• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New? Bladestorm: 100 year war PS3 Gamesplay screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharukins

Banned
bladestorm-the-hundred-years-war-20060630051111892.jpg

bladestorm-the-hundred-years-war-20060630051113064.jpg

do you just intentionally dig through IGN for the shittiest PS3 games/screenshots? It's a serious question, since you seem to do this on a regular basis.

sharukins

Banned
TheJollyCorner said:
do you just intentionally dig through IGN for the shittiest PS3 games/screenshots? It's a serious question.

No, i released all newest warhawk, resistence images too. i have a RSS feed linked to all gaming websites

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think these are old. I remember making fun of Koei for something other than Fatal Inertia.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Yoboman said:
I could've sworn Bladestorm used to be in an Asian setting

It's always been subtitled 'The Hundred Years War', which refers to an English/French war.

And yeah, these shots are ze old.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Seriously though why are some games on next-gen systems looking the same as games on the PS2 and Xbox?

mckmas8808 said:
Seriously though why are some games on next-gen systems looking the same as games on the PS2 and Xbox?

Lazy ports, unskilled Developers,etc I can think of a few titles on 360 as well that look like it could easily be done on xbox1.

Yoboman

gofreak said:
It's always been subtitled 'The Hundred Years War', which refers to an English/French war.

And yeah, these shots are ze old.
Yeah, I was thinking of Ni-Oh, which has unfortunately dissappeared.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Mr.Potato Head said:
Lazy ports, Lazy Developers,etc I can think of a few titles on 360 as well that look like it could easily be done on xbox1.

But why? With so much more power shouldn't their be a level of quailty that they wouldn't go below?

Lhadatt

Yay for PS2-launch technology! Yay for instancing the same model over and over again! Yay for no-budget strategy games!

YAY FOR $600

mckmas8808 said:
But why? With so much more power shouldn't their be a level of quailty that they wouldn't go below?

Yeah i would think so but i guess we always see these few bad apples with new systems in their early days. I know what your saying but.. heck i dont know but to be fair, the game is still "work in progress"

mckmas8808 said:

A lot of Japanese developers have had no experience with extensively using shaders and normal maps because they worked on the PS2. Developers with XBox and PC experience seem to be the ones excelling at the moment.

Zaptruder

Banned
Not everygame can be AAA megabudget extravaganza. If the game plays well, I'll enjoy the graphics as a higher def old school game, as best you can really.

It looks better than the DW360 port, mainly because it isn't a port. But hey, they're made by the same people, so maybe we can't expect all that much (from those developers). Game looks like a sequel to the Kessen series though, so I'm pretty sure it'll play like shit as well.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
AlanHemberger said:
Where's my new Romanice of the Three Kingdoms? (I believe that's what it was called)

Not when you spell Romance with an I.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Just to let some of you know, 360 and PS3 can't turn bad art or bad programming and make it good just because they are Next Gen consoles. Maybe we will see this feature in PS9.

Don't hate the hardware, hate the game.....makers.

Koei has never made a good looking game....they certainly won't start now ;) Btw not all Japanese devs are having trobles with shaders and so on...

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Gunstar77 said:
Just to let some of you know, 360 and PS3 can't turn bad art or bad programming and make it good just because they are Next Gen consoles. Maybe we will see this feature in PS9.

Don't hate the hardware, hate the game.....makers.
We know this, but fanboys will deny and ignore this untill the pigs fly. :)

KOEI sucks at graphics, but who cares, the game might rock.

pingu1.gif

Zaptruder said:
Not everygame can be AAA megabudget extravaganza. If the game plays well, I'll enjoy the graphics as a higher def old school game, as best you can really.

The thing is, KOEI could if they wanted to. They have one of the mostpopular franchises in Japan right now, and they aren't slouches here either.

Perhaps it's a sort of proof of concept? They wouldn't be trying very hard if that's the case... just trying to get a feel for how the game will look and play out. It honestly seems way to subpar even for Koei.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom