are anything but.

DonJorginho

Banned
Having seen him in twilight j would massively disagree.

Having seen him in more recently stuff where he’s allowed to actually act and be more himself, i would I say agree. I’m not 100% on him, but I do believe now he has the potential to bring something to the role. I just hope this is a GOOD DC film, because a lot of them are anything but.

Watch The Rover, Good Time, Cosmopolis, High Life, The Lighthouse, Bel Ami. They all prove his worth in spades.

I think this has all the pieces to be an amazing film.

Shazam, Joker, Birds Of Prey, Wonder Woman 1984 and The Batman could complete a good run of films that DC need.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I still have ye to watch bird of prey, but yeah joker and Shazam were awesome, and WW84 struck all the right notes with me.

DonJorginho

Banned
I still have ye to watch bird of prey, but yeah joker and Shazam were awesome, and WW84 struck all the right notes with me.

Birds Of Prey is a decent watch, nothing deep story wise but is a fun flick with some amazing action scenes. Solid 7/10

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Birds Of Prey is a decent watch, nothing deep story wise but is a fun flick with some amazing action scenes. Solid 7/10

Not gonna lie, the trailers looked bloody awful. Like, my wife went to see BVS at 9 months pregnant, and even she turned to me and said “wow that looks shit”. We are both quite into comic book films, as well.

DonJorginho

Banned
Not gonna lie, the trailers looked bloody awful. Like, my wife went to see BVS at 9 months pregnant, and even she turned to me and said “wow that looks shit”. We are both quite into comic book films, as well.

I thought it looked shit too, if it wasn't for my mate I wouldn't have went but I was surprised, it can be cringey at times but isn't too bad.

Ironbunny

Well, that cowl looks like crap. The suit itself has potential. I would have liked something like this but more sinister.

Batman-Arkham-Knight-Battles-Hero.jpg

Last edited:

Flintty

I’m not horrified by it, which is a good start. He might even make a decent Batman. Looking forward to finding out.

Suit is different, which I’m cool with.

And the music sounds decent too.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Looks like Robin decided to cosplay as Baman. Looks crap, HUGE HEAD and 80´s shoulder pads.

At every hollywood studio and publishers,

.... please hand over your IP to Christopher Nolan already. He knows his stuff. Who ever is in charge of the newest baman suit, tell him or her to fuck off.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
When was this confirmed to be a Year One movie?

Also, I don't like the look so far. Head looks huge, body too small.

It is heavily inspired by year one/year two that has been more or less confirmed by many reports, Reeves also wants it to be more detective based than previous batman films.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so its the gun hit parents were killed with as the bat symbol? that is pretty cool.

kind of into the idea of a lean and mean Batman. Affleck and Bale were both bulky musclemen. it is cool they are trying for a more stylized approach. after all, it seemed to have worked for Joker...

VulcanRaven

I hope we get a Batsuit that looks similar to the one in Akrham games. I saw this video on Youtube recently:

That looks great.

Last edited:

Animagic

Banned
In this movie, do we have to go through his origin story again and watching his parents get murdered on-screen... again?

lol

I think the bike and the suit looks interesting, but these are very raw photos

I dig the ears and surely they'll make sense once their shape is explained

My guess is they're radio antennas that keep him updated on the news

it looks like jesse ventura is behind the mask

i wonder whats the practical use of his forearm blades this time

before it was insurance for sliding off cliffs and off-shooting to stab people in the face

Top Bottom