• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Burger King items this spring: Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Burger, Chipotle Whopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.burgerbusiness.com/?p=13643

♦ The menu surprise is the $3.99 Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Burger. Burger King introduced a Jalapeňo & Cheddar BK Stuffed Steakhouse burger in January 2011. In addition to having a crazy-long name, it was the first attempt at a stuffed burger by a national chain, but Burger King seemed content to put the stuffed-burger idea on hold until now. As with the earlier try, fillings aren’t so much stuffed as kneaded into the meat. That “stuffing” includes hardwood-smoked bacon and Cheddar cheese. Toppings include lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mayo and onion rings on the “artisan” bun used earlier for the BBQ Pulled Pork and other premium sandwiches.

lanCtya.jpg

♦ The chipotle items include the expected Chipotle Whopper (topped with thick-cut bacon, pepper-Jack cheese, spicy chipotle mayo, lettuce, tomato and caramelized onion on a sesame-seed bun at $4.29) that is also available in Whopper Jr. size for $2.49. The Chipotle Tendercrisp Chicken sandwich ($4.79) gets the same toppings: spicy chipotle mayo, caramelized onion, bacon, pepper-Jack, tomato and lettuce on the “artisan” bun. It can be halved and rolled in a tortilla as a wrap for $2.99.

0Ju3ryf.jpg

♦ For non-beef eaters there’s a $3.99 Turkey Burger. Those who eschew their meat get a new Veggie Burger for $2.99. The “fire-grilled” turkey patty is simply topped with lettuce, tomato, red onion and mayo on that “artisan” bun. The Veggie Burger starts with a MorningStar Farms Garden Veggie Patty like you can find in the supermarket and gets topped with lettuce, tomato, red onion, ketchup and mayo. It also gets the sesame-seed bun.

8ely2NS.jpg

♦ The new side/snack is Loaded Tater Tots, described as “warm fluffy potatoes filled with flavorful bacon and sweet onions on the inside, with a savory and crisp crumb coating on the outside.” If that sounds good, they come in 8-, 10- or 12-piece packs.

♦ Glazed Donut Holes are the dessert/snack item at $1.49. They’re pitched as a companion to Burger King’s new Smooth Roast Coffee, unveiled last month. The lattés promised then are now available in plain, caramel, vanilla and mocha varieties for just $1.

♦ Finally, Burger King also adds a Piňa Colada Smoothie and peach-flavored sweet or unsweetened iced tea.

i2TTDVM.jpg

I've tried the chipotle chicken, the turkey one and Bacon cheddar....they're ok, the cheddar one was the best, chipotle 2nd and turkey was good but that had no business having ketchup on it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That veggie burger is a bit disappointing. What, pickles aren't Vegan/Vegetarian?

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
♦ The new side/snack is Loaded Tater Tots, described as “warm fluffy potatoes filled with flavorful bacon and sweet onions on the inside, with a savory and crisp crumb coating on the outside.”

Mother of god..

Man looks delicious. I'd actually love a turkey burger, would cut a lot of fat. I'm kind of curious as to how the veggie burger would taste.

Soriku

Jalapeňo & Cheddar BK Stuffed Steakhouse burger in January 2011

tumblr_m6xt75gV5u1rox0vu.gif

I still weep for this sandwich. Best thing BK ever had, though their Texas BBQ and Angry Whoppers were good too. Why does all the good stuff have to be limited? :(

That said, the Chipotle Whopper seems good I think.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Ever since the closest BK closed, the nearest one is the next town over. Meanwhile, there are two McDonald's within a 4 minute drive in either direction.

Raw64life

After not having BK for many years I've been there a few times this year because they brought back Cheesy Tots. Apparently they've now added bacon to them. I know what I'm getting tomorrow.

I had the chipolte chicken yesterday. The onions were way too salty and I just didn't like the taste of it. I wouldn't get it again. The mayo also leaked all over.

I don't go to BK very often, but if it's still around I'll have to try the stuffed burger.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That veggie burger sounds lovely. o:

But... no pickles!

D:

Anyway, I kinda want to try their Pina Colada shake out. I haven't have a BK Shake in a good... 15-20 years but would for that.

@Soriku: I didn't have that one, but I had the Angry Whopper (which was just the jalapeno) which was nice but really: What is the point of "baking" it into the meat? Might as well just top the burger with it.

I did try their "50th anniversary" or whatever classic whopper which was nice.

Those tots sound good. Everything else (besides the turkey and veggie burgers) sounds sort of samey.

Is their new coffee any good? I could see picking up some donut holes and a coffee one morning before work..

Soriku

@Soriku: I didn't have that one, but I had the Angry Whopper (which was just the jalapeno) which was nice but really: What is the point of "baking" it into the meat? Might as well just top the burger with it.

I did try their "50th anniversary" or whatever classic whopper which was nice.

More flavor into every bite? The Angry and Texas BBQ Whoppers had Jalapenos but they weren't always prevalent. I think it may also cause them to be less picky about how many Jalapenos they on (since they're stuffing it and not just topping it) but IDK.

It was delicious either way. Hope they bring it back someday.

Kokonoe

Banned
Chipotle Chicken? I'll have to try this since Jack in the Box got rid of the amazing Chipotle Chicken Ciabatta a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom