• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Black pics

jayhawker

TheJollyCorner said:
:lol what? Is that what Xbots are claiming these days?

Actually, I was praising the PS2's graphical capabilities, while mildly rebuking the notion that bits are the main force behind graphical prowess. But if you wanna call me an Xbot I don't mind. I prefer Nintendo actually, but whatever.

3rdman

Nobody gives a shit about console loyalties...must every thread be riddled with people labeling others followed by a standard defensive post? So tiring...

In any case, why are there 16:9 pics here? Is one of the versions in Widescreen?

damn i wish this was BC. i hate the PS2 controller, especially for FPS. also, the loading + harddrive associated with xbox 360... come on EA you stupid fucking bitches! Black + Arena Football + MVP baseball! make them all BC!

Can't wait to buy this.

Looking forward to seeing how it looks on HDLoader. I've noticed EA games always perform noticably better, not just in loading (duh, from HD), but in terms of a much better and smoother framerate. If it performs as good as Burnout: Revenge, I will be very happy.

e: just watched the vids at IGN. Drool. 27th can't come fast enough

FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn i wish this was BC. i hate the PS2 controller, especially for FPS. also, the loading + harddrive associated with xbox 360... come on EA you stupid fucking bitches! Black + Arena Football + MVP baseball! make them all BC!

EA + MS don't care about Xbox 260 gamers.

I'm very pissed that I have to but this for PS2 as well, fuck MS and their psuedo-BC. There's no excuse how future Xbox1 titles aren't BC.

3rdman said:
Nobody gives a shit about console loyalties...must every thread be riddled with people labeling others followed by a standard defensive post? So tiring...

Maybe next time you can bring your picket sign, chief.

human5892 said:
I'm excited for this game and all, but I feel like the guns could take up a little less room on the screen. I realize that they're meant to be highlighted because they're the focal point of the game, but even so, they just seem like they get a little too much screen real estate.

As beautiful as the guns are, I have to agree with you on this. I feel like a midget could come to my lower right side and take me down.

Pedigree Chum said:
I'm very pissed that I have to but this for PS2 as well, fuck MS and their psuedo-BC. There's no excuse how future Xbox1 titles aren't BC.

Buy it and then save it to play on your PS3. :)

i'm going to wait for the next BC update in march (or whenever it is) to see if black is on the list (as well as other xbox mutliplatform games i want!). if not, i will bite the bullet and get the ps2 version... of all the games :(

Helznicht

So how final was the PS2 demo running at EBs? Honestly it did not look near as nice as these shots and the framerate dropped pretty badly during firefights and explosions....

kenta

Has no PEINS
Helznicht said:
So how final was the PS2 demo running at EBs? Honestly it did not look near as nice as these shots and the framerate dropped pretty badly during firefights and explosions....
The demo is from a terribly old build and from what I hear doesn't accurately represent the final game very well at all. Quite a shame because many people will probably be underwhelmed by the demo and write the game off completely.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Fëanor said:
I hear it plays like crap. :lol

Crap is harsh but the OPM demo has control and aiming problems that put me right off. Then again it's old and it's only about 5 minutes long so it's hard to judge the entire game from that. I'll wait for some reviews from trusted sources but I'm leaning towards waiting for a price drop right now.

Ranger X

Seriously guys, play the demo, your opinion may change.
I'm super picky at FPS and i really like this one so far. If i have something to say against the controls i'd say they are a bit slidy but that's all.

Helznicht

Played the demo and thought the controls were fine. But the colors have a very muted look, graphics werent very crisp (even for last gen) and the framerate was a rollercoaster ride. Game played good enough from what i tried, but it wasnt anything exciting either.

Raistlin

FrenchMovieTheme said:

While it sucks you have to pay for it, you always can get a X-box -> PS2 controller adapter.

Check around and see if you can score a used one ...

winter

So is this going to get an XBOX360 port ala Burnout Revenge or what? I'm gona be fucking annoyed if I plop down $40 on this just to find out they are releasing a superior version a couple months later.

winter said:
So is this going to get an XBOX360 port ala Burnout Revenge or what? I'm gona be fucking annoyed if I plop down $40 on this just to find out they are releasing a superior version a couple months later.

Never say never, but I think its more likely EA is seeking to franchise Black now on the current gen systems while the userbase is as ripe as it'll ever be, and have Criterion eventually work on the sequel from the ground up on the next gen Renderware (which if MoH:A is anything to go by, is quite capable indeed). Burnout 360 strikes me as your typical launch entry quickie port (same engine with some modestly upgraded assets), and that window is closing fast.

Top Bottom